Autopsy Rd 21: Freo go down in a close one

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark, Henry and Serong need to watch their last few efforts very ******* closely
Clark played very well until he was dumped onto the Astro by Rayner after kicking the ball.

He limped around came off for a rub down and then ran on quickly to spoil but everything else was a struggle for him.

Henry also had a good game but I agree gave up the first option late in the Brisbane HFF which was crucial.

Serong just had to do better at the end there. He has amazing quick hands and instead of just chucking onto the boot all the time he needs to get back to flicking out the quick handball.

Last edited:

Much like our season that was a case of shoulda, coulda, woulda

We have well and truly had our chances to be pushing for a top 6 spot

Lots of things to love and lots of things that require attention. Thankfully it at least seems like the players know what their limits are and what needs to be worked on for us to win more of the close games that we have lost

One preseason of Hayden Young building his tank means he stays in the middle in the last quarter and we win that game. Also, Alex Pearce whipping boy status reinstated. That mark attempt instead of a spoil/engaging the body 🤦‍♂️

Serong has zero calmness in these kind of tight finishes. It’s just million miles an hour, throw it on the boot, hack it anywhere type stuff. Zero composure.
Gosh how I longed for David Mundy to be on that park in those last 5 min.

It’s annoying because to win big finals you have to learn how to win tight games and execute plays to score a goal with a minute or two left. All teams coach what to do in tight finishes. If you are lucky then you get 3-4 times a season where you trail by a goal with 2 min left and you get a chance to execute your plans for this scenario. We also get a rare look at who can actually thrive in this scenario and make good decisions.
That the second time this season (north the other one in R2) where we have unable to find a way to win from being within a goal with 2 min left. It’s all about decisions and making the right ones and we just were not good enough.

Happy with the effort, we lost our cool at the end with some of those disposals. We'll smash the eagles if we play like this.

Pos
I think that's Henry best game, I'm fine with a few spud ups
Jackson was everywhere in the 1st half
Young should never play HB again
Sturt and Amiss, even Corbett had his moment

Neg
Serong was so wasteful and it cost us the game
Erasmus also poor
Pearce was OK but still had a costly stuff up
Aish was an inanimate carbon rod
Wait, Henry played his best game, but Serong and Erasmus were crap?

Corbett was a positive with 3 kick and one very simple goal missed?

God people are harsh on a second year inside midfielder. Wtf do you guys expect from Erasmus in game what, 16?

Luckily Nathan Buckley can see his talent and gave him some praise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either side could have won that, happy with the effort we put in.
Young and Jackson make a midfield look better.
Serong's last contest probably an example of the difference between the two sides. Just need to consistently display that little bit of composure and class to be beating top 4 sides.

Great player and young leader is Serong, but he just too often slams the ball onto the boot. Knew he would do that just before he picked up the ball.

I’ve been hoping we win a few more games to push up the first pick Melbourne have but to be honest whether it is 5 or 6 makes little difference at the end of the day.
Would have to be the worst hack kick in the afl. Gets a lot of it, but is big time billy butcher

what’s even the point of following a footy club if your just dead set pessimistic on everything?

lighten up you ******* goblins, should’ve won against an experienced top 4 team, plenty of positives to take from there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

should've…the great Freo descriptor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back