Autopsy Rd 13 Blues cruise home in the top end

Who played well in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It still makes for one of the strangest days listening to Cochrane (GC's President), chest pumped out, bleating out how no one is going to put them over a barrel.
He sure showed us and the comp, didn't he?

Odd, very odd. Still wonder whether he had the thumbs up from his List Management team. I don't think so.
With the handouts the AFL gave them I don't think the recruiting team would be too worried. Apparently they get 2 top 20 picks from their academies for nothing this year. They were just unlucky the Martin wanted to come to a bottom of the ladder team. That doesn't happen too often and they showed they weren't going to take less than market value (they knew what Martin was worth and we have seen it this this in Navy Blue).

The reality is the PSD shouldn't exist. All players should just go through the regular draft (like Luke Ball did).

Our defensive set up was the best it’s been all year. To me it was the first time we really looked like a top 8 team defensively.

Having a steady back 6 clearly makes a difference.

Also thought Plow was super - not sure he got beaten all night and was also one of Willo’s best game for us, despite only having 7 possessions.

With the handouts the AFL gave them I don't think the recruiting team would be too worried. Apparently they get 2 top 20 picks from their academies for nothing this year. They were just unlucky the Martin wanted to come to a bottom of the ladder team. That doesn't happen too often and they showed they weren't going to take less than market value (they knew what Martin was worth and we have seen it this this in Navy Blue).

The reality is the PSD shouldn't exist. All players should just go through the regular draft (like Luke Ball did).

I know Cochrane was juiced up on the handouts afforded, but the net outcome achieved nothing and who knows what it may have yet deprived them of?

If I was the List Manager, I wouldn't be happy at all if it was the case that the President came over the top and took away the tools I may have otherwise had at the draft....and for what?

Ef8cztIUcAEtUki
Who would have though Ainsworth was the second best player on the ground from his 14 possessions.Did have 7 I50s for 1 score involvement?

Meanwhile H barely scores because he missed 6 out of 8 shots at goal.

The algorithim is all out of wack

Our defensive set up was the best it’s been all year. To me it was the first time we really looked like a top 8 team defensively.

Having a steady back 6 clearly makes a difference.

Also thought Plow was super - not sure he got beaten all night and was also one of Willo’s best game for us, despite only having 7 possessions.

Back 6 will always look better when a midfield is dominant

Suns Screenshot_20200823-092240_AFL.jpg

Us

Screenshot_20200823-092333_AFL.jpg

Cottrell will come good with some confidence. His huge advantage is his elite running ability . He and Walsh on the wings will blow most opponents away fitness wise. Both young. Imagine them in 2-3 years when their fitness id fully developed. Keep the Cottrell there and develop him- just like TDK. They are going to be long term players IMO. Remember all the knockers of Ed (and even Carazzo before him) proven wrong. You can't replace that gut running
We have intense competition then for that spot....they won't have a choice having to bring their A game every game
Seems CFC has found some confidence.......been a while👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cas won’t be rested. Testament to his commitment to fitness and development. Arguably in our top 5 most important players. Just so physical and consistent now.
Cas plays for sure.
What will be interesting is who Moore plays on. He won't be able to sag off his opponent with us having 3 talls for them to defend against

It's only from the concessions the AFL handed them only weeks before.

It devalued our offer to them.

Very odd as well people in the media going on "Don't tell me Carlton will get him for free because that won't happen"

OK....
Like what David King said. We should have done more to get Martin to the footy club. Lol. We did exactly what we needed to do to get Martin.

Next year...
Pretty excited about that too.
He is a big guy. I expect it to be a slow burn to see him a consistent performer at this level, but he will excite. Next year is way too soon to expect the consistency of someone this tall, skinny and raw. Be patient with the taller guys.

He is a big guy. I expect it to be a slow burn to see him a consistent performer at this level, but he will excite. Next year is way too soon to expect the consistency of someone this tall, skinny and raw. Be patient with the taller guys.
Yeah. I hear you but too late.
I'm already excited about him. :p

Richard Lewis and Marty funkhowser are also in the conversation.

And our own Micallef..

It’s Gervais, Larry and Micallef for me. UK Office my #1, then Curb, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Extras and Frontline in no particular order. Frontline very underrated - almost unknown by younger generation, which is a shame. Sometimes I think Gervais even ‘borrowed’ a few ideas from Frontline for The Office!

Back