Autopsy Rd 23 2018 Swans v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan had 13 disposals, his biggest game since July 2017. He'll be straight in.

Franklin, Parker, Marsh, and possibly Reid all available as well.

I'd predict Rohan, Franklin, and Parker in for Robinson, Fox, and Dawson. If Reid is picked then Grundy or McCartin will go as well

Rohan had 18.

Still don’t reckon I’d pick him personally.

Rohan had 13 disposals, his biggest game since July 2017. He'll be straight in.

Franklin, Parker, Marsh, and possibly Reid all available as well.

I'd predict Rohan, Franklin, and Parker in for Robinson, Fox, and Dawson. If Reid is picked then Grundy or McCartin will go as well
Rohan has played one good final out of probably 10. He should be the LAST player thought of to bring into a final.

Rohan has played one good final out of probably 10. He should be the LAST player thought of to bring into a final.
2017 Semi - 7 disposals at 28.5% DE, 4 clangers, 0 score involvements, 0 tackles inside 50
2017 Elim - 7 disposals at 85.7% DE, 2 goals, 4 score involvements, 1 tackle inside 50
2016 GF - 5 disposals, 4 clangers, 1 goal, 1 score involvement, 1 tackle inside 50
2016 Prelim - 18 disposals at 72.2% DE, 2 goals, 6 score involvements, 0 tackles inside 50
2016 Semi - 6 disposals at 33.3% DE, 1 goal, 2 score involvements, 1 tackle inside 50
2016 QF - 12 disposals at 41.7% DE, 4 score involvements, 1 tackle inside 50
2015 Semi - 11 disposals at 63.6% DE, 2 score involvements, 0 tackles inside 50
2015 QF - 8 disposals at 62.5% DE, 2 score involvements, 2 tackles inside 50
2014 GF - 7 disposals at 71.4% DE

I’m not sure horse will play Grundy mate if he doesn’t have a match up

He will pick Rohan no doubt about it and Reid if ready

I’ll be spewing if he drops mccartin for Reid
Yeah don’t want McCartin out and I doubt he would drop him anyway...but you never know with selection.

I said in the preview thread that Hanneberry shouldn't be picked. Plenty of posters at the time who said I was wrong.

Anyway to get within 9 points without Buddy and Parker both out, not a bad effort really.
Banners was doing okay up until the time he got his corkie. That was a serious corkie to.

Turned it around enough to win in the last but didn’t kick straight.
I didn’t say we won the last. I effectively said we gave ourselves enough opportunity and supply to win the game but were not able to finish. We clearly responded from a poor third term hence the original point that we adjusted.

Volume of shots are relevant to my point of supply and opportunity.

Agreed only the score matters and clearly agree we should have finished better in front of goal. But again that wasn’t my argument. It was we responded to a poor third term, we adjusted and played better but came up short, largely due to poor kicking in front of the sticks!

In any case, we are going to have to agree to disagree here as this isn’t going to go anywhere.
We will have to but see your top quote just to finish.

3:43 Rampe kicks out from behind up the guts. McCartin taps it forward and a Hawk gathers and kicks straight up. This time Heeney smashes it forward into a waiting wall of Hawks, who actually fumble it but manage to get it forward.

The ball lands between Lloyd (front of ball) and Aliir (in front of him). Aliir appears stuck in mud and does not come at the ball, Lloyd then gathers the ball heading back towards goal and is met by Nash who tackles him, Lloyds handball ends up in Hawks hands past Aliir and they kick the sealing goal.

Just terrible football.

1. Aliir should have attacked the ball
2. Lloyd should have cut off Nash with a shepherd

We would have been away.

Suspect they’ll play that one to Aliir and Lloyd this week, with imo after rewatching the footage Lloyd is as culpable as Aliir (perhaps more so given he has more experience). If there was communication from Lloyd for him to get the ball, imo that was the incorrect message given the position of the players, the ball and Nash.

Heeney also needed to be smarter and not to smash the ball to the Hawks advantage. We had the numbers around the contest.

(Easy to say from the stands not in panic mode, well not in the heat of the action anyway!)

We will have to but see your top quote just to finish.

Turned it around enough to win. Ie. we did the hard work but didn’t reward ourselves by finishing. So it was not a matter of effort, gameplan or opportunity but finishing.

Probably didn’t phrase that well.

