Play Nice Random Discussion II - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Smart easily the best for me (my Harley Reid)

NOT IN ORDER CAUSE I CBFd THINKING TOO HARD
Seinfeld
Simpsons
2 and a half men (with Charlie Sheen)
Gilligans Island (Dawn Wells and Tina Louise...enough said)
Family Guy
Modern Family
MASH
McHales Navy
On the Buses
Mind Your Language
Benny Hill

Shout out to HR PuffnStuff...only 17 episodes, but man, they tripped me out

This has all gone past me. Nothing would ever top Maxwell Smart. End of story.
When they kidnapped the Chief and Control was running a telethon
Max picks up the phone.."oh thankyou, that's a generous donation"
Max - We got a donation for $500
99 - Who from Max?
Max - The boys down at counterfeiting:)

Just started doing some form for Flemington.

Unless there's a boilover the big race seems the easiest of many years to predict. Very few staters this year - only about 3 or 4 horses that can run the distance. Most 1800m to 2400m runners. Most years there's double that.

Western bulldogs found not to have protected kids from historical little league paedophile and have to pay nearly $6 million.

No winners in this sort of thing but that's got to hurt the club.

Unfortunately it was probably rife through the whole VFL back in the 70’s - I don’t think our Little League program escaped this either

Unfortunately it was probably rife through the whole VFL back in the 70’s - I don’t think our Little League program escaped this either
I know that the saints had similar issues. Be interesting to see whether clubs are covered under their public liability insurances?

Don't know it this is the right thread for it, but I really don't like this practise of clubs cutting senior players from the senior list with the promise to take them again in the rookie draft.

The Suns latest club to do this with Sam Day.
I mean, it's not without risk. GC did it to Hugh Greenwood, only to have Nth get in his ear and select him first.

It's not good or bad, it simply is.

Unfortunately you are correct, it was and still is to a point in many sporting clubs, U19 Australian cricket team years back destroyed and up and coming Vic batsmen, schools, swim programs, a top swim coach for Australia was kicked out of his own country for it, Australian parliament, the list is long. Australia has a pretty dark history when it comes to this sort of crap.

I know that the saints had similar issues. Be interesting to see whether clubs are covered under their public liability insurances?
Answering my own question I know but story in the Age states that the dogs are appealing and that their insurance does not cover them.

Wow. They are in a world of pain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answering my own question I know but story in the Age states that the dogs are appealing and that their insurance does not cover them.

Wow. They are in a world of pain.
Read that as
"States that Dogs are appalling".🫣

It just seems since he resigned the TDK is just a out and out Bluebagger now.

He’s not going anywhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TDK was at the Robbie Concert in Geelong tonight.

Robbie sang of being a Carlton fan. Didn't go down too well. "He said ooh that's divided you"

Also did the Dekonings in the air briefly.

Edit: it's been an hour and we're still stuck in the carpark.

Edit 2: concert finished at 9:40pm. Got home (near Ikon Park) at about 1.30am. couldnt get out of the carpark for an hour and a half. Absolute s**t show of traffic management. Do not recommend going to events at Mt Duneed Estate. If you have a choice better to go to a Melbourne show.

Last edited:
TDK was at the Robbie Concert in Geelong tonight.

Robbie sang of being a Carlton fan. Didn't go down too well. "He said ooh that's divided you"

Also did the Dekonings in the air briefly.

Edit: it's been an hour and we're still stuck in the carpark.

Edit 2: concert finished at 9:40pm. Got home (near Ikon Park) at about 1.30am. couldnt get out of the carpark for an hour and a half. Absolute s**t show of traffic management. Do not recommend going to events at Mt Duneed Estate. If you have a choice better to go to a Melbourne show.

I made a decision a while ago to give up on going to outdoor concerts - you either bake in the sun or get soaked - and then there was the Midnight Oil gig at Hanging Rock on Melbourne Cup weekend a few years ago where its was 6C !!

Oh.....and then line up for an hour to get out of the venue.

I made a decision a while ago to give up on going to outdoor concerts - you either bake in the sun or get soaked - and then there was the Midnight Oil gig at Hanging Rock on Melbourne Cup weekend a few years ago where its was 6C !!

And when it's hot it takes half the afternoon to buy a bloody overpriced can of drink when it's not BYO.

And when it's hot it takes half the afternoon to buy a bloody overpriced can of drink when it's not BYO.
You two sound like the two grumpy old blokes on the balcony in the Muppets.

Sure there's always some good, some bad. Some of the best I've been to include Elton John at Rutherglen, Midnight Oil at Wodonga and a couple of Bruce Springsteen's at Hanging Rock not to mention the Who and David Bowie headlining the Isle of Wight festival.

You just can't beat a good outdoor concert.

You two sound like the two grumpy old blokes on the balcony in the Muppets.

Sure there's always some good, some bad. Some of the best I've been to include Elton John at Rutherglen, Midnight Oil at Wodonga and a couple of Bruce Springsteen's at Hanging Rock not to mention the Who and David Bowie headlining the Isle of Wight festival.

You just can't beat a good outdoor concert.
My ex's besty's cousin own Sirromet Winery up here. Had some really good outdoor concerts there but had some putrid experiences when living in the United States with "festivals" not too dissimilar to the ones that got docos made out of them on Netflix.

Seems to go either way with those things. Either they're amazingly put together and well organised or they're "seconds from disaster" shitshows.

Tip - Hanging Rock, take a picnic basket, some fold up chairs, ‘um a cold one or a bottle of wine….
Post concert, break it out, put on some tunes and wait for the carpark to clear out, drive straight out.
Worked a treat when we went to Springsteen there.

Tip - Hanging Rock, take a picnic basket, some fold up chairs, ‘um a cold one or a bottle of wine….
Post concert, break it out, put on some tunes and wait for the carpark to clear out, drive straight out.
Worked a treat when we went to Springsteen there.

Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Wait just a minute...

My ex's besty's cousin own Sirromet Winery up here. Had some really good outdoor concerts there but had some putrid experiences when living in the United States with "festivals" not too dissimilar to the ones that got docos made out of them on Netflix.

Seems to go either way with those things. Either they're amazingly put together and well organised or they're "seconds from disaster" shitshows.
Went to Sirromet a few times when we lived at Cleveland up there. Had to fill in at the last minute for a mate who is a CEO at a ten tenors/James Morrison gig there whom are both on my "fate worse than death" list. Food and grog were o.k. though.

We definitely do need some rumours.....

Totally inconsiderate for BF nutters, this transition to well run high performing club nonsense. Not a rumour but one but a little factoid. One of my associates was doing lines at Oaks day with a quite significant Colliwobbles mid / forward at a corporate after party. Chastised him, explained the dangers of potentially keying in trades with a broken hand...

Let's hope bulldogs 2016 mark 2 kicks in. Crazy continues into the pre-season.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

Cocaine use is rife throughout the AFL and AFLW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back