Autopsy Rd 9 Carlton v Brisbane Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite moment of the commentary was when we forced a turnover about 70m out from our goal and Waite took the mark after Patfull ran off him. Commentators jumped to Patfull's defence, it "wasn't his fault" because he "wasn't expecting a turnover" :rolleyes:

Yes I heard that they even replayed the passage of play .. And defended Patful further !

My favourite moment of the commentary was when we forced a turnover about 70m out from our goal and Waite took the mark after Patfull ran off him. Commentators jumped to Patfull's defence, it "wasn't his fault" because he "wasn't expecting a turnover" :rolleyes:

They were "barracking" so hard for the Lions last night instead of unbiased commentating.

Tony Shaw was the worst by far. :thumbsdown:

Jason Dudstall is THE BIGGEST dick... i'll be watching the free to air coverage with adds whenever possible

Well... I'd like to raise you Matthew Lloyd AND Luke Darcy...

Lloyd on the Footy Show tried to make a call that Jamo grabbed the wrong side of his face after the Brown forearm... Tool - interesting that that famous mental giant, Billy Brownless just dismissed him as an idiot.

Luke Darcy. Every time he opens his mouth to talk about football. Particularly any analysis of Carlton - ill informed, no research, hates the club. This ones's off topic I know but Jamo was off the ball.:thumbsu:

Haha that was actually hilarious.

Great game last night guys. In that match you were the better. The NAB cup was a totally different outcome. Good luck next week.

Gee Tommy Bell played so much better than his stats indicated. Cachia looks the goods. selection issues when a few of the injured boys come back!!

interesting thing to note is that throughout the entire match we laid only 39 tackles. 20 less than Brisbane who had 59. Unusually low number of tackles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate :thumbsu: Good luck next week against the filth

Yep, Bewick to destroy Russell :eek:

Bears are a real chance to knock off the Filth up there.

They were "barracking" so hard for the Lions last night instead of unbiased commentating.

Tony Shaw was the worst by far. :thumbsdown:

I don't get the commentator bashing, all I heard was they were hoping it would be a close game, we all want that when it's not our team playing and it would be more so when you're commentating on a game that is not a contest. Probably would find the same claims about barracking for the other side on the Lions board.

On the bright side, at least rompinwins wasn't near a mic.

I don't get the commentator bashing, all I heard was they were hoping it would be a close game
Nah it was more than that - calling for soft free kicks to be given to one team, making light of a player clutching his jaw after a cheap shot, downplaying our effort by suggesting it was simply the Lions' inaccuracy that kept them from winning etc. is going too far.

Nothing wrong with hoping for a close one, but may as well have handed the mic to some of the posters over on the Lions' board.

Nah it was more than that - calling for soft free kicks to be given to one team, making light of a player clutching his jaw after a cheap shot, downplaying our effort by suggesting it was simply the Lions' inaccuracy that kept them from winning etc. is going too far.

Nothing wrong with hoping for a close one, but may as well have handed the mic to some of the posters over on the Lions' board.
They might as well have handed the mic to Duritz.

What about the one in the last quarter with Waite stepping over the mark and getting 50 ... silence. John Brown does it a few minutes later ... Tony Shaw "Ohhhhh ... I hate that! Just too big a penalty for such a little thing!!".

I didn't find it as bad as I expected it to be after reading comments on here. But I honestly can't remember a single time where they suggested a free should be payed to a Carlton player and yet they seemed to ask for a Brisbane free in almost every contest. Especially late in the game.

I'm not sure what was more enjoyable ...listening to the brain dead commentators groaning in abject pain every time we looked like scoring ...or watching the Paddle pop fans get all excited over the comeback only to whine and sook when they lost to the much better side . If we kicked straight we would have won by 10 Goals....oh and Jarrod Waite made pitiful Patfull look like a School boy playing on a Man .

The irony of listening to shaw, Hudson and co bemoaning the Paddles poor accuracy in front of Goal was rather amusing

Just thought to do a quick comparison between North and Carlton regarding goal-kicking.

North have kicked 142...112 to date
and we've kicked. 129....130

In terms of accuracy we're behind about 3-4 goals a game. We just can't afford to give other sides that sort of start.
North kicked 13.2 today from set shots at goal, imagine if we could replicate that:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back