Play Nice Random Discussion II - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

This place does have some pretty eery similarities with Seinfeld... Not sure of ferrisb is Jerry or Kramer though...
I'm preparing for the worst.........

frank_costanzo_nbc_ringer.jpg

The First and Last Hotel....
True story..back in the early 90's a few of us cricket lads chipped in and bought a boat. (In hindsight, it wasn't really a,smart purchase as we all played cricket every weekend in summer 🤣).

Anyway, we pick it up from a place in Craigieburn. On the way back home, we stop at the F&L for a couple of celebratory pots.
About 4 hours later, we head outside and the boat and trailer has been knicked.
So our sober mate heads around the corner to the police station to report it.

About 4 months later, we get a call saying it's been found, back with the geezer we bought it from.. and he'd used the money we paid to do about 5k worth of improvements to it!

Apparently, he overheard us saying we'd stop for a beer, and teed up a mate to steal it back! 🤣🤣..

We used the boat about 4 times and sold it 5 years later.. lol
Great story!
We have a family tradition that we all go to the first and last hotel after any funeral we've been too. Been quite a few over the years.

Knew we had Larry David on here. Shame we couldn't finish with Jerry cursing "Nick Newman!!"

I actually pictured every single scene of that in 'Seinfeld speak'... 🤣

Magnificent.
I would love to read more Seinfeld scenes from a hat, swuzzlebubble

Top shelf. Perhaps you could have a ping at your perception - in the context of a Seinfeld episode - of some key moments from our year? Maybe the unbelievable rise of the Blues and fall of our rivals...
True confession: Yesterday's episode brought to you courtesy chatGPT

I completely get it. When so many people crap on about the one show, or it is endlessly promoted through the media, or both, I'm less likely to have a look. Just because I'm annoyed by it. That Game of Thrones thing, exhibit A, never watched a minute. I saw the very first Simpsons shows when it was still in development stage and Homer sounded like Walter Matthau on the Tracey Ullman show. Got hooked by its audacity and cleverness. Seinfeld I didn't watch till way after its run was over 20 years ago. But Larry David is a ******* genius as Curb Your Enthusiasm shows. Friends is pathetic, lightweight garbage and 2 1/2 men is basically distilled mysoginy.

I completely get it. When so many people crap on about the one show, or it is endlessly promoted through the media, or both, I'm less likely to have a look. Just because I'm annoyed by it. That Game of Thrones thing, exhibit A, never watched a minute. I saw the very first Simpsons shows when it was still in development stage and Homer sounded like Walter Matthau on the Tracey Ullman show. Got hooked by its audacity and cleverness. Seinfeld I didn't watch till way after its run was over 20 years ago. But Larry David is a ******* genius as Curb Your Enthusiasm shows. Friends is pathetic, lightweight garbage and 2 1/2 men is basically distilled mysoginy.

Frasier is all my time favourite (US) sitcom.

A good natured comedy with a lot of heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all this fawkner talk .. I grew up there .. if you loved Seinfeld and have not seen curb your enthusiasm , watch it ..as thylacine said Larry David is a genius and I reckon once he left Seinfeld it went downhill..

Frasier is all my time favourite (US) sitcom.

A good natured comedy with a lot of heart.
About 2 wealthy, entitled, sexist, privileged elites. Incredibly well written though. It died the day that Donny character was introduced, then a little more when LaPaglia thought he could do a cockney accent.

What about those of us who saw a couple of episodes and chose not to see more?

There are some very strange value models in the world today…

Fair enough, my comment came across as rather more grumpy than I intended !

Guess I am a bit jaded by all the overfill of reality TV being made these days, will never understand the appeal of shows like The Block, Big Brother, I am a celebrity get me out of here etc

Fair enough, my comment came across as rather more grumpy than I intended !

Guess I am a bit jaded by all the overfill of reality TV being made these days, will never understand the appeal of shows like The Block, Big Brother, I am a celebrity get me out of here etc
Unfortunately, reality TV is much cheaper to produce and can fill in a lot of on-air time :poo:

About 2 wealthy, entitled, sexist, privileged elites. Incredibly well written though. It died the day that Donny character was introduced, then a little more when LaPaglia thought he could do a cockney accent.
Frasier is one show I never watched because my mum used to go on about how much she loved it. I didn't mind Cheers though.
Never watched GoT either. It's on Fox or Binge? Didn't have either when it was running.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back