Autopsy Rd 10 v Saints. Not good enough when it counted.

Which players do you think had a good game in Round 10 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

if it weren't for posters like Arr0w and Soapy V and one or two others, you lot - about 30 or 40 of you tonight - would have this place to yourselves to check each other over for lice and agree to agree to agree and bitch and moan and run the club and all its employees and players into the ground - you've basically already done it - exactly what's left to criticize? who's left to sack? what player isn't a dud? the lot of you are a sad, miserable cohort of wannabes looking for something your struggling club currently can't deliver - I have no idea why you bother I really don't - it ain't going to get any easier any time soon so instead of continually bleating about how terribly bad you feel because carlton aren't winning, just give it away - it's obviously too hard continuing to support this particular SPORTING CLUB - so, um, give it away - have a rest - find a hobby - I'll be there next week cheering on my beautiful navy blue team - whatever performance they put in - until my dying day...........
Mate, not only is that hypocritical and straight out rude, it's just perpetuating the divisiveness of this forum.

It's the same old story, strawman by addressing the extreme of the other side instead of actually having a discussion.

Everyone here obviously supports the club or they wouldn't seek out a niche forum and take time out of their day to be involved.

The negative people may post with blind emotion and the positive people may be happy compartmentalizing their experience but that doesn't mean that BOTH can't have some reasonable points amongst it all.

if it weren't for posters like Arr0w and Soapy V and one or two others, you lot - about 30 or 40 of you tonight - would have this place to yourselves to check each other over for lice and agree to agree to agree and bitch and moan and run the club and all its employees and players into the ground - you've basically already done it - exactly what's left to criticize? who's left to sack? what player isn't a dud? the lot of you are a sad, miserable cohort of wannabes looking for something your struggling club currently can't deliver - I have no idea why you bother I really don't - it ain't going to get any easier any time soon so instead of continually bleating about how terribly bad you feel because carlton aren't winning, just give it away - it's obviously too hard continuing to support this particular SPORTING CLUB - so, um, give it away - have a rest - find a hobby - I'll be there next week cheering on my beautiful navy blue team - whatever performance they put in - until my dying day...........

1558879555982.jpeg

Tbh Thy, I think that there’s a diversity of opinion on here tonight, spanning a spectrum from “true believers” / rebuild loyalists at one end, right through to confirmed “Bolton heretics” / club revolutionaries at the other. Personally, I feel that I fall somewhere between those two extremes, but definitely closer to the former as things stand. However, I must confess to sliding alarmingly towards the latter over the past month, on the back of 3 wretched-to-poor performances in our last 4 games. I am also struggling to muster the optimism of some posters, who feel that we will improve significantly in the second half of the season - I fear that if anything we might fall away, as young bodies and minds (continue to) tire.

Imo, what we’re all grappling with atm is where exactly the line falls between justifiable reasons and unacceptable excuses for where we find ourselves as the midpoint of the season approaches (rock bottom of the ladder, with a percentage in free fall), and I think that what Bolts and the boys have served up more often than not over the past month is inevitably going to produce doubts amongst our supporters. It’s also inevitably going to have many of our supporters asking themselves “is this what our list is capable of per se, or merely what it’s capable of under Bolts and our current assistant coaches?”. Imo, that’s a fair question to ask, although I think it would be wise for the club not to rush to answer it, either in theory or in practice (by moving on the coach prematurely). I know that many feel that Bolts is coaching for his future from now until the bye. I disagree, but I do believe that he’s coaching for his future from now until the end of the season.

My hope is that in the lead up to the bye, and preferably starting with a highly vulnerable * next week, Bolts and the team can give themselves and the supporters some much needed nourishment for the shared journey which I still desperately hope lies ahead of us all. If that’s not to be, and if Bolts is going to survive into 2020, then imo the bye will need to serve as a platform for a significant turnaround in the remainder of the season.

We are just not good enough. The umpiring was obviously corrupt today and obvisouly had an input in the result. But we just aren't good enough at key times.

Cuningham has been huge since coming in, he has something a lot of our players don't.. one touch on the ball, speed and core strength. A lot of our players don't have that combination. He is a huge asset.

No one really played great today. No one really played terrible either. We just were mediocre when we needed to be our best.

Absolute rubbish to the first part, we didnt lose because of the umpires. The second part is 100% correct. We simply arent good enough. Period.

Far too many conditional footballers who refuse to go in for the hard ball when it's needed to be won.

Far too many skill prone players.

Far too many of the same mistakes being made.

The umpiring was deplorable but if we had players who ran at the ball and were willing to get the hit then we'd have won today.

This!

I think what's most disheartening for me about these last 2 seasons especially is the way the players seem to congratulate themselves on the positives after the countless honorable losses... like Ed talking about how they lifted the effort and intensity this week... who cares? clearly it wasn't lifted enough. St.Kilda's effort (who where supposed to be the worst team in the league) was better than ours... simple as that.

for me it all goes back to Murphy (captain at the time) saying we had 'gotten ahead of ourselves' after losing to Richmond at the start of last season... 'ahead of ourselves???'... after losing?? that was the most disheartening thing I've ever heard come out of a captains mouth, it shows the mindset and expectation more clearly than anything else.

It just makes me wonder how content we actually are with coming close but losing, in the older players especially, it's become the best we can hope for and it seems like mentally they basically treat an honorable loss like it's a win.

we do not have a winners mentality, and unfortunately I'm starting to believe that unless we have someone at senior coach level who does have that mentality it will never change.
Never agreed with Bolts' 'not too high not too low' bs. Players should hate the feeling of a loss and strive for the high of a win.

