Autopsy Rd 13 Blues cruise home in the top end

Who played well in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not the next game I am concerned about. It is the bunch of games together as a whole. This weekend was perfect time to look after him, say rest up, we want a big finals campaign to prepare for. If no Kruezer back we are going to need to rely on both Pittonet and Casboult to get through rest of season for our ruck division. The smart move would have been rest up and keep him out of those humid conditions where he was so likely to not be at his best.

See game v Port where we should have been more goals up and Cas misses a certainty and we lose all momentum we had with Port getting goal down other end soon after. Scoreboard pressure gone in an instant...If you think it is not a weakness anymore you got a blind spot as a Carlton watcher. It is a weakness still and always has been, just as surely as his marking has always been superb and always will be.
Have you seen TDK play yet? Rucks ok!

Cas goalkicking is not a weakness anymore. It’s not elite but you can’t sneeze at 14 goals 6 so far this season. His around the ground DE is also quality. You are making a three year old argument based on one miss.

Cas goalkicking is not a weakness anymore.
Say it enough times and you might believe it.
When he keeps missing easy shots, blind freddy could kick in his sleep, I will pretend it never happened.
Really wish I could...I wish it was just a bad dream, that would never see again, I really do, then real world hits me

Say it enough times and you might believe it.
When he keeps missing easy shots, blind freddy could kick in his sleep, I will pretend it never happened.
Really wish I could...I wish it was just a bad dream, that would never see again, I really do, then real world hits me

Gerard give a decent enough summary.

I do believe it. 14 goal 6 gives me enough evidence. You have selected one instance as your sample size.

It is not the next game I am concerned about. It is the bunch of games together as a whole. This weekend was perfect time to look after him, say rest up, we want a big finals campaign to prepare for. If no Kruezer back we are going to need to rely on both Pittonet and Casboult to get through rest of season for our ruck division. The smart move would have been rest up and keep him out of those humid conditions where he was so likely to not be at his best.

See game v Port where we should have been more goals up and Cas misses a certainty and we lose all momentum we had with Port getting goal down other end soon after. Scoreboard pressure gone in an instant...If you think it is not a weakness anymore you got a blind spot as a Carlton watcher. It is a weakness still and always has been, just as surely as his marking has always been superb and always will be.

You want to rest players for finals when we're fighting it out with 6 teams for one, maybe two spots?

Hell no. Make finals. That's a huge result this year and reinforces to the group that they're on the right track. If we make it and then get knocked straight out, so be it. Would rather that than missing the cut because we got cute with selection and decided some sides were going to be easy wins.

Gerard give a decent enough summary.

I do believe it. 14 goal 6 gives me enough evidence. You have selected one instance as your sample size.

they stayed bachelors in those brown jackets I'm tipping......

And our own Micallef..

It’s Gervais, Larry and Micallef for me. UK Office my #1, then Curb, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Extras and Frontline in no particular order. Frontline very underrated - almost unknown by younger generation, which is a shame. Sometimes I think Gervais even ‘borrowed’ a few ideas from Frontline for The Office!
frontline so far ahead of its time - extraordinarily clever writing.......then the castle happened........vale the great bruno lawrence.......

Have you seen TDK play yet? Rucks ok!

Cas goalkicking is not a weakness anymore. It’s not elite but you can’t sneeze at 14 goals 6 so far this season. His around the ground DE is also quality. You are making a three year old argument based on one miss.
And how many out on the full .. and a couple across the face still in play -- but he would be 14//6/6 which is a big improvement -- Mackay has an issue also but he constantly kicks with same shape so should learn like buddy and hawkins .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a 9 day break. Pretty sure his recovery will be fine.

Cas is moving up the ground as a link player on the wings! His kicking for goal needs to be left alone now. Not elite but, not a weakness anymore.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not a weakness but it's certainly no longer detrimental to the mental state of the team. The deflation of morale rarely happens these days. Big credit to cas for his improvement

looks like i was wrong about setterfield - really starting to come on, feeling safe whenever he's got it, either in space or in traffic. that 3rd midfielder spot behind Cripps and Walsh is his for the next decade if he wants it.

not gunna lie I'm more excited by TDK than any of our other talls at the start of their career. Including Charlie. Don't @ me.

McKay is looking so dangerous, love how much he is blowing himself up to get the footy. looks invested.

good to see murphy have a great game but realistically, he tore up a group of teenagers. would still like to see midfield time invested elsewhere.

sps is a worry. maybe 2021 LOB or Newman comes into the half back spot?

back 6 are a well-oiled machine (besides sps). Where do we fit Marchbank?

weitering would have to be close to AA, will definitely make the squad of 40 but would need 6 huge games to get in front of Andrews and Moore you'd think.

not much else to take away. bank the W and roll the rabble that is Collingwood next week.

I'm somewhat stocked that we decided to go with JN rather than BE. SOS was on the money; as usual.
I couldn't help but laugh as Ellis cacked himself when he knew the contact was coming from Gibbons (if memory serves).

Newnes on the other hand loves the rough stuff, which is what I love about him. Even more than the goal against Freo.

I couldn't help but laugh as Ellis cacked himself when he knew the contact was coming from Gibbons (if memory serves).

Newnes on the other hand loves the rough stuff, which is what I love about him. Even more than the goal against Freo.
I laughed loudly when that happened; I think it was in the 3rd Q. My wife asked me why I was laughing; I said to her that BE's departure clearly wasn't the main reason for Ninethmond's up and down form this season.

looks like i was wrong about setterfield - really starting to come on, feeling safe whenever he's got it, either in space or in traffic. that 3rd midfielder spot behind Cripps and Walsh is his for the next decade if he wants it.

not gunna lie I'm more excited by TDK than any of our other talls at the start of their career. Including Charlie. Don't @ me.

McKay is looking so dangerous, love how much he is blowing himself up to get the footy. looks invested.

good to see murphy have a great game but realistically, he tore up a group of teenagers. would still like to see midfield time invested elsewhere.

sps is a worry. maybe 2021 LOB or Newman comes into the half back spot?

back 6 are a well-oiled machine (besides sps). Where do we fit Marchbank?

weitering would have to be close to AA, will definitely make the squad of 40 but would need 6 huge games to get in front of Andrews and Moore you'd think.

not much else to take away. bank the W and roll the rabble that is Collingwood next week.

This. Its all well and good Murph gettind 28 touches against kids in a game where you could tell the opposition was physically roasted. Our criticism of him as a leader of this football club will remain until he cracks in against strong opposition. The sooner he's pushed out of the midfield the better we'll be as a football side.

frontline so far ahead of its time - extraordinarily clever writing.......then the castle happened........vale the great bruno lawrence.......

Couldn’t agree more.

My brother likes to tell a story about how he ‘studied’ Frontline in Yr10 English .. reckons the teacher was having the time of his life and wasn’t too worried about the study side of things.. he just wanted to watch his favourite show for weeks on end 😄

Couldn’t agree more.

My brother likes to tell a story about how he ‘studied’ Frontline in Yr10 English .. reckons the teacher was having the time of his life and wasn’t too worried about the study side of things.. he just wanted to watch his favourite show for weeks on end 😄
My media teacher in year 11 was like that. She was a bit goth and had us studying The Crow and the Batman movies.

Just goes to show if you pay what is genuinely there and not Mickey Mouse sh*te no one has a problem. I found the umpiring excellent last nigh5 in a season of really bad officiating ... and we lost the count!

i actually don’t really care how they call the decisions- as long as it’s the same both ways (unlike the abomination against West Coast).

Back