31 Ben Brown NMFC
Jesse Hogan MELB
30 Ben Cunnington NMFC
Tom Phillips COLL
30 Callum Sinclair SYD
29 Dyson Heppell ESS
28 Clayton Oliver MELB
28 Tom Stewart GEEL

3. Higgins. Monumental yet again. Must be leading the Syd again.
2. JZ. best game of the year for us imo. Settling into his role.
1. Goldy. Dominated Martin. Really pleasing that he backed up great form from last week yet again.

HM
LMac. Really good game. Relished the opportunity to play more midfield minutes.

Simpkin. Shaping into a damaging player. Ups his goals per week and the media will be creaming themselves over the star quality of this kid.

3. LMac - 34 possies, 21 pressure acts, 9 score involvements, 700 plus metres gained and 6 inside 50s in a great 4 quarter effort. Yeah he butchered it a couple of times but some of you clowns calling for him to be dropped are vindictive pricks.

2. Higgins - Dominant first half, actually he was in God mode. Quiter second half cost him the BOG.

3. Zeibell. Great captains game. 19 possies, 3 goals, 21 pressure acts, 8 score involvements and 9 contested possies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to know why you went for Mason Wood, DR? I'm not knocking it by any means - just interested in your rationale. Snake has given you a "like" too, I see.

I like anyone that can ditch prejudice when they pick the best players.

BTW, Mase was very good in the first half when we set up the win. He well & truly covered for W8y

Over to you DR.

I often wonder why some people give the votes they do but its rarely in a "WTF why would you do that?" sort of way. I could count the number of times I've thought that on one hand I reckon. Sometimes I think having 5 votes per game would be interesting but its getting a bit messy as well. It'd really open things up. Maybe too much. I dunno.

Snake_Baker said a couple of times over the last few weeks that he was surprised Goldy and Thommo didn't get more votes. I feel that way sometimes too, about them and others, felt that way about Higgo all last year and I didn't vote for him much myself either.

Anyway you've probably worked out I'm not doing the votes today. I know I said Thursday after lunch but it looks like its Friday morning around smoko for the rest of the year. Get your votes in by then.

To answer the question I have a habit of giving the one vote not necessarily to the player who might have been 3rd best but someone who may have had a role to play and if they did that role effectively I’ll give them a vote because what they did increased the odds of us winning the game

Votes time.

Higgo - 171 votes. Great game. Ripping it up and should be well on the way to AA.
LMac - 85 votes. His best game imo. Keep that up and everyone will be taking notice.
Paul Ahern - 37 votes!!! In his first game. If he maintains anything like that we have a ripper. Deserves it tho given his situation. On ya Pauly.
Goldy - 20 votes and hitting some great form.
Cunners - 19 votes. Congrats on the baby Cunners. No puns on his name thanks.
JZ - 14 votes. Unlucky to miss votes after that game. Captain's game.
Jy - 3 votes and a hand in GR's rise to fame.
Ben Jacobs, Suga and Mason Wood all got a vote each.

So...

5 - Shaun Higgins.
4 - Luke McDonald.
3 - Paul Ahern.
2 - Todd Goldstein.
1 - Ben Cunnington.

back with the leaderboard soon ish.

The leaderboard at the halfway mark:

B. Cunnington - 24.
S. Higgins - 17.
B. Brown - 16.
B. Jacobs - 16.
J. Waite - 13.
J. Anderson - 12.
S. Thompson - 11.
J. Simpkin - 9.
R. Tarrant - 8.
J. Ziebell - 8.
T. Goldstein - 5.
K. Turner - 5.
L. McDonald - 4.
M. Wood - 4.
P. Ahern - 3.
S. Atley - 3.
M. Daw - 3.
J. Macmillan - 2.
E. Vickers-Willis - 2.
B. Hartung - 1.
M. Williams - 1.

So at the halfway point its a bit like it was late last year - Higgo, ben10 and BBB heading it up.

But....

I like seeing Simpkin moving up the board and Jed, W80 and Ben Jacobs are in the top 6 places. In fact the top 10 is The three I mentioned leading then those other 4 with thommo among them then Taz and JZ. The fact they are all there is a big part of our success this year.

FMD, Goldy actually snuck on to the scoreboard this week!

Its good that players we think deserve votes miss out. I reckon it means lots of players are playing well and there is a relatively even level good performance. Not just Todd - Jack unlucky this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back