Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh I guess because I don't rate a player on an Internet forum means that my last 10 years of membership count as me not supporting the club.
As a wise man once said, enjoy the ignore list you peanut.

Think I said that right Joffaboy ?
Hahaha good riddance

I don't get this at all. The better Hickey plays the less chance Longer does. Are you really going to drop a mid so Hickey plays in there? Not a hope. Unless we get injuries we just aren't going to play 2 ruckmen. Yep my opinion but ive seen nothing to suggest it is possible in todays footy unless both or at least one is an effective forward.

I know you don't get it.
We all know you don't get it.
You think we should trade Longer this summer.

Acknowledged.
No need to repeat yourself.

I know you don't get it.
We all know you don't get it.
You think we should trade Longer this summer.

Acknowledged.
No need to repeat yourself.

If you are going to repeat how he could play I'm going to repeat how he cant and until they play successfully together I cant see it working and if it cant work I would trade Longer and keep Pierce as back up. And I don't get how you think it could work in the way you said. I guessing Richo doesn't either. All I know is if Longer does stay I hope he can become a very good firsts player but I cant see how unless we have injury. The one thing I don't want is Hickey to play less time in the ruck.

He saw the same game I did live. Acres is a lucky lad indeed if he gets another game in the seniors next week.

He is treacle-slow of both thought and deed and has very average disposal by foot & hand. His one saving grace yesterday was the blatant throw to Mav that resulted in a goal in Q4.

All of you making him sound like the next Brownlow medalist have a severe case of rose coloured glasses.

Pfff take off your poo coloured glasses.

The pass to Mav was 100% a hand pass & you're being disingenuous if you claim otherwise.

I suppose after a win there's always something that the misery guts crew will find to be negative about.

If you are going to repeat how he could play I'm going to repeat how he cant and until they play successfully together I cant see it working and if it cant work I would trade Longer and keep Pierce as back up. And I don't get how you think it could work in the way you said. I guessing Richo doesn't either. All I know is if Longer does stay I hope he can become a very good firsts player but I cant see how unless we have injury. The one thing I don't want is Hickey to play less time in the ruck.

There was nothing repetitive in my post and i didn't mention resting forward at all.

I no longer care what you can't see, as your lack of vision doesn't affect me.

Pfff take off your poo coloured glasses.

The pass to Mav was 100% a hand pass & you're being disingenuous if you claim otherwise.

I suppose after a win there's always something that the misery guts crew will find to be negative about.

My glasses are crystal clear. Disingenuous my arse: at the absolute best he may have brushed the pill with a knuckle, not that I'm complaining about that; he got away with it and we scored a great goal, so that's just fine and dandy.

My issue with Acres is he is not clean with the pill, and slow to react. In today's game that won't provide job security. Yes, he's only 20, and yes, he may well improve and prove me wrong; I really hope he does, just as Seb Ross has done. But he's getting games based on potential, not results, that other players are not getting. (Eli for example, ripping it up at VLF level but no AFL game time).

And I'm quite delighted about the win; no misery here.

He is treacle-slow of both thought and deed and has very average disposal by foot & hand. His one saving grace yesterday was the blatant throw to Mav that resulted in a goal in Q4.
He's not particularly fleet of foot, no, but he does manage to slip tacklers, so he's clearly elusive and clearly not slow of thought.

As for the 'throw', rubbish. The presence of mind to use his body in the fashion he did, and also work out he couldn't win the ball in his own right, and then get it to Mav showed both game nous and genuine speed of thought.

He's not a superstar yet, and may not be for a while if ever, but he's clearly not the GOP you're making out.
And I'm quite delighted about the win; no misery here.
Really, cos it kinda seems like there is...

Really, cos it kinda seems like there is...

Just because I don't agree with you about one player? Really?

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong. He can start doing that anytime he likes, but until he does, my view is that he is a liability at present, and I would rather someone else gets a game on merit. Given I'm not on the selection panel, my views won't actually matter and he plays or not at the whim of the selectors. And when he does play I hope, as I do with all Saints players, he plays really well and we win.

So, no, not miserable at all; I just have views on our players like we all do on here. There's plenty of others I don't think are much good either ... :)

Just because I don't agree with you about one player? Really?

As I said, I hope he proves me wrong. He can start doing that anytime he likes, but until he does, my view is that he is a liability at present, and I would rather someone else gets a game on merit. Given I'm not on the selection panel, my views won't actually matter and he plays or not at the whim of the selectors. And when he does play I hope, as I do with all Saints players, he plays really well and we win.

So, no, not miserable at all; I just have views on our players like we all do on here. There's plenty of others I don't think are much good either ... :)
Misery
BRITISH
informal: a person who is constantly miserable or discontented.

"have we really been such a bunch of miseries to work with?"

No, not because you have a different opinion, but because you came on here in the aftermath of a very encouraging win simply to nitpick on a pivotal moment in the game, which IMO you are completely wrong about - and slate a young player's deficiencies... But hey, whatever makes you happy I guess.

At least you present a reasoned argument in your utter wrongness...;)

... but because you came on here in the aftermath of a very encouraging win simply to nitpick on a pivotal moment in the game, which IMO you are completely wrong about - and slate a young player's deficiencies... But hey, whatever makes you happy I guess.;)

Well, no. I came on here, as I do quite frequently, to enjoy viewing discourse of the game, and if motivated, to add my $0.02 worth like everyone else on here. I did that; my views are equally as valid (or invalid for that matter) as yours, and I'll express them if I choose.

Your approval is neither warranted nor required.

Well, no. I came on here, as I do quite frequently, to enjoy viewing discourse of the game, and if motivated, to add my $0.02 worth like everyone else on here. I did that; my views are equally as valid (or invalid for that matter) as yours, and I'll express them if I choose.

Your approval is neither warranted nor required.
You know you want it.

I know I do. I live for your approval.
Yours, citywest, gosaintas, and mowman.
You like to be degraded, don't you...

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pffft, he doesn't even get it up unless there's an opposition poster or newbie to berate just for the sake of it.
Oh no you have exposed my most intimate of secrets.
I also get a bit of movememt when curmudgeonly contrarians like you and joopey mcjoopface get your snark on.:eek:

Stop with the career high stats s**t.
He is obviously going to get more stats playing up the ground and waxing with Joey. Doesn't mean he is contributing to the side.
Is that you Gillo ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back