Autopsy Rd 23 2018 Swans v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t need to understand, to me, he’s best 22! Dawson, Fox & Robinson got it less than 10 times each last night and didn’t hit the scoreboard (goal), something Rohan can and has done. He can also chop out in the ruck and go down back but just because you don’t like him, doesn’t mean he won’t be considered for selection...and he will be!
Whether I like him or not is totally irrelevant. I don't dislike him at all but his finals history (as detailed earlier) is horrendous. He cannot handle big games.

Ok

Bugger

In summary Parker and Buddy

The whorfes find a way like usual even when we were in front.

Still close despite the forward line being missing but on a brief run through Horse did a Horse job again.

Basically could have watched the majority of recent games and seen this one?

Yep just like the past 5-6 games neither team can break away from each other and just as i thought the margin would be <10 pts.

1-1 is a fair outcome we could of lost against them at the MCG and struggled to make finals.

No no no. I'm not saying don't talk about the game. I just think it makes more sense to have all the immediate post game chat in the Matchday thread.

Fair call

One thing we could consider would be changing the thread tag from "Game Day" to "Review" immediately after the game and leaving the thread open. I wouldn't be against this to be honest.
That’d be great, I asked this question last week but I don’t think I got a response. If I did, I must have overlooked it but it makes so much more sense!

No no no. I'm not saying don't talk about the game. I just think it makes more sense to have all the immediate post game chat in the Matchday thread.
Brilliant idea! I never read the match day thread because the rants drive me crazy. I get that emotions run high during the game, I just don't fancy reading it, but I do like the autopsy thread and think it would be far more constructive if it wasn't started (particularly after a loss) till the next morning when everyone's emotions have calmed somewhat.

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats for the match. If you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at bounces.

There were 26 bounces

Kennedy 24
Hewett 22
Cunningham 19 wing
Florent 18 wing
Heeney 15
Hannebery (inj) 9 (5w, 4i)
Newman 9 (5i, 4w)
Jack 6 (5w, 1i)
Papley 5
Dawson 2
Lloyd 1 wing

Rucks:
Sinclair 25
Heeney 1

Seeing it was a close game here is who you were trusting to get the job done in the final term (8 bounces):

Cunningham 8 wing
Kennedy 8
Hewett 7
Heeney 7
Florent 6 wing
Jack 2 wing
Newman 1
Papley 1

Notes:
Most inside starts for Newman recorded in analysed games.

One thing we could consider would be changing the thread tag from "Game Day" to "Review" immediately after the game and leaving the thread open. I wouldn't be against this to be honest.
I'd be against it...

Now that the unofficial preview just rolls into the official preview, no-one reads the previews and soon we won't bother doing them... just think of some of the hilarious pre-views we won't get anymore...

And I like the review/autopsy thread, except for on the same day as a loss. I would much rather leave the game day thread be open all game day and then the autopsy thread to open next day, like MC Bad Genius suggested.

History has shown that he probably won't.
Hmm, I didn’t know history affects a game that hasn’t been played. Oh well, I guess if he’s not selected, he won’t have the opportunity to prove that he can play a role!

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats for the match. If you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often players were lining up as one of your 5 mids at bounces.

There were 26 bounces

Kennedy 24
Hewett 22
Cunningham 19 wing
Florent 18 wing
Heeney 15
Hannebery (inj) 9 (5w, 4i)
Newman 9 (5i, 4w)
Jack 6 (5w, 1i)
Papley 5
Dawson 2
Lloyd 1 wing

Rucks:
Sinclair 25
Heeney 1

Seeing it was a close game here is who you were trusting to get the job done in the final term (8 bounces):

Cunningham 8 wing
Kennedy 8
Hewett 7
Heeney 7
Florent 6 wing
Jack 2 wing
Newman 1
Papley 1

Notes:
Most inside starts for Newman recorded in analysed games.
Do you have one for Newman shitting the bed? He certainly had a stat for that last night!

Turned it around enough to win. Ie. we did the hard work but didn’t reward ourselves by finishing. So it was not a matter of effort, gameplan or opportunity but finishing.

Probably didn’t phrase that well.

14 behinds suggests you are right...enough opportunities to really kick a score and we failed to take them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good high pressure game!

If Hanners plays a full game we win. He has an impact on the way the midfield as a whole plays, and in particular Florent. If Florent had taken just a little more time, made a few better decisions in the last, we win. Hanners lessens the load for Kennedy, who probably missed because of exhaustion. Hanners frees up Hewett to keep the chain tight around Titch, so the Hawks don't score (as much).

