Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have managed to watch some of the preseason games and looking at some of the ex Giants and how they went
Treloar always performs and will be a great player for the Pies and I can see him starting to poll well in the Brownlow
WHE only saw him with a great pass inside 50 but with an injury free run he should show us what he is capable of
Adams again is consistent although a shocking shot at goal
Miles seems to have dropped off at the tigers after a couple of good years, Prestia and Caddy coming in would have pushed him down in the inside mid rotations so he will need to adapt to a new role
Hampton got good numbers although it is preseason and vs the Lions so will turn back into WTF with some pressure although good to see him injury free
I missed the Carlton game but Pickett with 3 goals made an impact and did Palmer have some midfield time or primarily as a forward?

I have managed to watch some of the preseason games and looking at some of the ex Giants and how they went
Treloar always performs and will be a great player for the Pies and I can see him starting to poll well in the Brownlow
WHE only saw him with a great pass inside 50 but with an injury free run he should show us what he is capable of
Adams again is consistent although a shocking shot at goal
Miles seems to have dropped off at the tigers after a couple of good years, Prestia and Caddy coming in would have pushed him down in the inside mid rotations so he will need to adapt to a new role
Hampton got good numbers although it is preseason and vs the Lions so will turn back into WTF with some pressure although good to see him injury free
I missed the Carlton game but Pickett with 3 goals made an impact and did Palmer have some midfield time or primarily as a forward?
WHE looked good in JLT 1 as did Pickett and Marchbank. I think Carlton fans are starting to realise what they got with Marchbank. Interesting to see if Weitering or him end up as their loose intercept marker. I think Plowman is more of a lockdown defender, but he does have good instincts re reading the play from what I've seen. I'm going to round one and I hope Curtly plays, I like watching him, he always interesting. Maybe hoping he doesn't play too well though.

WHE looked good in JLT 1 as did Pickett and Marchbank. I think Carlton fans are starting to realise what they got with Marchbank. Interesting to see if Weitering or him end up as their loose intercept marker. I think Plowman is more of a lockdown defender, but he does have good instincts re reading the play from what I've seen. I'm going to round one and I hope Curtly plays, I like watching him, he always interesting. Maybe hoping he doesn't play too well though.

Also forgot to add some guy kicked 6 goals way out west and also Bruce had a seven goal haul but its only preseason;)

Also forgot to add some guy kicked 6 goals way out west and also Bruce had a seven goal haul but its only preseason;)
Cam was always gonna be good for them if he's fit and focussed. Was some scuttlebut last year but I think that's just the WA teams banter.

Scully2Folau - Do we have a player sponsorship on this board for any GWS players. I reckon a nice Taranto badge under our names would look good :)

You'll have to fight captainMyCaptain for that privilege I'm afraid...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-giants-player-advocate-draft.1153905/

Or are you suggesting we all chip in actual money and actually sponsor the player like some of the corporates do?

What other boards do this, do you know? I think the Geelong board does, or at least used to. Any others?

You'll have to fight captainMyCaptain for that privilege I'm afraid...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-giants-player-advocate-draft.1153905/

Or are you suggesting we all chip in actual money and actually sponsor the player like some of the corporates do?

What other boards do this, do you know? I think the Geelong board does, or at least used to. Any others?
Yeah see if we can get enough posters to chip in. The Pies board does - Aish16 badge, Brisbane also do and I'm sure many others may also. The club gives you a couple of tickets to functions which we used to raffle off or use as prizes, I went to a player sponsors day last year Pies V Dogs.

Would really depend on how many posters we could get to contribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone been able to find player sponsorship options for the Giants? I remember looking a year or two ago for a personal sponsorship and came up blank unless it was corporate. I'm not sure if they actually run a program similar to some of the other clubs.

Yeah see if we can get enough posters to chip in. The Pies board does - Aish16 badge, Brisbane also do and I'm sure many others may also. The club gives you a couple of tickets to functions which we used to raffle off or use as prizes, I went to a player sponsors day last year Pies V Dogs.

Would really depend on how many posters we could get to contribute.
I'd be interested in principle, subject to cost and details. Be a while before we have the numbers of other clubs though.

Im off work today with a bloody cold. Thanks to the dirty @#$% that coughed in my face last week.

Good opportunity to do some supercoach research.....must bump that thread too

Come on guys and girls

Im off work today with a bloody cold. Thanks to the dirty @#$% that coughed in my face last week.

Good opportunity to do some supercoach research.....must bump that thread too

Come on guys and girls
I wish people would adopt and practice better hygene habits. Failure to wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet, coughing/sneezing on other people, the use of hankys etc. all contribute to the avoidable spread of many contractable viruses and bacterial infections.

There's a chance, depending on whom you work with and your specific working environment, that you contracted the virus prior to coming into contact with the individual in question.

The incubation period for one of the many thousands of strains of the common cold can be up to 72 hours from initial exposure to the biological agents, whilst the most contagious period for many sufferers can often be before symptoms are even evident.

It's for this fact that scrupulous hygene methods are very important. It's somewhat unavoidable to not come in to contact with people who are yet to even display symptoms, so it's incumbent upon everyone to ensure they're as least likely to spread infectious pathogens.

Hopefully you recover quickly and at this stage you've only contracted a virus. Rest up and sleep well and get better soon. :)

I wish people would adopt and practice better hygene habits. Failure to wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet, coughing/sneezing on other people, the use of hankys etc. all contribute to the avoidable spread of many contractable viruses and bacterial infections.

There's a chance, depending on whom you work with and your specific working environment, that you contracted the virus prior to coming into contact with the individual in question.

The incubation period for one of the many thousands of strains of the common cold can be up to 72 hours from initial exposure to the biological agents, whilst the most contagious period for many sufferers can often be before symptoms are even evident.

It's for this fact that scrupulous hygene methods are very important. It's somewhat unavoidable to not come in to contact with people who are yet to even display symptoms, so it's incumbent upon everyone to ensure they're as least likely to spread infectious pathogens.

Hopefully you recover quickly and at this stage you've only contracted a virus. Rest up and sleep well and get better soon. :)
Thanks GH
I work in Pathology so said boofhead should have known better.:(

Has anyone been able to find player sponsorship options for the Giants? I remember looking a year or two ago for a personal sponsorship and came up blank unless it was corporate. I'm not sure if they actually run a program similar to some of the other clubs.

I believe it's this;
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/club/corporate/player-partners

Probably something for us to start talking about mid year with a view to taking up one next year?
I'm not sure on cost, I do know St Kilda a few years back was only a few thousand so whilst it would require a number of people to buy in at $50 - $100 a "share" it doesn't feel like like shooting for the moon.

I believe it's this;
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/club/corporate/player-partners

Probably something for us to start talking about mid year with a view to taking up one next year?
I'm not sure on cost, I do know St Kilda a few years back was only a few thousand so whilst it would require a number of people to buy in at $50 - $100 a "share" it doesn't feel like like shooting for the moon.
Still in, in principal. Biggest issue I see is deciding the player. Would have to a two stage process pick the player and then the sponsorship?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back