Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you get the feeling that if we converted better the Port onslaught of the 3rd term would've lasted a bit longer? I really think they took it easy on us for large ish patches of that game. Their 80-90% intensity seemed to break us apart they didn't need the 100%

If we would have taken our chances early in the game Port is under more pressure, our players don't start dropping their heads and it's a whole different ball game, who knows?

Don't you get the feeling that if we converted better the Port onslaught of the 3rd term would've lasted a bit longer? I really think they took it easy on us for large ish patches of that game. Their 80-90% intensity seemed to break us apart they didn't need the 100%

Port didn't take it easier on us at all. If they did, hartlett wouldn't have played out the game.

Their players are obviously buying in to The system and putting their bodies on the line.

Multiple times their players went down sore after competing hard all night.

Port didn't take it easier on us at all. If they did, hartlett wouldn't have played out the game.

Their players are obviously buying in to The system and putting their bodies on the line.

Multiple times their players went down sore after competing hard all night.
They didn't take it easy but they didn't put the foot down and bring finals like intensity either.

Yep - Conversion or lack of - is the singular biggest explanation of why we lost last night - it was obvious just watching the game and even more obvious in review.

People let 'feelings' replace rationality quite easily. There was nothing soft about Port's attack on the contest and for the most part nothing soft about Carlton's endeavour either - what was obvious was a large disparity in effectiveness of effort- one side was playing a lot classier than the other.

The truth is that to many of our players lack the required polish to convert effort into results - simple as that.

What I find incredible reading this board last night and today - is the level of naivety about where we are at with current available players V opposition.

There was NEVER an even money chance of beating this mob given our available team - I suspect that the reality of this has hit home to a few who are also starting to look at the run of games ahead - and the long tail of injuries we are carrying.

Whilst the teams ahead will be playing with much more complete list of players to choose from teague and Co dont have that luxury - no one planned for or expected late pre-season injury to Marchbank/Newman/Kemp/Casboult/Harry/McGovern/Eddie/TDK or in season injury to Martin/Fisher/SOJ/Williams/Cripps

lets get real - some pretty important outs at the moment - but somehow this meme of entitlement and irational expectations is running hard...

Until we get genuine starting players like Newman|Martin|TDK|SOJ and Fisher back - we are playing with a lot of less capable substitutes - and that is just for starters.

Chin up :thumbsu:

Small forwards have no X factor without Fish or Martin. No one is beating their man back to goals. Can’t have 4 plodders. I would like to see Owies come in. He knows how to score.
Need to stop the chains of forward handballs to stationary players. Just so predictable. Need to change the angle
With Plow playing on Gray, Marshall had a picnic. Really needed Parks to play 3rd tall.
Stocker and Cuners to come in. We need players that can kick and some pace.
Saad doesn’t seem to have had his zip since the goal saving tackle against Richmond. ReAlly miss his line breaking run.
If H is struggling we really need him to get on his bike and rotate the forwards coming out of the square

Yep - Conversion or lack of - is the singular biggest explanation of why we lost last night - it was obvious just watching the game and even more obvious in review.

People let 'feelings' replace rationality quite easily. There was nothing soft about Port's attack on the contest and for the most part nothing soft about Carlton's endeavour either - what was obvious was a large disparity in effectiveness of effort- one side was playing a lot classier than the other.

The truth is that to many of our players lack the required polish to convert effort into results - simple as that.

What I find incredible reading this board last night and today - is the level of naivety about where we are at with current available players V opposition.

There was NEVER an even money chance of beating this mob given our available team - I suspect that the reality of this has hit home to a few who are also starting to look at the run of games ahead - and the long tail of injuries we are carrying.

Whilst the teams ahead will be playing with much more complete list of players to choose from teague and Co dont have that luxury - no one planned for or expected late pre-season injury to Marchbank/Newman/Kemp/Casboult/Harry/McGovern/Eddie/TDK or in season injury to Martin/Fisher/SOJ/Williams/Cripps

lets get real - some pretty important outs at the moment - but somehow this meme of entitlement and irational expectations is running hard...

Until we get genuine starting players like Newman|Martin|TDK|SOJ and Fisher back - we are playing with a lot of less capable substitutes - and that is just for starters.