You wouldn’t bring Buddy and Parker back?
Of course, I didn’t think they needed mentioning. But after I wrote it, I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out who the other 2 outs would be. Most likely Dawson but then there’s Grundy, Aliir, McCartin, Hannebery or Cunningham as the unlucky one if they do choose 4. That’s my thoughts but whoever plays has to be the best 22 we can muster as we only get one shot at an elimination final.

Oh *, I forgot Newman...yeah * him off with his ‘footsteps and shitting the bed’! There you go, no unlucky ones!

In: Franklin, Reid, Rohan & Parker
Out: Newman, Fox, Robinson & Dawson (would stay for Rohan).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, I didn’t think they needed mentioning. But after I wrote it, I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out who the other 2 outs would be. Most likely Dawson but then there’s Grundy, Aliir, McCartin, Hannebery or Cunningham as the unlucky one if they do choose 4. That’s my thoughts but whoever plays has to be the best 22 we can muster as we only get one shot at an elimination final.

Was having a joke didn’t really think you’d leave them out!

My point was more what you’re saying now, you’d have to find two others the leave out and that’s a challenge.

I reckon it’ll just be Parker and Franklin for two of Fox (certainty you’d think), Robinson and Dawson.

I’d be inclined to keep Dawson to be honest as I think he offers something different to the others. If Hannebery doesn’t come up (being realistic here, he will play if ‘deemed’ fit) then I would retain Robinson for him

Edit: haha I thought Newman was missing

2017 Semi - 7 disposals at 28.5% DE, 4 clangers, 0 score involvements, 0 tackles inside 50
2017 Elim - 7 disposals at 85.7% DE, 2 goals, 4 score involvements, 1 tackle inside 50
2016 GF - 5 disposals, 4 clangers, 1 goal, 1 score involvement, 1 tackle inside 50
2016 Prelim - 18 disposals at 72.2% DE, 2 goals, 6 score involvements, 0 tackles inside 50
2016 Semi - 6 disposals at 33.3% DE, 1 goal, 2 score involvements, 1 tackle inside 50
2016 QF - 12 disposals at 41.7% DE, 4 score involvements, 1 tackle inside 50
2015 Semi - 11 disposals at 63.6% DE, 2 score involvements, 0 tackles inside 50
2015 QF - 8 disposals at 62.5% DE, 2 score involvements, 2 tackles inside 50
2014 GF - 7 disposals at 71.4% DE
Thanks very much for proving my point.

Was having a joke didn’t really think you’d leave them out!

My point was more what you’re saying now, you’d have to find two others the leave out and that’s a challenge.

I reckon it’ll just be Parker and Franklin for two of Fox (certainty you’d think), Robinson and Dawson.

I’d be inclined to keep Dawson to be honest as I think he offers something different to the others. If Hannebery doesn’t come up (being realistic here, he will play if ‘deemed’ fit) then I would retain Robinson for him

Edit: haha I thought Newman was missing
And I probably should have listed Franklin & Parker (in place of Reid & Rohan) for Fox & Robbo instead. Then figured the rest out...there’s a lot of confusion going on today, that’s for sure!

Oh ****, I forgot Newman...yeah **** him off with his ‘footsteps and shitting the bed’! There you go, no unlucky ones!

In: Franklin, Reid, Rohan & Parker
Out: Newman, Fox, Robinson & Dawson (would stay for Rohan).
For the life of me I cannot understand why you would even consider Rohan. Means we are playing one short.

For the life of me I cannot understand why you would even consider Rohan. Means we are playing one short.
You don’t need to understand, to me, he’s best 22! Dawson, Fox & Robinson got it less than 10 times each last night and didn’t hit the scoreboard (goal), something Rohan can and has done. He can also chop out in the ruck and go down back but just because you don’t like him, doesn’t mean he won’t be considered for selection...and he will be!

With point 2 and this is not a go at you

Why’s everyone want to control the conversation so much around here ?

If I go to the footy with mates I want to sit and talk about what we saw and have a beer etc not say hey don’t you talk until tomorrow
No no no. I'm not saying don't talk about the game. I just think it makes more sense to have all the immediate post game chat in the Matchday thread.

No no no. I'm not saying don't talk about the game. I just think it makes more sense to have all the immediate post game chat in the Matchday thread.

One thing we could consider would be changing the thread tag from "Game Day" to "Review" immediately after the game and leaving the thread open. I wouldn't be against this to be honest.

Ok

Bugger

In summary Parker and Buddy

The whorfes find a way like usual even when we were in front.

Still close despite the forward line being missing but on a brief run through Horse did a Horse job again.

Basically could have watched the majority of recent games and seen this one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back