Preview Rd9 St Kilda v Geelong Sat 14th May 2022 @ Colonial 435 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player who is trying to play that role at the moment is Miers but his kicking and body size are a real limitation.

Miers has his attributes but i suspect that he will be passed by more versatile players. He has a goal kicking nous and can run..but his style is limiting. I think he has been passed in his best role by Stengle. Id rather put games into others like MK as I think he will quickly become useful. He has a tank and can offer marking link player. This game will give us an idea if he is ready or needs more time.

Miers has his attributes but i suspect that he will be passed by more versatile players. He has a goal kicking nous and can run..but his style is limiting. I think he has been passed in his best role by Stengle. Id rather put games into others like MK as I think he will quickly become useful. He has a tank and can offer marking link player. This game will give us an idea if he is ready or needs more time.
I’m content for others to go past Miers, at least until he shows he can overcome his limitations. I think once Menegola and Rohan are back he will find himself in the VFL and he’s going to have to find a way to break back in with either lots of goals or 20+ possession games where is hitting 80% of targets.

I’m content for others to go past Miers, at least until he shows he can overcome his limitations. I think once Menegola and Rohan are back he will find himself in the VFL and he’s going to have to find a way to break back in with either lots of goals or 20+ possession games where is hitting 80% of targets.

I could see him looking at his options. Close and Stengle will not be the last to go past him.

I could see him looking at his options. Close and Stengle will not be the last to go past him.

Gryan seems to be a victim of his limited technique and our faster ball movement , agree with the 2 above being better suited.
I also think Rohan will benefit from quicker forward 50 entries as he's very good on the lead and in a 1 : 1 marking situation - pressure is also in his DNA.

Gryan seems to be a victim of his limited technique and our faster ball movement , agree with the 2 above being better suited.
I also think Rohan will benefit from quicker forward 50 entries as he's very good on the lead and in a 1 : 1 marking situation - pressure is also in his DNA.

Im not sure what we do with Rohan. I suspect being ahead of the ball is part of the reason he has these games where he goes missing.He should be able to do what Duncan has behind the ball but that has never worked in the past in Syd.

Im not sure what we do with Rohan. I suspect being ahead of the ball is part of the reason he has these games where he goes missing.He should be able to do what Duncan has behind the ball but that has never worked in the past in Syd.

I think he has a role to play as a marking/lead option deep but could be more effective with quicker less crowded F50 entries.
With our slow ball movement he was often flying in a pack and would compete ( Tom never jumps) but seldom complete the mark. With Cameron up the ground I think he is the 3rd tall we need , can't relief ruck but is a definite goal threat.

I think he has a role to play as a marking/lead option deep but could be more effective with quicker less crowded F50 entries.
With our slow ball movement he was often flying in a pack and would compete ( Tom never jumps) but seldom complete the mark. With Cameron up the ground I think he is the 3rd tall we need , can't relief ruck but is a definite goal threat.

In a way I see Cameron as a very similar player. He can go missing as well. I think Rohans talent has been his down fall in a way. He has shown glimpses beyond what he can produce every week. Id like to see him in a role where he gets taken to the ball. He would be a difficult players to get away from as a tagger...but he is probably too loose for that. It will be interesting what the do as he is too talented to stay in the twos for too long.

His only played what 4 games? I'm not sure if you can say how he cant translate to AFL after only playing that many games...

Evans does need for example 4 , 5 games in a row to get a bit of continuity to get the feeling he belongs out there...

People expect most players to show what they can be like within there first game or 2.
I can remember O'Connor first game, most on here thought he be delisted at the end of the year
I just don’t see it with him. If he breaks through then great, but far from convinced.
Hell, I’d have played him in front of O’Connor who has been pretty average this season. Seems some get a freer ride than others.
He played well on Greene on the weekend.

Bews out. Sensible re-shuffle this week.

I know it’s pie in the sky, but wouldn’t it be nice to see Rohan come back at the pointy end and kick bags in the finals to finally get the monkey off the back. Maybe that’s the secret plan!

Pleasantly surprised to see Knevitt stepping up as a first year player,....obviously a very good pick decision by the club.

This is right up there with the worst posts I’ve seen on this board. Of course position matters. You gonna play Tomahawk in a back pocket?

You can’t just shoehorn Stephens into the team in any role. If he plays HFF then he forces Stengle/Close/Miers out of that role, all who play a role Stephens can’t play.

He played okay in his first game, he didn’t star, and he was the logical out for Selwood to come back in.
Correct..he got replaced postionally by Selwood. If you are gonna be replaced by someone.. it’s fair .
Don’t get me wrong.. I want Cooper back out there.. And he will be.. he’s just not keeping Selwood out.

And I’m guessing they view Narke as outside or wing/forward more than inside.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game day beeeeeeches

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back