Preview Rd9 St Kilda v Geelong Sat 14th May 2022 @ Colonial 435 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great great win last week.

Some guile and experience missing replaced youth and enthusiasm.

Was great to see.

Week 2 for the youth can sometimes be the deceleration trauma causing thud of reality however -will it be the case here?

Lets hope not.

Fair chance Selwood will come in, and Bews will be a certain out.

What other changes if any will happen?!?

WE tend to play OK at Telstra Dome - can we keep the upstarting Saints in check?

WE shall see

GO Catters

Big win, hard to drop anyone from that.

Lol jokes. Subject to change but initial thoughts are:

Out: Narkle, Miers, Bews
In: Selwood, Stanley, Knevitt
Sub: Narkle

Blitz might have to play key back most of the game with their forwards. Hawkins might need a rest. Sav probably in for Hawkins makes logical sense but Sav hasn't played now for a while so may need to come back through the 2s to build fitness. Might be Neale's time to shine.

If Stanley I still out we might be in trouble here

Edit: Totally forgot Bews was even playing on the weekend. Obviously out eith concussion and give Evans another swing at it

Last edited:
IN: Stanley, Selwood
OUT: Bews (inj), take your pick of older guys for a rest (Smith?)

Keep Knevitt as sub, Stephens stays in 22. Happy to rest Smith (or maybe Tuohy but I like what Tuohy's bringing at the moment) and give Narkle another run under the roof.

Still plenty of mystery around Henry's foot, Scott's presser late last week made it sound like he was due to return in the short-term.

Big win, hard to drop anyone from that.

Lol jokes. Subject to change but initial thoughts are:

Out: Narkle, Miers, Evans
In: Selwood, Stanley, Knevitt
Sub: Narkle

Blitz might have to play key back most of the game with their forwards. Hawkins might need a rest. Sav probably in for Hawkins makes logical sense but Sav hasn't played now for a while so may need to come back through the 2s to build fitness. Might be Neale's time to shine.

If Stanley I still out we might be in trouble here

Bews will be out with concussion i suspect and i doubt narkle makes the 23.

Sav or neale will have to play if stanley doesnt get up as we will need blitz back on king and marshall.

Selwood stanley higgins in i suspect and bews (inj) narkle and evans out. Either miers or knevitt sub.

But who knows with our injury list it really depends how many fit players we have.
We might rest an older player whos played every game if we have enough guys coming backfrom injury this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bews will be out with concussion i suspect and i doubt narkle makes the 23.

Sav or neale will have to play if stanley doesnt get up as we will need blitz back on king and marshall.

Selwood stanley higgins in i suspect and bews (inj) narkle and evans out. Either miers or knevitt sub.

But who knows with our injury list it really depends how many fit players we have.
We might rest an older player whos played every game if we have enough guys coming backfrom injury this week.
Thanks I had completely forgotten about Bews

The old 8 point game this week
Absolutely. Would be nice to jag it, after dropping one of these against Freo in our last home game.

We will have to be better than we were against the Giants. But that is quite possible. Won't get such a free ride in how the game is set up either.

Really good test of where we're at.

Absolutely. Would be nice to jag it, after dropping one of these against Freo in our last home game.

We will have to be better than we were against the Giants. But that is quite possible. Won't get such a free ride in how the game is set up either.

Really good test of where we're at.
The ******* Dorks game is the one that hurts they had done nothing before and nothing since and we made them look like a top 4 side.

The one confirmed out for now is Bews, other changes may depend on who's available to come in

We gave Dangerfield 2 weeks off due to a cork calf, so depending on training load this week we may see Selwood missing a second consecutive match

Thinking they'd like to see Stanley available to take over in the ruck, but if he's not good to go wonder if we'll see a fourth debutant this year in Neale - seems he's been taking on an increased roll in the ruck at VFL level the past couple of weeks, maybe in preparation for a senior debut

Actually i would prefer the game away from Docklands - Footscray and StK can be dangerous opponents their - get them on a real ground and neither of them are much good

Blicavs stays 2nd ruck/utllity where he plays sensational football - the much vaunted Max King against Melb 4 possessions for 2 goals - his direct opponent Steven May 16 possessions - and 6 direct score involvements

Just a comment on Narkle - i watched Jermaine Jones early in the year ( before he got injured ) and it was a brand new JJ ( id have him back at Geel in that condition ) he was super fit - and as a result quick - lightning quick - he was never like that in his previous years at either WC or Geel - he probably did it to save his career - well Narkle has to do the same thing if he wants to save his career - he is half fit

