Autopsy Rd 13 Blues cruise home in the top end

Who played well in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i actually don’t really care how they call the decisions- as long as it’s the same both ways (unlike the abomination against West Coast).
exactly! some of the decisions the other night against us, my first reaction was ... frig off! Then saw the replay and said ... yep fair enough, sex but it was there. In the end it was very consistent, kudos to the umps. KEEP IT UP!

Yep the extra time getting his body and mind right has shown the difference this makes, but the area he needs to work on are his marking contests, gets beaten regularly in these and is the one area he hasn’t improved at all, needs to learn to at least halve them and not overcommit which leaves the opponent free and clear.

Should pull Simmo aside and put in some extra work on the side with one of the best pound for pound in this area of the game while Simmo is still around to learn from, I suspect this may have been the reason for the Teague spray but I can’t be sure. 👍

Fish needs to master the “Richmond small forward tunnel”.

They have perfected it.

Let the taller defender fly, tunnel them under the ball.

Defender is on the ground - small forward is off to the races - goal!!!!!!

Thank you and good night.....

Last edited:

Adelaide have more than us.

We were one of the last clubs pre-Gold Coast and GWS to get a forum on this site. There were surprisingly few Blues fans here as we had a few fan forums around.

We took a year or so to get going then chased everybody down except for North who kept ahead of us for a long time. Then the Crows board surged and passed us and then North, and then we passed North. The Crows board is still about 400k posts ahead of us.

However the powers that be have told us that we are the only board to have grown our traffic every year.

In all seriousness I think a great deal of the credit for this goes to the Carlton mods.

Some of the other boards are horrendous.

You guys/girls seem to be able to strike an appropriate balance between posters letting off steam/pulling people into line for being bozos - and getting threads back on track.

Thank you!!!!

Interested to keep an eye on Flanders from G.C. he was probably our logical selection if we hadn't traded down and taken Kemp and Philp instead. He's done a couple of nice things but early doors yet.

Pre-season draft for free??????

In all seriousness I think a great deal of the credit for this goes to the Carlton mods.

Some of the other boards are horrendous.

You guys/girls seem to be able to strike an appropriate balance between posters letting off steam/pulling people into line for being bozos - and getting threads back on track.

Thank you!!!!
fart noise

I do full bore draft fantasy football. Brutal version. No waiver wire. Get to drop 5 and redraft once half way through. BigFooty is an excellent source of info for some clubs. (though some of it deranged- but if you are careful you learn good things such Reilly O’Brien last year ) some clubs are as vibrant as us. Some are terrible. The eagles fans mainly talk about how poorly treated they are by the press.....

Eagles have got to complain about something.

sure wouldn’t be the umpiring..............

Coaches' Votes

10 - Marc Murphy (CARL)
4 - Samuel Walsh (CARL)
4 - Jack Martin (CARL)
3 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
3 - Liam Jones (CARL)
2 - Harrison McKay (CARL)
2 - Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 - Michael Gibbons (CARL)
1 - Jack Newnes (CARL)

Well, they agreed on Murphy. Safe to say we dominated.

That is amazing.
Agree on BOG, but both had entirely different players for the other 4.
Very strange.

It's only from the concessions the AFL handed them only weeks before.

It devalued our offer to them.

Very odd as well people in the media going on "Don't tell me Carlton will get him for free because that won't happen"

OK....

A few of my mates that barrack for teams that recently picked up Free Agents were really miffed that Carlton got J Martin for free.

Go figure???

i just laughed - thought it was hilarious.

Say it enough times and you might believe it.
When he keeps missing easy shots, blind freddy could kick in his sleep, I will pretend it never happened.
Really wish I could...I wish it was just a bad dream, that would never see again, I really do, then real world hits me

How would you compare him to Harry on the weekend?

Coaches' Votes

10 - Marc Murphy (CARL)
4 - Samuel Walsh (CARL)
4 - Jack Martin (CARL)
3 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
3 - Liam Jones (CARL)
2 - Harrison McKay (CARL)
2 - Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 - Michael Gibbons (CARL)
1 - Jack Newnes (CARL)

Well, they agreed on Murphy. Safe to say we dominated.

Clean sweep, I like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fish needs to master the “Richmond small forward tunnel”. They have perfected it. Let the taller defender fly, tunnel them under the ball. Defender is on the ground - small forward is off to the races - goal!

Jack Riewoldt does it all the time as well. In one of our games last year against Richmond, he spent the whole night jumping up and kneeing Jones out of the marking contest. It's actually really smart play, even if it's illegal. Funny what you're allowed to get away with if you're a high profile player (or a high profile team).

How bloody unusual for both coaches to vote the 4-3-2–1 differently, completely differently. So 9 carlton players were top 5 with 4 of them deemed better them 4 others by different coaches. Strange.
1F3733D5-7864-40CD-9228-980F00F7DC30.jpeg

Stewy Dew a bit salty that Martin left?
So one coach didn’t pick Cripps at all. Martin at all. McKay at all with 2 goals 4 . It could be beveridge level bullshit (votes his players no matter what despite 50 point losses) or just coincidence/luck

So one coach didn’t pick Cripps at all. Martin at all. McKay at all with 2 goals 4 . It could be beveridge level bullshit (votes his players no matter what despite 50 point losses) or just coincidence/luck

We were dominant all over the ground. I thought Murphy was pretty clearly BOG, but after that?
Our defence gave up 7 shots, we had 7 players with 9 or more score involvements. I'm not that surprised.

Back