AFL Toast Rd10 vs. North Melbourne - Medium Win against Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

I turned to Norf, eyeballed them and mouthed the name "Harley Reid" 3 times. The Norf tried to look away but couldn't manage it and after the third time gave me a nod and a shoulder shrug.

At that point I realised that this was only the first of many times that Norf would come to regret the decision to win the Round 24 game and draft the uncontested ball user instead of the hungry young kid who sidesteps veteran taggers at will.

Pretty balanced performance yesterday. Didn't rely on individuals. Didn't take 30 perfect disposals from Merrett. Langford didn't carve them up, so Wright did. Got smashed in clearances and still won by 40. Was far from our best footy, but was never in doubt. It's the first time in my adult life that I think it's more likely we improve as the season goes on than drop off.

I turned to Norf, eyeballed them and mouthed the name "Harley Reid" 3 times. The Norf tried to look away but couldn't manage it and after the third time gave me a nod and a shoulder shrug.

At that point I realised that this was only the first of many times that Norf would come to regret the decision to win the Round 24 game and draft the uncontested ball user instead of the hungry young kid who sidesteps veteran taggers at will.
When you say you 'turned to Norf' and that 'The Norf' tried to look away.... who exactly do you mean?

Last edited:
Pretty balanced performance yesterday. Didn't rely on individuals. Didn't take 30 perfect disposals from Merrett. Langford didn't carve them up, so Wright did. Got smashed in clearances and still won by 40. Was far from our best footy, but was never in doubt. It's the first time in my adult life that I think it's more likely we improve as the season goes on than drop off.
They haven't really got anyone to play on the bigger forwards, for some reason

The positive I saw is Essendon won this game based on team defence. North were incapable to get the ball moving from their back half. Essendons Previous games vs north are usually shootouts.

We have come along way in that department since last year and even round 1 vs hawthorn.

we played shit.

need to do better against these type of teams

anyways Ben McKay has almost got the same amount of wins with North in 8 years as he has with us in 10 rounds.

throw-heads-back-comes-the-part.gif

With respect to one of the two coaches that gave votes on this game, them both thinking Peter Wright was the best man on the ground is perplexing to say the absolute least

Norfs GF late in the season, Sir Benny McKay smashes 2MP and then fast forward to this season and both bookends are just about 1/2 for best on.
Elisha Cuthbert Reaction GIF

With respect to one of the two coaches that gave votes on this game, them both thinking Peter Wright was the best man on the ground is perplexing to say the absolute least
in a game with very few match winners, he was clearly the difference between the two sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back