Jed Bews - i dont think he is an automatic out - that dog elbow from Hogan - i thought it got him on the jaw - but being super careful they took him off etc

Changes - the outs Evans Narkle - and Miers has to go - absolutely sick of Miers - he prances and dances around like your Auntys pet White Poodle and thats about all he does at the moment

The ins - Stanley and Selwood - automatic inclusions - and with Miers going out - and Geel have still got 2 small forwards in Stengle and Close and that is enough - thus i would bring in Gary Rohan - his finals record is no good whatsoever - however his H/A form was ok to good - and last year i heard Oppo coaches say - Geel have got that dangerous 3 pronged attack - and they did and he was part of it - he will offer so much more than Evans or Miers who do buggger all . Rohan has had 2 hitouts in the VFL - i heard H Taylor say last year - that Rohan is lightning quick - and the quickest bloke on the list - so he will come to hand quickly - so i want him in this week

The ******* Dorks game is the one that hurts they had done nothing before and nothing since and we made them look like a top 4 side.
Terrible loss, I agree. Have now lost five out of their last six. But managed to walk all over us in the last quarter of a game we had back under control.

That capitulation may well cost us dearly in terms of ladder position by the end of the season.

The one confirmed out for now is Bews, other changes may depend on who's available to come in

We gave Dangerfield 2 weeks off due to a cork calf, so depending on training load this week we may see Selwood missing a second consecutive match

Thinking they'd like to see Stanley available to take over in the ruck, but if he's not good to go wonder if we'll see a fourth debutant this year in Neale - seems he's been taking on an increased roll in the ruck at VFL level the past couple of weeks, maybe in preparation for a senior debut

Exciting times seeing these kids being introduced. They’ve added some real enthusiasm to the group. With De Koning, Holmes and Close we have 3 genuine 200 game players. I’m also confident that both Stephens and Knevitt will forge useful careers. Dempsey could be anything but needs a couple of pre seasons. Looking forward to hopefully seeing both Neale and N.Stevens debut over the course of the year too.

If we achieve that the season has been successful regardless of where we finish on the ladder.

Having been at Arden Street for the first half, Neale is physically capable now of playing seniors and playing a role in the forward line. Rucking would be more difficult but he is big enough to at least compete.

Actually i would prefer the game away from Docklands - Footscray and StK can be dangerous opponents their - get them on a real ground and neither of them are much good

Blicavs stays 2nd ruck/utllity where he plays sensational football - the much vaunted Max King against Melb 4 possessions for 2 goals - his direct opponent Steven May 16 possessions - and 6 direct score involvements

Just a comment on Narkle - i watched Jermaine Jones early in the year ( before he got injured ) and it was a brand new JJ ( id have him back at Geel in that condition ) he was super fit - and as a result quick - lightning quick - he was never like that in his previous years at either WC or Geel - he probably did it to save his career - well Narkle has to do the same thing if he wants to save his career - he is half fit

Jed Bews - i dont think he is an automatic out - that dog elbow from Hogan - i thought it got him on the jaw - but being super careful they took him off etc

Changes - the outs Evans Narkle - and Miers has to go - absolutely sick of Miers - he prances and dances around like your Auntys pet White Poodle and thats about all he does at the moment

The ins - Stanley and Selwood - automatic inclusions - and with Miers going out - and Geel have still got 2 small forwards in Stengle and Close and that is enough - thus i would bring in Gary Rohan - his finals record is no good whatsoever - however his H/A form was ok to good - and last year i heard Oppo coaches say - Geel have got that dangerous 3 pronged attack - and they did and he was part of it - he will offer so much more than Evans or Miers who do buggger all . Rohan has had 2 hitouts in the VFL - i heard H Taylor say last year - that Rohan is lightning quick - and the quickest bloke on the list - so he will come to hand quickly - so i want him in this week

Bews is an automatic out as he was subbed out due to concussion - under the leagues concussion protocols, it's an automatic 12 day break and considering it's his second concussion in a couple of months, the club may play it safe with his return

"Bews didn't return to the game due to concussion protocols, meaning medi-sub Mitch Knevitt joined Cooper Stephens as Geelong's two debutants for the day."

Don't see us winning this one, as the Saints are quick and will be even quicker under the roof. Saints by 23 for mine, but will be pleasantly surprised if we do pull off a win

AFAIK, Bews was concussion subbed out and thus thats an automatic 12 days regardless - thus he's out.
If he was subbed for a broken jaw - in theory he could play but clearly the busted mandible would have words to say there... as mumbled as they may be lol.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back