Aliir had a shocker. Regardless, if Hanners plays out the second half, we win.

I reckon we totally underestimate the impact Hanners playing has on the rest of the team!

Goals: Heeney (2), Papley (2), Jack, Kennedy, Cunningham, Sinclair, Florent, McCartin
Behinds: Papley, Jack (2), Kennedy (2), Cunningham, Sinclair, Florent (2), McCartin, Hayward (2), Dawson

Any two of those 13 behinds are goals, and we win...

We won the inside 50s, we won the tackle count by 20... we gave ourselves every opportunity. That's what coaches do, the give the players the structures and game plans to provide them with opportunities to win... our youngsters just couldn't pull it off! That was not a coaching fail, it was a player fail... and I reckon if Hanners had played out the second half, we would have won!

I still have high hopes for this season. :D:p

As always, just my opinion...

Given up on winning the flag, yes. You seem to be under the impression that that automatically makes me a poor supporter who won’t be tuning in and supporting our boys. You know what they say about those who assume...

I know what they say about those who just give up.

We don't expect our players to put up the white flag but it's OK for supporters to do it - then bag the players?

Umpires used all their tickets on us last night. Won’t get that luxury again

Before we worship the green cheats for being so magnanimous, just remember three late game calls. 1. Deliberate OOB against Swans when the ball was chipped directly sideways to a teammate. 2. 360 degree tackle in front- ignored. 3. Hawks miss a goal and are invited to bring it back for another go.

They were crucial shockers in a close match.

Freekickhawthorn

Result doesn't make much difference.

The chance of us beating the Tigers was minimal at best.

Parker and Buddy rested and ready for the next final at home.

If we meet Hawthorn in coming weeks we'll do them at the MCG.

Still in it.

Yep agreed - we've won three in a row prior to this game, do that again and we are in the granny

We lost that game because we got below par performances from guys like Fox, Dawson, Aliir, Hanners, Ronke & Hayward.
Hawthorn lost to us last time because they got below par performances from Breust, Mitchell, Mirra, Roughead etc.

But anyway. I'm not arguing because you guys have made statements all along here. Even after saying how poorly coached we are etc, you somehow expect us to do magic last night which doesn't back up the arguments of having poor gameplans.
If you think the whole game plan & coach are s**t, then they're s**t. Don't expect things to change for the better with two key players coming out last minute & then get upset because we lost a game "we shoukd have won" when your thoughts about gameplans etc say we shoukdn't have won.
Confused?
Well so am fkg I with some on here speaking with a forked tongue. Apologies to those that actually know our limitations & well done to those that have got it right..................................every ti e we lose.:rolleyes:
Mirra ? Gee you are showing your outstanding knowledge of the game right there. He is a ***king hack and to be honest I am not even sure he played in that game. As if they can't afford for Mirra to not have an impact to get a result. Where did I mention game plan or coaching ? My observation was going back into our shells and playing defensive. Where did I say Longmire Instructed them to do that ? A Fork Tongue ? You will never be at risk of that because you trot out the same s**t week after week in your role as the official team apologist. Btw don't lump me in with " you guys making statements " I march to the beat of my own drum and I post what I see not s**t that constantly gets regurgitated on here to try and belittle people for not being the perfect supporter.

Like You Though I'm not arguing because this s**t is not worth arguing about because It is posted by people that have probably never been on football ground and would not have a competitive bone in their body. You think You are some sort of oracle with your preaching to the masses and pitiful pontificating so do tell when the excuses are all said and done and the transition is complete when do you see us winning another premiership ? Just to make up for the opportunity pissed up against the wall in the last 3 seasons ? Anybody with half a brain knows with the lack of personel it was not going to be this year but what should be expected even in that situation when you are in control of a game playing for a double chance it shows you are good enough to win and when challenged you are expected to show some mental strength and fortitude not piss against the wall another opportunity to take your ability as far as it can get you. Hawthorn are not a top 4 side in fact they are bottom of the 8 at best but we gifted them the honour.

I know what they say about those who just give up.

We don't expect our players to put up the white flag but it's OK for supporters to do it - then bag the players?
So you do admit they do it ? If players are mentally weak you don't expect any reaction from a supporter ? Why did we lose last night ? Were we not good enough or are Hawthorn so outstanding ? Instead of coming on here potting people all the time and trotting out the umpires as the excuse for our every defeat how about something that resembles at least something close to insightful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back