Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No. I made it, thought "hey that looks pretty good", tasted some... and it was gone very soon thereafter. It never stood a chance of lasting any good amount of time, not least to be photographed. I can assure you it was delicious though.

You haven't been fishing in this weather yet?
We've had some ok boating days but I've been sadly lacking in either corresponding days off or friends having days off when I am.
I caught a few legal sized KG's off the rocks on Tuesday though :)

Okay. That sounds freaking fabulous! Just plain roo steaks, or marinated?
And photos GTG, we needs them.:)
Lol. No photos sorry. The meal didn't last long enough to be photographed!

Just a salt & pepper rub on the Roo.

The salad was dressed with Sumac & this nice extra virgin olive oil blend from http://www.varapodioestate.com.au/

The sauce was the pan juices + butter, mushroom, spring onion & garlic.

Lol. No photos sorry. The meal didn't last long enough to be photographed!

Just a salt & pepper rub on the Roo.

The salad was dressed with Sumac & this nice extra virgin olive oil blend from http://www.varapodioestate.com.au/

The sauce was the pan juices + butter, mushroom, spring onion & garlic.
I eat roo meat a fair bit, use them instead of lamb chops. It can be unforgiving if you cook it wrong but when you get it right? Amazing flavour.

Roast porkbelly tonight. Steamed baby potatoes with caramelised honey & thyme Brussel sprouts.
Yummy!
Duck breast for me + my fennel, mint, walnut, apple slaw

Yummy!
OMG that sounds fantastic.

I bought a jar of duck fat today. Have spent the afternoon imagining what my chips are going to taste like...when I eventually get around to cooking them.

Yummy!
Love duck. It's such a great flavour.

I reckon if the weather there is like it is here (bloody peachy) then that with a good glass of plonk (or anty g&t) would be a cracking way to enjoy the late arvo/sunset Maxi. Enjoy!

Mmmm. I like the sound of caramelised honey & thyme brussies!!
They're delicious! Cook the sprouts for about 5 mins, then blanch them in ice water. Cut in half. Cook in butter until they caramelize then add 2 tablespoons of honey & 2 of thyme.

dinner.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooking fish on the pan

Olive oil or coconut oil ?

Or any other suggestions

Cheers

want it crispy
Does it have any skin? What sort of fish?
I'd go the coconut oil, turn pan up high and when it starts to smoke put skin side down, give it a few minutes then take it out, by which time skin would be crispy and whack it in the oven for about 6 mins or so, depending on the thickness of the fillets.

Does it have any skin? What sort of fish?
I'd go the coconut oil, turn pan up high and when it starts to smoke put skin side down, give it a few minutes then take it out, by which time skin would be crispy and whack it in the oven for about 6 mins or so, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
Barramundi

Reckon that's the best tasting white fish ?

Barramundi

Reckon that's the best tasting white fish ?
:heart: Barramundi.
The fresher the fish, the better it tastes. Had some snapper we cooked on the beach and to this day I will still say it was some of the best fish I've ever tasted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back