Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

The best way to have Milo is to not dissolve the powder. Leave it on the surface for a slightly textured, crunchy cocoa taste, and the rest of the drink then becomes a smooth chocolate milk.

And yes I'm still mentally 10 years old.
Is there any other way to have it? It's not Milo without the crunch.

Been given 3 days off with a scarred throat which is causing voice loss. It's been suggested overuse in the classroom could be the cause. I decided not to tell anyone I blew my voice out at the Richmond game and it never fully recovered before we got back from holidays. Guess I will have to be on my best behaviour vs Melbourne.

Been given 3 days off with a scarred throat which is causing voice loss. It's been suggested overuse in the classroom could be the cause. I decided not to tell anyone I blew my voice out at the Richmond game and it never fully recovered before we got back from holidays. Guess I will have to be on my best behaviour vs Melbourne.
I'm glad you weren't at the ground on Saturday night - you're voice would be gone for a month!!

Stuart McGill kidnapped. What the ever loving frack!!!?

Odd story. McDill has always struck me as a difficult person. I'm guessing the kidnappers were bored into letting him go.

It is great that many local clubs are absolutely phenomenal that way. They bring families in and really look out for them. It's amazing what it can do to a kids confidence to be included. Had a friends daughter change clubs a couple of years ago because she was ignored on the team and copped it back at school as well because the bullying was accepted at the footy club. Moved clubs and she has thrived since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's teeny tiny drone/helicopter flying around Mars at the moment. Kind of boggles the mind.
The thing that gets me is the delay between giving the command and the copter responding is about 9 minutes i think. There is so much that could go wrong between giving the command and the vehicle responding. All it would take is for it to settle with a leg on a rock and it's rendered completely useless.

The thing that gets me is the delay between giving the command and the copter responding is about 9 minutes i think. There is so much that could go wrong between giving the command and the vehicle responding. All it would take is for it to settle with a leg on a rock and it's rendered completely useless.
I was so excited at Ingenuity's first flight.
The first flight was really the success of the mission.

There are minimum commands which are sent from earth beforehand.

What is really exciting about Ingenuity is the next flight.
Ingenuity will be flying away from the "Wright Field" were the earlier flights were.
There will be no images from Perserverence's viewpoint, hopefully colour images from Ingenuity.
Ingenuity will be flying in the direction where Perseverance will be going, so scouting ahead.

PS. The 5th flight was a success - it was a one-way flight.

Sorry for rambling, when I grow up I want to be a rocket engineer or play AFLW :)

Last edited:
I'd just like to say it's nice to see some bar activity

Ingenuity will be flying away from the "Wright Field" were the earlier flights were.
There will be no images from Perserverence's viewpoint, hopefully colour images from Ingenuity.
Ingenuity will be flying in the direction where Perseverance will be going, so scouting ahead.

Sorry for rambling, when I grow up I want to be a rocket engineer or play AFLW :)

Drones really are the future of planet exploration. They can cover soo much ground without having to worry about terrain. I'm glad it has been successful so far, still in disbelief we have rovers/satellites/drones on other planets.

Spec Mod , congrats . Where is the public holiday
In India. Instead of telling them to go out and have fun I find myself saying stay home and bond with the family:(

Already had one sad tale this week of one of our contractors returned home to look after his father but now 2 weeks later has passed away.

Linux is now the most popular operating system on two planets :)

This pleases me greatly.

In India. Instead of telling them to go out and have fun I find myself saying stay home and bond with the family:(

Already had one sad tale this week of one of our contractors returned home to look after his father but now 2 weeks later has passed away.

Unfortunately it's the norm. No matter if you're rich or poor, you'll find yourself on twitter/insta/whatsapp/facebook begging for medical supplies. I've seen lawyers, high profile cricketers, doctors desperate for oxygen tanks, meds etc. Monumental fail by the govt. Usually it's just the poor which are severely impacted by lack of infrastructure but now everyone is experiencing it.

I'm soo glad we live here and don't really experience things like that.

I hope all your India contacts can get through this difficult period with minimal loss of life.

If you hear of a teacher getting arrested for losing their s**t at their boss, don't expect to see me posting on here for a bit.

If you had staff completely exhausted and feeling snowed under, would you start off an hour long meeting with "I can see you are all tired, so let's look at what we are doing as staff because if we are off it's no wonder the kids are off, because they pick up on it?" You know what, * off. The kids are feral because they are being allowed to do as they please because of your "child is always right policy". You are ignoring bullying issues and instead trying to diagnose every child with a disability so you can get more money in.

Some people are absolute campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back