Random Discussion Thread 141- Powered by <redacted>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I used my uni email to start this account. At one point I made HoneyBadger36 for some presumably stupid joke and got instantly banned. Problem was I’d used my personal email for that and, because it’s banned, I can’t go in and delete the account or change the info. Now my HB35 account is in a state of perpetual terror, with no access to the email I set it up with.

Let’s just have a mass Jonestown style purge and all delete our accounts #FoldForFivey
Wait. I threatened to delete my account, knowing I would just re-open a new one titled Dazzler11, or some other number. Am I risking a ban for that? Say it ain't so.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I used my uni email to start this account. At one point I made HoneyBadger36 for some presumably stupid joke and got instantly banned. Problem was I’d used my personal email for that and, because it’s banned, I can’t go in and delete the account or change the info. Now my HB35 account is in a state of perpetual terror, with no access to the email I set it up with and no changing to my proper personal email because HoneyBadger36 still technically owns it.

Let’s just have a mass Jonestown style purge and all delete our accounts #FoldForFivey
If Badge offers any of you some Kool-Aid, I suggest you decline and politely say you have to leave now.

Can you create another email account and link it to the HB35 name?

That’s what I did, but it now plays havoc with my tapatalk which was already set up under my proper personal email. It’s a whole thing.

Occasionally HB36 loads in tapatalk and I get a pop up saying I’ve been banned, which is always a fun little shock during stressful game day threads.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I voted today in early polling. Thought I'd get in early and beat the crowds.

An hour of queueing up later, and the joke's on me. Joint was packed.
I went in to vote early yesterday thinking anyone could just go and vote early (this is my first time voting ever, I feel old). Turns out you need a legitimate reason to vote early.

As I got to the desk the lady asked 'are you entitled to an early vote' and I just confidently went 'I sure am!'. She bought it.

I was only voting early because I wanted to skip the queue

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m kind of hanging around on Death Row at the moment waiting for Chief to pull the switch on the electric chair.

I should use this opportunity to make my last post something insightful and meaningful

HT gave you the all clear. In a round about way conceding he wasn't going to dig up any of your old posts which presumably never existed to begin with.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I went in to vote early yesterday thinking anyone could just go and vote early (this is my first time voting ever, I feel old). Turns out you need a legitimate reason to vote early.

As I got to the desk the lady asked 'are you entitled to an early vote' and I just confidently went 'I sure am!'. She bought it.

They technically have to ask you that. As long as you lie through your teeth, you'll be fine.

Expect a change to this early voting system next election.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

They never push you beyond that. I'm guessing a lot of people do it and it probably makes the job much easier on a weekend.

It's things like this which make the internet great, an interactive map of the polling places and what they have there (coffee, sausage sizzle, bacon and egg roll, cake stall etc)

https://democracysausage.org/

I’m not entirely certain why but “democracy sausage” is a term that shits me to tears. Used by the same type of w***er that has bespoke in their vocabulary

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I was overseas for the last federal election so I did a postal vote and wasn’t 18 for the election prior to that.

Is it really that bad in terms of wait times?
The lines are fairly long in the mornings. I've never voted after midday I don't think.

Last State election I did pre-polling a few weeks early and it was straight in and out. Today was an hour wait, with the line snaking around like airport check-in. I should've cut my losses and left, but took the "well I'm her now" approach. Job done I guess.

HT gave you the all clear. In a round about way conceding he wasn't going to dig up any of your old posts which presumably never existed to begin with.

I like that he went with the old “there were comments, I’m just not petty enough to go back and find them” approach, instead of acknowledging that there just weren’t comments.

Miguel Sanchez don’t leave. At the very least stay long enough to give us your episode by episode recap of Barry. Defeated at the hands of a broken clock is no way to go out.

Why was HB36 immediately banned?

Old BigFooty algorithm?

I assumed it was because it was very blatantly an alias account and I always thought you weren’t allowed those. Based on some of the postings around here it appears I was incorrect.

Vale HB36. Vale JKnotafanjusthim. Taken before your time.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Miguel Sanchez don’t leave. At the very least stay long enough to give us your episode by episode recap of Barry. Defeated at the hands of a broken clock is no way to go out.
Besides, the ball has not yet been bounced. I've known of some literally last-second Willie withdrawals to occur.

Besides, the ball has not yet been bounced. I've known of some literally last-second Willie withdrawals to occur.

I know of some that should have happened

I’m kind of hanging around on Death Row at the moment waiting for Chief to pull the switch on the electric chair.

I should use this opportunity to make my last post something insightful and meaningful

It's a tragedy. Taken before his time.

giphy.gif

Fivey will always be the mahout of my heart

EDIT -

Mig got a stay of execution it seems. I'm gonna have to come up with some new material. stat!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back