Chin up :thumbsu:

On this, we agree. Although, it extends well beyond last night and today.

I didn't think Gov was that bad last night; he's missed a bit of footy due to injury, and we rushed him back in too early. At least he was trying, even if things weren't working for him.

Really?

This stuff was absolutely rife last night (from plenty of our players). Top clubs would never put up with this, I dare say it almost goes unchecked with us.

Look at the pressure real small forwards like Kysiah Pickett put on. Possessions for opponents in our forward line are under 0% pressure. Other teams have harassers which create turnovers, ours do sweet FA.
Most weeks the opposition just walk it out of our defence. Raffle it around with a few handles and then have time and space to assess whether they’ve got an open target in the corridor. Conversely, our defenders are generally under pressure when they take possession in our defensive 50 which leads to errors and 15m chips wide (allowing the opposition to set up behind the ball). Getting a bit fed of hearing that we will take ‘learnings’ from games yet continue to dish up a lack of forward pressure. A lot of talk from this club in the past 18 months, not a lot of tangible results to back that up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

This stuff was absolutely rife last night (from plenty of our players). Top clubs would never put up with this, I dare say it almost goes unchecked with us.
Some of the comments in Teague’s pressers don't fill you with much confidence that they do.

Rattles off stats as though games are won on paper. I think it's was against Pies, we were sitting it on McKay's head for multiple entries that were easily intercepted and rebounded, and he praised it post match and simply lamented we couldn't take advantage of the opportunity.

Some of the comments in Teague’s pressers don't fill you with much confidence that they do.

Rattles off stats as though games are won on paper. I think it's was against Pies, we were sitting it on McKay's head for multiple entries that were easily intercepted and rebounded, and he praised it post match and simply lamented we couldn't take advantage of the opportunity.
the interviews on membership drives do.

Our inside 50 forays provide opportunity only for the opposition to continually outnumber intercept and rebound ... we have nfi what we are doing forward of centre ...

Our skills, particularly kicking skills were poor. We had so many avoidable turnovers. Shots on goal were woeful. Decision making was lamentable.

However, if we converted chances early we may have given ourselves a fighting chance.
Our confidence is so brittle that lack of reward for effort when we shoot for goal means we drop our heads.
Cripps did some weird things. Kicked when he shouldn’t, took the opposition on when he should have hand balled to a teammate and is one of the poorest shots on goal I’ve seen. This is our captain!

Considering our injuries to walk away with a 6 goal loss, its is not the time to burn down the club. We have every right to be disappointed but now is the time stick with them. Eat the loss, reluctantly.
remember it’s never as good or as bad as it looks.

Good news: it was a 5 goal loss

:(

Really?

no mention of Murphy? No mention of Jones? Gov was running, Levi wasn't, Murphy wasn't, Jones wasn't.... Then doc drops a simple mark where players would be expecting to turn and run fwd and get caught out.

What I took from that video.....doc dropped another sitter and half the side was walking.
Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

End of the game, gov was running, Levi wasn't. Then doc drops a simple mark where players would be expecting to turn and run fwd and get caught out.

What I took from that video.....doc dropped another sitter. That's all.

Gov was jogging.

Let's put... say.... Richmond into that situation - how hard do you think they'd be running to push back and clog it up?

Really?

That was just one passage of play, and I might be wrong. But it didn't look like one of his worst games for us. We play someone under done what do you expect

Gov was jogging.

Let's put... say.... Richmond into that situation - how hard do you think they'd be running to push back and clog it up?
Oh well, game was over, s**t happens. You could point this out on just about every side who loses a game, including Richmond.

Finey is a raving lunatic, but a rant he went on a few years ago really stuck with me, a rant that can basically be summed up by 'scoreboard pressure'.

Depsite being a clearly inferior side, we had every chance to stay in that game for longer, and the longer you stay in a game, the better your chances are.

Those misses at crucial times, I'm sure you know which ones, are just so bloody disappointing.

Martin
Fisher
Marchbank
TKD
Charlie
JSOS
Newman

That makes us a 5 goal better side.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The same Charlie who hasn’t played for years and may never be much up to it? We’re still banking on him As the great saviour ?

Back