Rate the TV commentators and pundits

Remove this Banner Ad

Obvious to you maybe, but again one man's opinion on one player at one particular time.
To sit here years down the track having not gotten over it is a bit ridiculous.

It was a genuinely s**t take from someone who had NFI acting like he knew what he was talking about in a segment that was only 2-3 years ago. It's also about a bigger issue when it comes to pundits like him talking about certain players which has been highlighted numerous times for years now which is why I said his opinion about Keita is a prime example of it:

Yes because that was totally the standard they should be held to after the last 5-10 years. Getting into the Champions League this season would vindicate the decision to stick with Pioli, let alone a title challenge or god forbid win the scudetto.

I'm holding them to the standards they've set for the past 5-10 years which is why I think they'll run out of steam (especially with Zlatan out until February) and finish 4th or 5th before sacking Pioli either next season or the season after instead of giving the club to Rangnick who has a proven track record with building clubs up to be challenging for European spots or the league in quick order.

I'm holding them to the standards they've set for the past 5-10 years which is why I think they'll run out of steam (especially with Zlatan out until February) and finish 4th or 5th before sacking Pioli either next season or the season after instead of giving the club to Rangnick who has a proven track record with building clubs up to be challenging for European spots or the league in quick order.
Weird hill to die on.

All I said was after the results produced once appointed they were not wrong to stick with Pioli, so far that appears sound decision making.
All for a bloke who has done alright in the German Farmer's League.

Drury is woeful. He's the British Dwayne Russell. Catchphrases and rehearsed lines all day long masked with a posh accent so people think he's enlightened.

Ekoku is also pure garbage. Yer da it its finest. Has some of the worst takes during matches and will never, ever change his opinion after an initial hot-take after an incident. Doesn't matter if replays show something completely different to the original angle.

Beglin is decent on anything other than Liverpool. But he does try to hide his bias and look at things fairly.

Neutral on Michael Owen.

Steve McManaman is quite insightful at times. Don't mind him and Hoddle together.

I actually rate Andy Townsend. Good analysis during games and doesn't drone on.

Martin Tyler should be in a retirement home.

Neville and Carra are good on MNF. Like the banter. Neville is s**t at special comments on games though, especially with Man United.

Ian Darke is quite good. Jim Proudfoot has an annoying voice.

Tony Gale is probably the worst of all though. Complete xenophobe. Hates anything to do with foreigners and constantly talking up shite English 'lads.' Doesn't help that he's the biggest Chelsea hater going around. * that campaigner.

I honestly get mixed up and never know who is who with commentators. The pundits I obviously know as they are famous ex footballers but the commentators, well I dont know what they look like and often the voices all just kinda sound the same. My brain just doesnt seem to retain it... haha.

Pundits wise, Carra and Neville are good value. Roy Keane is amazing, totally and completely bias towards United but also pulls 0 punches. It's like a car crash, you just have to look.

Michael Owen started off as Mr.Obvious but has grown as a pundit and is now one of the best IMO.

I can take or leave Souness, Shearer, Richards, Sherwood.

Ian Wright is really good.

Hasselbaink is shocking. No idea what he actually adds to a broadcast. He seems to watch a lot of Leeds and often has no idea what he is talking about.

Was listening to a podcast and they were saying pundits of days gone by would often call the journos that write about the clubs that they are about to commentate on and make sure they are all up to date with what’s happening at the club, playing styles, etc.

Listening to some of the commentary these days you wonder if stuff like this is still happening.

For anybody that streams Talksport, Troy Deeney is a breath of fresh air.

He spins nothing and calls it straight up plus some of his work with Ally McCoist is very amusing.
Simon Jordan is quality too, hearing a chairmen's perspective without it being propaganda or fans being treated as customers is nice to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simon Jordan is quality too, hearing a chairmen's perspective without it being propaganda or fans being treated as customers is nice to hear.
Simon Jordan is a utensil. Tells people how to run a club after running his club into bankruptcy.

Simon Jordan is a utensil. Tells people how to run a club after running his club into bankruptcy.
He's a bit of a used car salesman tbh. I thought he had still owned Palace the way the media talk about him as Palace chairman, no mention that he was forced out 10 years ago

Was watching the Wolves v Leeds game and Karen Carney was co-commenter. My first reaction was - who is she, and how did she get the job when all the co-commenters have played EPL? But she was alright. She knew the two sets of players, had good comments on tactics, and had a good balance of talking and letting you just watch the game.

Was watching the Wolves v Leeds game and Karen Carney was co-commenter. My first reaction was - who is she, and how did she get the job when all the co-commenters have played EPL? But she was alright. She knew the two sets of players, had good comments on tactics, and had a good balance of talking and letting you just watch the game.

Yeah but no penis was a bit of a distraction. Would much rather listen to Rob Green. He's horrendously painful, but has a dick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back