RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cracking Game at Diggers today.
Can’t see anyone getting within 10 goals of either side.

The two sides really hate each other don’t they.

Heard from a Riddell contact today Matt Derby has signed with Ridell from Avondale Heights. Huge inclusion will prob be the best player in the league.
been a fairly good player down here so if riddell still have room inside whatever your salary cap is then why not go for it. he would be 30 now i reckon so priorities change and seeing locals return home is always a positibe

Played with 34 points today.
Got more than one recruit in to boost points up from there 25 average over opening rounds.
Anyone know if Lancefield are starting to look at some midseason recruits

A few were pretty bullish on them at the start of the year with who they had re recruited and there young locals

At this stage would take a minor miracle for them to win a game this year…. What’s gone wrong at Tigerland at this year.

I know the easy answer will be depleated by injuries -but every club has as en extensive injury list.

1. The U/19.5 competition shall be a 16 player per side competition with up to six (6) players on the interchange bench. If numbers of both teams are sufficient, and both competing clubs agree each team may have up to 18 players on the playing surface at any time with up to four (4) players on the interchange.
Just a little reminder of the rules for the under 19.5 comp.

1. The U/19.5 competition shall be a 16 player per side competition with up to six (6) players on the interchange bench. If numbers of both teams are sufficient, and both competing clubs agree each team may have up to 18 players on the playing surface at any time with up to four (4) players on the interchange.
Just a little reminder of the rules for the under 19.5 comp.
Assume your reffering to Macedon not playing by the rules yesterday in the 19.5s

Shocked that they would do anything dodgy unless it involves a Toyota Corolla

been a fairly good player down here so if riddell still have room inside whatever your salary cap is then why not go for it. he would be 30 now i reckon so priorities change and seeing locals return home is always a positibe
The original post suggested “best player in the league”, that’s what I was responding too. He will be a handy addition

Assume your reffering to Macedon not playing by the rules yesterday in the 19.5s

Shocked that they would do anything dodgy unless it involves a Toyota Corolla
Macedon... I'm still waiting on a few pairs of shorts I've ordered and paid for almost 4 months ago. They seem to take for ever to reply to messages and when they do its the same old excuse. Not sure if I'll get them to be honest lol

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could a castlemaine from bendigo league move to the rdfl where they could be competetive with the bottom teams, Lancefield, melton, Gizzy Giants? Or is Castlemaine getting a bit far away geographically?

I reckon that Castlemaine would be watching Kyneton's move closely and going by the Bendigo thread, there is a lot of resentment to the way the league is being run.

Just had a look on maps
Castlemaine to Kyneton - 30 mins
Castlemaine to Woodend & Macedon - 40-45mins
Castlemaine to Lancefield, Romsey, Gisborne & Riddells Ck within 50 mins
Castlemaine to Diggers Rest 1 hr
Castlemaine to Wallan and Melton Centrals 1hr 10m

No idea how they'd fare but considering the Riddell League appears to have lower fees than the AFL affiliated leagues and has settled as a whole since Broadford left it could be worth a discussion.

I reckon that Castlemaine would be watching Kyneton's move closely and going by the Bendigo thread, there is a lot of resentment to the way the league is being run.

Just had a look on maps

No idea how they'd fare but considering the Riddell League appears to have lower fees than the AFL affiliated leagues and has settled as a whole since Broadford left it could be worth a discussion.
Remove Melton centrals and add Gissy Giants, Castlemaine and Sunbury Kangas. RDFNL, get it done.

Not great results for the juniors in the interleague. Good luck for the rest of the games.

Should be a reasonably predictable round on the weekend, maybe.

Diggers by 12 over Kyenton
Wallan by 46 over Lancefield
Melton by 10 over Woodend
Romsey by 18 over Macedon

Not great results for the juniors in the interleague. Good luck for the rest of the games.

Diggers by 25
Wallan by 60
Woodend by 12
Macedon by 1

Hey mate, bit of vision on Instagram local footy fights round 2 Diggers v Wallan 19s. 😄😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diggers by 49
Wallan by 33
Woodend by 28
Macedon by 4

Hey mate, bit of vision on Instagram local footy fights round 2 Diggers v Wallan 19s. 😄😄

Hand bags at 50 paces. I have little time for blokes who come in from behind, never mind putting the knee into someone on the ground.

Just had a look on maps

there's some country leagues way out that are travelling a lot further than that so it might be do-able

Rupo whinged and bitched about the league for years before leaving, then the president on the way out said they had “outgrown the competition”.
Sunbury Kangas didn't want Netball, has that changed ?
It’s not the league’s responsibility to welcome those clubs back with open arms because it’s proven a poor decision. More clubs does not equal better comp. The RDFNL has bounced back and thriving only years after most were predicting its eventual doom.

Rupo whinged and bitched about the league for years before leaving, then the president on the way out said they had “outgrown the competition”.
Sunbury Kangas didn't want Netball, has that changed ?
It’s not the league’s responsibility to welcome those clubs back with open arms because it’s proven a poor decision. More clubs does not equal better comp. The RDFNL has bounced back and thriving only years after most were predicting its eventual doom.

Anyone get to Kyneton vs Diggers. Looked a good game by 1/4 by 1/4 scores. How’d Joshy Smith go?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back