RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought that East Sunbury were ripe for the picking for the RDFL when they couldn’t get a team up in 2022 I thought last year they would come across but they didn’t. I have played in the EDFL and I didn’t enjoy it at all. I don’t no what the fascination is personally, the better you get the more money you need to be competitive the more you step up. Rupo looked like they could have nearly made it to premier but once you get to premier you have to spend $50 grand more to stay competitive without no gate sales and 10 people from the opposition coming to watch you.

More like if you aren’t Strathmore and Keillor you have to spend $350k

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would East Sunbury be interested in moving to the league?

Seems like whoever moves back into the RDFL first between East Sunbury, Rupertswood and Sunbury Kangaroos will get a leg up on the others.

Castlemaine would be a good shout as it looks like Kyneton will be a big success for the league. No doubt they’ll be watching their neighbours down the round in 2024 and could look to follow knowing they don’t need to outlay as much to be competitive in the league.

Kyneton playing with 26 player points on Good Friday shows a very sustainable approach and from all reports they’ll be a top 3 side.
Unfortunately the same approach would be much more difficult on field in the Bendigo League.
East Sunbury used to have a point of difference by being the only Sunbury team in the EDFL and gained alot of players as a result. They've struggled for numbers since the Kangas and Rupo moved across so maybe the point of difference might be an advantage again. Reckon it's too soon for Rupo and Kangas. They would have too many people who were pivital in the decision making to move out of the RDFL still involved at the clubs. For either of them to move back, people would have to admit they were wrong and that's unlikely to happen. That said, Kangas juniors are still in RDFL and Rupo's are leaving in mass after 16s to play 17s in the local RDFL clubs which makes getting 18.5 teams up more difficult than it should be at both clubs.

I think Kilmore should have still been in the rdfl yes they were struggling but 10 mins up the road from wallan 20 mins from lancefield and if broadford were still around there’s a few local games

In time hopefully they would have improved but going to div 3 in the nfnl has seemed to rejuvenate them
The way Kilmore is going with no Under 17s, Under 19s in 2024,
I think they would be better suited to the RDFL. Maybe attract some players back from Heathcote and players from Wallan who didn't want to play in the NFNL.

SWOOPINGTIME

Awesome night down at Wallan for the season launch. Interesting hearing Ben Roarty talk and the impact a career in RL took on his body.

Pretty young side named to play Romsey, but an excellent mix of older players to guide them around the park. Nice to be back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some close results today which is great - my Maggies just a bit lost with some young kids and romsey played well

Apparently Macedon took it right up to riddell which is great - we’re expecting 15 goal loss

Lancefield only 9 goals approx against the premiership favourites / great effort

A great year ahead - I’d have woodend as favourites to knock off macedon next week

Some close results today which is great - my Maggies just a bit lost with some young kids and romsey played well

Apparently Macedon took it right up to riddell which is great - we’re expecting 15 goal loss

Lancefield only 9 goals approx against the premiership favourites / great effort

A great year ahead - I’d have woodend as favourites to knock off macedon next week

Why does the oval at Wallan have long dead stripes that go across the ground? It was the same last year.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Riddell's player points 35/43, not nearly as bad as some poeple thought.

Well done on that one.

Complete tale of two halves at Wallan. Should've been over at halftime, but to Romsey's credit they came out firing and Wallan had no answers. It doesn't get any easier up against the two red hot favourites next either.

Well done on that one.

Complete tale of two halves at Wallan. Should've been over at halftime, but to Romsey's credit they came out firing and Wallan had no answers. It doesn't get any easier up against the two red hot favourites next either.

Pity not to have any live scores available. The downside to PlayHQ although this should be something the league should be doing on its social media platforms.

Yep 100% mate live scores would be perfect. Macedon are pretty young and they gave 150% effort. Riddell had glimpses of brilliance but would fumble here and there a lot of the players looked nervous, I'm sure they will gell & settle.

Yep 100% mate live scores would be perfect. Macedon are pretty young and they gave 150% effort. Riddell had glimpses of brilliance but would fumble here and there a lot of the players looked nervous, I'm sure they will gell & settle.

I thought it was typical game 1 also.

Very impressed with Owen Fowler. Plays way above his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back