RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Signed at Riddell weeks ago.

Not sure how they will fit everyone under the points, but massive pick up for them

Current Premiership Odds

Riddell $1.30
Diggers Rest $3.20
Kyneton $4.00
Wallen $5.50
Romsey $11
Macedon $21
Lancefield $34
Woodend $51
Melton $67
$3.20 Diggers Rest 🤤

Signed at Riddell weeks ago.

Not sure how they will fit everyone under the points, but massive pick up for them

Current Premiership Odds

Riddell $1.30
Diggers Rest $3.20
Kyneton $4.00
Wallen $5.50
Romsey $11
Macedon $21
Lancefield $34
Woodend $51
Melton $67

Riddell spending $240k plus they should be $1.01

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And yet still not as much as Wallan are paying "Coach" Chris Stewart. :tearsofjoy:
To be fair to Wallan they have slowly built over time under Nolan and never really gone out on a massive recruiting spree.
Stewart 5 years too late IMO but the price tag was probably unrealistic then. Nolan has helped develop a lot of young players into regular Senior footballers and kept Wallan in contention. Be surprised if they were the big spenders in this comp.

Riddell need to win. Gone out and recruited old big name players well past their prime, not to say they won’t be good, but will they all hold up and stay on the park ? If they have paid $240k for that list Crazy Maggie then it’s flag or bust, also got some people in charge with little idea of market value.

Diggers Rest firm favs for me. Already had the list and added two rippers in Shaun Campbell and Campbell Wearne who are not only quality experienced players but both known as great teammates. Wallan & Kyneton next for me, Riddell to round out top 4. Anyone of Woodend, Romsey, Macedon to fall into 5th

Old big name players? Last time I checked Stewart and Galea are the same age...I guess time will tell what's what ;)
Seen few better local players than Dean in his prime, always doubled team and always came out on top, but Father Time catches up with everyone and his past 2 seasons he has been vastly different player. Swallow really slowed down last season and body failed, when did Dylan Pods last play ? In a much earlier post I stated the same about Stewart, he was a shadow of his former self out of the EK goalsquare last season.
All opinions in March PP, time will prove someone correct

Riddell spending $240k plus they should be $1.01

What a ridiculous, dangerous thing to say.
With salary caps being closely scrutinised why would anyone go over?
If you did the math, you'd understand that $240,000 divided by 16 (rounds played) is $15,000. Divide that by 22 and you get $682 per player, per match.
If you understood the RDFL, you'd realise that no team in the competition (even if there were no caps as the money isn't there) is paying every single player on their list $10,900 a year.
I'd be surprised if Diggers, Wallan, Riddell, Kyneton etc would pay more than five people that amount or more.
These numbers people just make up and throw out there hurt the leagues teams. So maybe just recruit better and earlier so you don't have sour grapes.
Cue the abuse....

If you did the math, you'd understand that $240,000 divided by 16 (rounds played) is $15,000. Divide that by 22 and you get $682 per player, per match.
If you understood the RDFL, you'd realise that no team in the competition (even if there were no caps as the money isn't there) is paying every single player on their list $10,900 a year.
I'd be surprised if Diggers, Wallan, Riddell, Kyneton etc would pay more than five people that amount or more.
These numbers people just make up and throw out there hurt the leagues teams. So maybe just recruit better and earlier so you don't have sour grapes.
Cue the abuse....

It’s only dangerous if you get caught

Cue the abuse....
Don’t worry too much about what that poster has to say. He hasn’t contributed one intelligent post to this forum.

Seen few better local players than Dean in his prime, always doubled team and always came out on top, but Father Time catches up with everyone and his past 2 seasons he has been vastly different player. Swallow really slowed down last season and body failed, when did Dylan Pods last play ? In a much earlier post I stated the same about Stewart, he was a shadow of his former self out of the EK goalsquare last season.

I can only imagine how good those two must have been in their prime. Dean was good last year after starting shaky and looking frustrated. After 1 game I can already see just what Stewart's going to bring to Wallan.

I agree with Brent, but I'm sure Skip will manage him well. Pods played 16 games last year, the last one in the PF.`I maintain Cannon will easily be their best recruit.

I can only imagine how good those two must have been in their prime. Dean was good last year after starting shaky and looking frustrated. After 1 game I can already see just what Stewart's going to bring to Wallan.

I agree with Brent, but I'm sure Skip will manage him well. Pods played 16 games last year, the last one in the PF.`I maintain Cannon will easily be their best recruit.
Cannon and Chahine both good players and good recruits. I did mean Todd Podz, rather than Dylan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is accurate and why Dean & Chris have decided to end their careers in a much lower grade of footy(while still being paid very, very good coin)... Both will be very good players in this Comp!

Comfortable win for Wallan today. Still plenty to do ahead of round 1 and guys to come back in. Stewart, the other one, constantly hit his targets coming out of defence and I thought Layley was terrific in the forward line and Morris worked really hard. Good effort by a young Westy side too.

Roll on round 1.

What’s the crowd at kyneton going to be Good Friday for their first hitout in RDFL ? Anyone know if a bus is going from maggy land ? Will be great to see that footy is finally back.

What’s the crowd at kyneton going to be Good Friday for their first hitout in RDFL ? Anyone know if a bus is going from maggy land ? Will be great to see that footy is finally back.

3-4000 expected , they would have the biggest supporters in country football.

Thought you would have been off to Castlemaine to watch your second fav side Crazy as they are playing same day

I’m predicting 4000 at the Showgrounds
Every man and his dog that I have spoken to seem to be going

Hearing Kyneton have been hit hard by injuries in the last week or so and Woodend have picked up a couple late inclusions so Shaping to be a cracker to kick the season off

Thought you would have been off to Castlemaine to watch your second fav side Crazy as they are playing same day

I’m predicting 4000 at the Showgrounds
Every man and his dog that I have spoken to seem to be going

Hearing Kyneton have been hit hard by injuries in the last week or so and Woodend have picked up a couple late inclusions so Shaping to be a cracker to kick the season off

I’m going to both - got a driver. I’ll be as full as the maines car park

What are you basing that on..that they have the biggest supporter numbers in country footy?
Yes I’ve been to a lot of country football, and Kyneton is by far the biggest I’ve seen, the Good Friday’s they used to play against gisborne would be a grand final crowd anywhere else, looking forward to heading there on Friday , if anyone needs a car park I suggest you get there at 9am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back