Autopsy Rd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that stood out last week and again today was the move of Everitt to the forward-line in a permanent role. He is a good lead, good mark and good kick at goal, he looks like a natural in this position.

Kudos to Barker for that one.

Also, how good was it when Kreuzer marked and goaled and all of the players got around him, that is team spirit, something that has been missing for some time. It also happened again when King Tutt laid that strong tackle on Sloane, inspirational acts that were acknowledged by the rest of the team.

Bloody good stuff methinks !!
Kreuzer taking that mark and kicking his first marked the return of the heart of the club. Having all the boys jumping all over him to congratulate him was a sight to see and shows how much he really means to the club.

I know that it is going to cost us Schache or Francis, but I hope that he doesnt leave! He means too much to the club!

Geez I feel sick

So do I. Was a game I was worried about all week as I didn't have Carlton anywhere near the bottom of the ladder and the "new coach factor" had the potential to reinvigorate your list which has clearly suffered from all the bullshit focus on Malthouse.

Kudos to the Blues for the manic attack on the ball. Murphy was enormous and may well get the 3 Brownlow votes, hope Kruezer can stay fit and really really shit way for Juddy to end his career.

Good luck for the rest of the year.

I understand that. But in general, White looks underdone and does not provide much. It is best for him to have a spell and return when he is up to it.

I understand that. But in general, White looks underdone and does not provide much. It is best for him to have a spell and return when he is up to it.
So who are we going to have in defence with Rowe?

Normally wouldn't post in here because it's Carlton and as a RFC supporter I naturally hate you all and have loved seeing your demise..... but

I found myself genuinely barracking for you guys today and even gave a big fist pump and a come on boys when Levi bombed that one from 55....

Great to see the effort from you guys today. You actually deserved to win and had you got to 10-11 points up, I think you would have broken them. Also and I used to umpire at a decent level a few years ago.... you guys got the rough end of a pretty big stick today. Just some poor poor decisions at times that robbed you of momentum and scoreboard pressure.

The fact you did it all without Juddy (shocking thing to have happen to a champion), Gibbs and Thomas makes it all the better (I'm sure i've missed guys too like Yarran, Jamo etc). Cripps is a jet!

Anyway, sorry to intrude but felt I should share some very rare positivity from this RFC supporter.

I would put Hendo in the backline and put White forward, just another option.
It is an option... I wouldnt mind seeing Hendo return to the backline if he is staying. It would be good to see him forming a long term partnership with Weitering and Jaksch :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not long home from the game. I was sitting near to where Juddy got injured, sad way to go out. Great effort from the boys today. However this kicking backwards and to the side is plain horrible. Twice Graham kicked all the way back instead of going long into the forward 50 (where we have at least 3 marking talls), pretty dumb football. I really enjoyed seeing Kroooz back. All in all, not too disappointed.

Heart is what we ask for and that is what we got today. Needs polish, but that won't happen overnight. Will be interested to read Monday's Herald sun were Jeff Garlett has quoted Malthouse and the division within the club that had happened for whatever reasons. What's done is done, I still don't want Barker as coach for next year, but am still pleased with the effort of today and hopefully the rest of the year. As for Juddy, thanks for the memories you gave the AFL as an Eagle and as a Blue, best wishes if we did see the end.

Wanted you guys to get up, a bit more polish and you'd have one by 3-4 goals I think. Umpiring was harsh on your boys in the last stanza.

Great to see Kreuzer back, he's still a player. Hope Judd's injury isnt career ending.

Bell for you guys is a bit of a liability

Heart is what we ask for and that is what we got today. Needs polish, but that won't happen overnight. Will be interested to read Monday's Herald sun were Jeff Garlett has quoted Malthouse and the division within the club that had happened for whatever reasons. What's done is done, I still don't want Barker as coach for next year, but am still pleased with the effort of today and hopefully the rest of the year. As for Juddy, thanks for the memories you gave the AFL as an Eagle and as a Blue, best wishes if we did see the end.

Mostly agree re: Barker. If Carlton interview Dew, Tudor, etc etc and Barker, and he beats them out, then great for him. As long as he deserves it.

There were a lot that compared Murphy as captain to the appointment of Tex as captain. Nothing wrong with our skipper today!

That tackle on Tex in the 1st quarter was just brilliant.

Absolutely epic game from Murph. That better put the 'trade him' shit to bed.

Great to have Kreuze back as well!

Ball movement is so much better than it was under Malthouse. We're actually linking up through handball from the contest until we get it out in the open like an AFL team. Individually we've all seen plenty of good performances from Murphy, Gibbs, Curnow, Cripps, Thomas, Carrazzo etc, now they have a licence to put it together as a team at last.

There were a lot that compared Murphy as captain to the appointment of Tex as captain. Nothing wrong with our skipper today!

That tackle on Tex in the 1st quarter was just brilliant.

Absolutely epic game from Murph. That better put the 'trade him' shit to bed.

Great to have Kreuze back as well!

Not just the tackle, but the fact that he got up and got the ball 100m away only about 20 seconds later. That's his best football right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back