Play Nice Random Discussion II - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Been to Holbrook heaps of times.
The old Carribean Gardens was a theme park of sorts in the 70's.
There as a fake submarine on the lake you could walk into 😀
and I really wish they'd stop.........

Interesting story about the Holbrook one that I recently heard.

Was the second last of the Oberon class subs in Australia whilst waiting for Collins class subs. The last had its radar damaged whilst still operational. They weren't being made any more so the only way that they could get it fixed was to hope that the one at Holbrook still had a working one which it did.

But I digress. I remember Carribean Gardens but was way too cool to go there. Was the late shows "P!ss Weak World" modelled on it?
No, think that was Wobbie's World, remember those ads?

feeling pretty chuffed with my inner nerd today.
switched over to 5g wireless internet, which is awesome, but my hp printer said No. Shan't.
hmmm. What to do. Stuffed around for a few hours. Much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth until the light bulb moment.
Doh!
Go get a usb a to b connected silly horse!
Officeworks.
Done.
Connected.
Ah. Lovely.

feeling pretty chuffed with my inner nerd today.
switched over to 5g wireless internet, which is awesome, but my hp printer said No. Shan't.
hmmm. What to do. Stuffed around for a few hours. Much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth until the light bulb moment.
Doh!
Go get a usb a to b connected silly horse!
Officeworks.
Done.
Connected.
Ah. Lovely.
Chaffed not chuffed.................:cool::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's faulkner ever had, other than a cemetery?
The First and Last Hotel....
True story..back in the early 90's a few of us cricket lads chipped in and bought a boat. (In hindsight, it wasn't really a,smart purchase as we all played cricket every weekend in summer 🤣).

Anyway, we pick it up from a place in Craigieburn. On the way back home, we stop at the F&L for a couple of celebratory pots.
About 4 hours later, we head outside and the boat and trailer has been knicked.
So our sober mate heads around the corner to the police station to report it.

About 4 months later, we get a call saying it's been found, back with the geezer we bought it from.. and he'd used the money we paid to do about 5k worth of improvements to it!

Apparently, he overheard us saying we'd stop for a beer, and teed up a mate to steal it back! 🤣🤣..

We used the boat about 4 times and sold it 5 years later.. lol

The First and Last Hotel....
True story..back in the early 90's a few of us cricket lads chipped in and bought a boat. (In hindsight, it wasn't really a,smart purchase as we all played cricket every weekend in summer 🤣).

Anyway, we pick it up from a place in Craigieburn. On the way back home, we stop at the F&L for a couple of celebratory pots.
About 4 hours later, we head outside and the boat and trailer has been knicked.
So our sober mate heads around the corner to the police station to report it.

About 4 months later, we get a call saying it's been found, back with the geezer we bought it from.. and he'd used the money we paid to do about 5k worth of improvements to it!

Apparently, he overheard us saying we'd stop for a beer, and teed up a mate to steal it back! 🤣🤣..

We used the boat about 4 times and sold it 5 years later.. lol
That's a Seinfeld episode right there......

That's a Seinfeld episode right there......
Title: "The Stolen Ship of Summer"

Scene: Jerry's Apartment

• Jerry: (Excited) "You won't believe what happened over the summer, George. The cricket lads, you know the guys, the ones who never play cricket but just sit there watching, they went and bought a boat!"
  • George: "A boat? What are they, pirates now?"
  • Jerry: "Apparently, they were so thrilled about it; they stopped at the First & Last Hotel to celebrate after picking it up."

Scene: Monk's Café

• Elaine: "So, they celebrated their purchase at a pub?"
  • Jerry: "Yes! And here's the kicker - while they were sipping their pots, the boat and trailer got stolen!"
  • George: (Amused) "Classic cricket guys, buying a boat they'll never use."
  • Elaine: "Now the boat's gone, and George, get this, they sold it five years later having used it only four times!"
  • George: "What's the deal with buying a boat just to sell it later and not use it?!"

Scene: Police Station

• Kramer bursts in, breathless: "Guys, I got a crazy theory! You remember that boat story, right?"
  • Jerry: "Yeah, we were just talking about it. What's your theory?"
  • Kramer: "I think the guy who sold them the boat... stole it back while they were at the bar!"
  • George: "Stole his own boat? Why would he do that?"
  • Kramer: "Because he overheard them saying they'd stop for a beer, and he thought, 'What a great time to steal it back!'"

Scene: First & Last Hotel

• The gang decides to confront the boat seller. They confront the guy who sold the boat.
  • Boat Seller: "You're the guys who bought my boat and had a celebratory drink, right?"
  • Jerry: "Yeah, that's us."
  • Boat Seller: "Well, I needed to make some improvements to the boat, so I had to take it back."
  • Elaine: "But you sold it back to them?"
  • Boat Seller: "Well, you know how it is, these things happen. It's just business."

- In the end, they realize the boat's curse continues. They all agree they should stick to cricket and never buy a boat again.

Fade out with Jerry doing a stand-up bit about how the cricket guys bought a boat they never used, which was promptly stolen, and then sold back to them by the original seller.

• Jerry: (Excited) "You won't believe what happened over the summer, George. The cricket lads, you know the guys, the ones who never play cricket but just sit there watching, they went and bought a boat!"
  • Jerry: "Apparently, they were so thrilled about it; they stopped at the First & Last Hotel to celebrate after picking it up."

• Jerry: "Yes! And here's the kicker - while they were sipping their pots, the boat and trailer got stolen!"
  • Elaine: "Now the boat's gone, and George, get this, they sold it five years later having used it only four times!"
  • George: "What's the deal with buying a boat just to sell it later and not use it?!"

• Kramer bursts in, breathless: "Guys, I got a crazy theory! You remember that boat story, right?"
  • Kramer: "I think the guy who sold them the boat... stole it back while they were at the bar!"
  • Kramer: "Because he overheard them saying they'd stop for a beer, and he thought, 'What a great time to steal it back!'"

• The gang decides to confront the boat seller. They confront the guy who sold the boat.
  • Boat Seller: "You're the guys who bought my boat and had a celebratory drink, right?"
  • Boat Seller: "Well, I needed to make some improvements to the boat, so I had to take it back."
  • Boat Seller: "Well, you know how it is, these things happen. It's just business."

- In the end, they realize the boat's curse continues. They all agree they should stick to cricket and never buy a boat again.

Fade out with Jerry doing a stand-up bit about how the cricket guys bought a boat they never used, which was promptly stolen, and then sold back to them by the original seller.
Knew we had Larry David on here. Shame we couldn't finish with Jerry cursing "Nick Newman!!"

I actually pictured every single scene of that in 'Seinfeld speak'... 🤣

Magnificent.

ghh.gif

I would love to read more Seinfeld scenes from a hat, swuzzlebubble

Top shelf. Perhaps you could have a ping at your perception - in the context of a Seinfeld episode - of some key moments from our year? Maybe the unbelievable rise of the Blues and fall of our rivals...

Seinfeld was a great show.

Can't wait for the reboot or special coming.

Yes, you read correctly.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Seinfeld was a great show.

Can't wait for the reboot or special coming.

Yes, you read correctly.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
They don’t make shows like Seinfeld anymore :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back