Rayman - can he hold down CHB?

Remove this Banner Ad

I like him but he is a man without a position to play in. Too short for ruck, tried at all the key positions but found wanting for a variety of reasons.

I've said before that i'd like to try him at FB, but others have said that would not be a good idea.

I want Bowden at CHB playing a Cornes/Wellman type role.

He was close to coming to Geelong at the end of 2003. He tries and works hard, so nothing more can be expected of him.

Will never be a champion, but will always give 100%

chapmanmagic35 said:
He was close to coming to Geelong at the end of 2003. He tries and works hard, so nothing more can be expected of him.

Will never be a champion, but will always give 100%

Neally went to Sydney also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh said:
Ray Hall - Wondering what other supporters think of him?

He will do okay on those that do not have a large frame. He struggles when he has to line up on Barry Hall, Rocca, Brown, etc.

When you are conceeding 13kg it can often be a significant advantage in marking contests.

Tas said:
He will do okay on those that do not have a large frame. He struggles when he has to line up on Barry Hall, Rocca, Brown, etc.

When you are conceeding 13kg it can often be a significant advantage in marking contests.

Not quite. Mark Graham/J. Bowden towelled J. Brown early in 2005.

Back to topic...Hall won't need to hold down CHB, Schulz will and Hall can be a utility who will play on the likes of Kouta/Goodes :thumbsu: Apparently Hall has impressed most this pre-season up to date

I think something happened to Ray mid-late in the season. I think he was driving teh car in the Dandenongs one evening listening to the radio, when the radio started going all squelchy and then died, as did the car lights.

Ray looked out the window, saw a massive collage of colors circling him above, and said to himself, "Bloody Wogs!"

The space alien/wogs beamed down and told Ray how he was actually an Alien Space Wog, fertalised and incubated on the big ship that was still hovering above them.

The Alien Space Wog also told him that he was designed to mature in the year 2006 and become some kind of sporting genius, the choosing of the sport was left up to Ray in his junior years. "I choosen Footy", Ray told him.

"Then it shall pass that in the season 2006 and through up until Ray decides he's had a gutful of Footy, he shall excell and dominate his chosen sporting interests."

Ray drove home from the alien space wog encouter feeling pretty stoked, but then a thought overcame him and he wished he could've asked the Alien Space Wog, "Hey... Schulzy's not one of us too is he? Oh and top work on Deledio:thumbsu:"

The Dice Man said:
I think something happened to Ray mid-late in the season. I think he was driving teh car in the Dandenongs one evening listening to the radio, when the radio started going all squelchy and then died, as did the car lights.

Ray looked out the window, saw a massive collage of colors circling him above, and said to himself, "Bloody Wogs!"

The space alien/wogs beamed down and told Ray how he was actually an Alien Space Wog, fertalised and incubated on the big ship that was still hovering above them.

The Alien Space Wog also told him that he was designed to mature in the year 2006 and become some kind of sporting genius, the choosing of the sport was left up to Ray in his junior years. "I choosen Footy", Ray told him.

"Then it shall pass that in the season 2006 and through up until Ray decides he's had a gutful of Footy, he shall excell and dominate his chosen sporting interests."

Ray drove home from the alien space wog encouter feeling pretty stoked, but then a thought overcame him and he wished he could've asked the Alien Space Wog, "Hey... Schulzy's not one of us too is he? Oh and top work on Deledio:thumbsu:"
Yeah when Troy Schwarze kicked that goal in 2004 I started to think he might be a space wog, but now I'm not so sure...

In this modern day world were for some reason a CHB is rated on how many cheap possessions he can gather of the half back line and not on how many his opponent got, it is no wonder a player like Hall who's first priority is to shut his opponent down. Does not get the proper props he deserves.

Although not a star he is still a servicable player, and most times can and has done a shut down role for the Tigers. Best position by far is a ultilty run with role. Watch the game against the swans last year at the 'G', you may not see Hall much but you will see Goodes even less.

Also the Hawks game where he played the last half on the wing, he can be as attacking as the next bloke if he is allowed to roam.

Powerstufff said:
So who is this Neally we're now talking about? :confused:
That's the third absolutely pathetic joke you've said on this thread, why don't you actually try and talk some footy instead of your incredibly poor attempts at humour.

Agree with some on this board, Ray Hall will never be a star but he does always give 100%, the game against Hawthorn towards the end of the season (where Deledio carved also) was his best game I've seen him play, he played with confidence and got plenty of the footy and played a key part in that come from behind victory. Definitely not a gun, but could be a handy player this year.

Also earlier in the year, he gave Pavlich a bath when they played Fremantle. In easily Pavlich's best, most consistent, Brownlow Favourite season, Hall restricted him to I think only 6 touches for the day, another key reason why the Tigers won that day.

Johnson#26 said:
Probably a bit too small but a good idea nonetheless. Prehaps as a loose man across the back half. With his footskills it may not be a bad idea..

Ray is listed as 196 cm and 97kg. I'm not sure you can classify him as small.

He will probably hold down CHB until Shultz replaces him. Apart from those two there is no-one else on the horizon, unless we go back to Bowden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back