RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm deciding on what game to watch.... diggers V riddell or Sunbury Kangas v Burnside. I think the first option will be an absolute beauty!

Highgate, Roxy or Diggers for me. Might stream the RDFNL game and head to Craigieburn v Oak Park which should be a good contest for the most part.

Riddell by 12 points vs DR
Macedon by 30 points vs Lanny
Kyneton by 25 points vs Melton
Romsey by 17 points vs Woodend

Kyneton with a new recruit, I'm pretty sure he's based interstate....Kyneton might be getting a bit desperate after underestimating our League.

"Welcome to Tigerland Josh Smith!

Josh is a tough inside bull who loves to hunt the football. He played all his football with Greenvale. His decorated EDFL career includes 2 senior premierships, a runner up best and fairest plus an under 18s best and fairest."

Kyneton with a new recruit, I'm pretty sure he's based interstate....Kyneton might be getting a bit desperate after underestimating our League.

"Welcome to Tigerland Josh Smith!

Josh is a tough inside bull who loves to hunt the football. He played all his football with Greenvale. His decorated EDFL career includes 2 senior premierships, a runner up best and fairest plus an under 18s best and fairest."
Underestimating the league

Can you elaborate?

I thought it was always there intentions to play locals and develop there kids, playing most weeks with 23-25 points shows this

I think they were quite aware of the quality of the league or they wouldn’t have moved. They didn’t make the move expecting to come and win the next 35 premierships.

From what I have heard - they wouldn’t have just recruited Smith because they were desperate. He obviously fits the type of person they want to bring into the club and will be interesting to see how he goes today. I see Mahoney is in for his first game as well today, who I assume would be there best midfielder

I’m off to Diggers to what could be match of the year to date.
For what it’s worth Diggers by 36 for me

A good team will always beat good individuals.

Will post report tonight

In my opinion they would be desperate to save face and make finals, I highly doubt they joined our league not expecting too. With some of the chat in here early days you would have thought they were flag favourites!

You're 100% right they did come in to play locals and develop kids because they thought the league was weak and they didn't have to do anything else, lets give it this season and see how many recruits they have next season? You might be correct.

My comment is more aimed at the flag favourite posts than the club itself.

In my opinion they would be desperate to save face and make finals, I highly doubt they joined our league not expecting too. With some of the chat in here early days you would have thought they were flag favourites!

You're 100% right they did come in to play locals and develop kids because they thought the league was weak and they didn't have to do anything else, lets give it this season and see how many recruits they have next season? You might be correct.

My comment is more aimed at the flag favourite posts than the club itself.
I don’t think that’s 1% correct they came into the league thinking they would win in by playing locals cause the league is weak.
They couldn’t me any more impressed with the professionalism and everything that came with moving across

Yes finals would be a minimum they would be expecting - so will be a big second half of the year for them

Can you elaborate?

I thought it was always there intentions to play locals and develop there kids, playing most weeks with 23-25 points shows this

I think they were quite aware of the quality of the league or they wouldn’t have moved. They didn’t make the move expecting to come and win the next 35 premierships.

From what I have heard - they wouldn’t have just recruited Smith because they were desperate. He obviously fits the type of person they want to bring into the club and will be interesting to see how he goes today. I see Mahoney is in for his first game as well today, who I assume would be there best midfielder

Will post report tonight

Can you elaborate?

Will post report tonight
Played with 34 points today.
Got more than one recruit in to boost points up from there 25 average over opening rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got more than one recruit in to boost points up from there 25 average over opening rounds.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but looks like 3 points was from a player who had already played in the reserves and had to double up after Huntley did a hamstring in the warm up and another 4 pointer was from a kid who came across from Woodend to play with his mates in the reserves, but with 7 regulars out of Kyneton senior side today he was picked

Wouldn’t say they have gone in an brought recruits

Cracking Game at Diggers today.
Can’t see anyone getting within 10 goals of either side.

The two sides really hate each other don’t they.

Heard from a Riddell contact today Matt Derby has signed with Ridell from Avondale Heights. Huge inclusion will prob be the best player in the league.

What was the incident with the diggers rest runner getting yellow carded?
Riddell still have a few to come back in, will be a cracking match up come the pointy end of the year.

Yeah it will be a classic. Battle of the heavyweights. In awe of how they manage to fit so many quality players in and be under $100k cap - some real loyalty shown there by the looks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cracking Game at Diggers today.
Can’t see anyone getting within 10 goals of either side.

The two sides really hate each other don’t they.

Heard from a Riddell contact today Matt Derby has signed with Ridell from Avondale Heights. Huge inclusion will prob be the best player in the league.
Seen him live a few weeks back, I wouldn’t be expecting too much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back