• Actively in market

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imposter warning from a Footstool!

But just wanted to say….

This year I’ve taken an interest in reading the opposition preview threads, and it has been eye opening. I could probably skip reading a few next time round, Carlton’s particularly!

But the banter and general respect and lack of arrogance with some good humor thrown in (had a laugh at the “King’s” proclamation) has been refreshing.

Predicting a close one, will be a really good measuring stick on where we are at. Should be a cracker.

Good luck you lot 👍🏻
Hard to be arrogant when you lose to Richmond!

Makes sense. Parker won't be back in unless a small gets injured or a dramatically loses form.

Poor Fox though. Should be playing not the sub

Na in big games expect Fox to be the sub, he's literally the perfect sub on our list. Covers KPP (both ends) and can if need be run through the middle. Quick enough to provide run too

So if Francis is in and Parker isn't, I have to think the side will be

B: Florent - Melican - Rampe
HB: Blakey - Francis - Roberts
C: Gulden - Rowbottom - Lloyd
HF: Jordon - McDonald - McInerney
F: Papley - Amartey - Hayward
R: Grundy - Warner - Heeney

I/C: Wicks - McLean - Adams - Cunningham
Sub: Fox

What’s up with Hamling? Can’t get a game even with an injury? Wonder if he regrets not taking out increased offer considering he would’ve played every game this season for us.

Parker will absolutely be back
At some stage in the season, absolutely he will. And probably won't be dropped once he is back. But given how the current team is performing, I can't see him coming in because no one should be coming out, you know? But the second there is an injury or drop in form from any of the non-key talls, Parker will be straight in

At some stage in the season, absolutely he will. And probably won't be dropped once he is back. But given how the current team is performing, I can't see him coming in because no one should be coming out, you know? But the second there is an injury or drop in form from any of the non-key talls, Parker will be straight in
1 loss = Parker back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s up with Hamling? Can’t get a game even with an injury? Wonder if he regrets not taking out increased offer considering he would’ve played every game this season for us.
He seems to have lost his way a little. He has probably been our 2nd or 3rd best KPD in the VFL at times so last week was sent forward and kicked a few goals.

I have an issue with Jude commentating too. Period, it’s 2024 now we can get neutral commentators for every game whether it be experts or behind the mic. Pavlich is one of the more “fair” ones sure but personally still don’t like it.
Lot cheaper to hire Jude in Sydney and Pav in Perth than flying someone over. Pav also does West Coast. Alistair Lynch does the Lions and Suns for the same reason, I expect.

What's with the footstool reference?
The game will be so easy and Freo so stagnant, that they'll effectively be footstools, on which to put up our feet and relax.

Or we'll come into the game half asleep, drunk on our own bathwater, that we won't even notice the footstool until it trips us up, faceplanting onto the cold, hard playing surface. Where we'll awaken 3 hours later wondering what happened.

Last edited:
They also probably don't want to risk him on a long trip considering he's returning from injury. Save him for Carlton game.
When he does return, I see Parker in a rotation with Adams and Rowbottom, also some time in the mix up forward..He can get the ball on the inside. We have plenty of outside run in Warner/Heeney/Gulden.

What I don't want to see - is Isaac Heeney banished to wander around on a HFF or a pocket.

When he does return, I see Parker in a rotation with Adams and Rowbottom, also some time in the mix up forward..He can get the ball on the inside. We have plenty of outside run in Warner/Heeney/Gulden.

What I don't want to see - is Isaac Heeney banished to wander around on a HFF or a pocket.
Looks like heeney has been getting more midfield time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back