You start treating games like transactions than its little wonder players don't appear as desperate as their counterparts.

I am starting to feel the same way.

We have the better list / better kids but just got mauled on game day when it mattered. I am not even worried about the positives and i am lost concerning the direction we are heading currently.

If we sack Bolts tomorrow i would not be shocked and who at this moment in time is to say it would be the wrong decision based on current results and we were lucky not to lose that game by 8+ goals.

I am just struggling to find anything to hang on to positive wise sadly. Patty Cripps i am so sorry you have to put up with this crap on a weekly basis and do we even employ skills coaches?

Massively up for debate.

I just can't get over our match awareness.

When we need to ice the clock with 30 seconds to go in the 2nd qtr Plowman tries a ridiculous kick into the middle which turns over and costs us.

When we need to score 2 goals (would only be 1 if not for the stupid kick above) in the last few minutes to win. We are chipping the ball across the half back. With no real switch option on.

I know every team trains these match sim moments. Is the message not clear. Is it too complicated? Or are the players just not smart enough in the heat of battle?

So frustrating to watch.

I just can't get over our match awareness.

When we need to ice the clock with 30 seconds to go in the 2nd qtr Plowman tries a ridiculous kick into the middle which turns over and costs us.
While that was a poor option and execution from Plowman, not one player looked to be leading for him. Too often our guys simply don't work for each other, and it puts pressure on the ball carrier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could say a million things but im just gonna say one. Drop Dow. Someone tell me what hes offering otherwise, prove me wrong and I will yield back to my lazyboy. Hes undersized, doesnt lay tackles and is the Casboult of our team for field kicking. Please dont get soppy and defensive. Hes a good boy but christ hes killing us and needs time in the VFL for so many reasons. Bring in a bigger body and lets starting winning it around the contest. This kid needs to go and get 25-30 touches and own a game in the VFL before he comes back in with some confidence. Right now hes a boy being reminded hes a boy. This isnt Stephenson stepping into a Collingwood side.

No way.
SOS has done his job, used whatever currency we had to get as much draftees into the club and even manufactured currency.

The problem isn’t SOS, the problem is clearly the coach.

Every other team can get their mediocre players to play like an actual team, Bolton has a list full of talented kids and they have no idea what to do the field .

His game plan is shizen, puts undue pressure on our players and makes it sooo easy for the opposition to counter, just position and set up an extra player to near the boundary line and they will always outnumber us when we kick long down the line.
The actual players have no idea how to systematically move the ball up the ground, they have no idea where to run and spread and they have no idea how to structure up at stoppages or zone defence.

This in turn puts the players under undue pressure which makes their skills suffer.. and then add to that a losing culture at the club and especially with this coach and as soon as the players feel like it’s going against them they drop their heads and drop their effort cause they know what’s gonna happen is inevitable

The question comes on whether he selected the right draftees and that's very much open for debate.

I just listened to Bolts' post game press conference and he mentioned that he doesn't want players to take the safe kicks.
He mentioned that at training they train taking the hard kicks and layer pressure on to simulate a game day setting.
And yet, I never see them take the hard option, too often players are looking for a safe kick holding the ball until there told to play on and then just kicking down the line.

It's honestly pathetic that Bolt's can mention that that's the style being trained, and yet I'm still waiting to see it at all this season?!
Teams know that the moment pressure is applied our boys are going to kick it down the line to a contest, often not even in our favour.
It's terrible football to watch and I don't understand how after 10 games this season it's still happening!

Something is connecting between the coaches and the players, I'm unsure if it's due to an inexperienced list or a fault of the coaches, but it's damning and going to be source of Bolt's losing his job by 2020 if it's not resolved soon.

If this club hopes to attract players like Coniglio in the off-season or retain our young list I really hope it doesn't happen. No-one wants to be at an unstable club, and no coach wants to come to a club that consistently throws coaches under the bus.

Absolute rubbish to the first part, we didnt lose because of the umpires. The second part is 100% correct. We simply arent good enough. Period.
So... having Leigh Fisher handing out 15 free kicks to 3 which lead to 7 scoring shots for the Aints didn't contribute to our loss? In a very messy, close game like yesterday, getting gifted 4 goals 3 from free kicks made a hell of a difference. Also, I don't know how many free kicks that should have been paid to us he ignored, but it was a sheer travesty in regards to unbiased umpring.

Yes, we were not good enough, but they weren't a million times better than we were.

Too many shitheads sucking the jam out of my doughnut on here ATM... same old same olds who came out of the wood when Pagan was sacked, and then when Rattan was sacked calling for blood.

I'm out of here before I starting calling people ******* idiots and morons and get banned for another week!

To everyone doubting what today was... today was a payback game from the AFL. Daisy and the Cheersquad have embarrassed the AFL and their crooked umpires by telling the truth and today was to put us back in our place. That useless prick Gill the Dill and his hemorrhoid SHocking had their egos bruised when the truth came out that the AFL umpires are biased towards certain teams. If GAblett doesn't get a week for his punch, then we all know the game is corrupt and we need a cleanout of AFL house!

Just stop picking him already. Does nothing for us to continue picking him any longer. Stocker should have his small defender role until the season finishes.
Lol, you think Stocker is a better option than him now? Let Simpson play out the year, he always has a knack of making people like you eat their words.

Back