Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Potluck Salad

Got a few peeps coming over this Sunday for BBQ.
If your looking for salad recipes for a crowd
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cooking-style/potluck-recipes/potluck-salads-to-feed-a-crowd#23

Serving up the Balsamic green bean salad, our family's potatoe salad recipe and a Greek salad.
On the BBQ:
1 whole red snapper
Bulgogi
Sausages
Steak
Corn
Onions, eggs

Dessert:
Blueberry cheesecake
Mud cake
Cheese platter
I'm sure your family potato salad is awesome (family potato salad recipes always are)... But I reckon I'd be mighty tempted to try myself a whole bowl of that "loaded baked potato salad" from that link you posted.

Looks like a fantastic spread!

Good luck & enjoy!

Screenshot_20170707-003240.jpg Screenshot_20170707-002209.jpg Screenshot_20170707-002129.jpg Screenshot_20170707-001815.jpg Screenshot_20170707-002541.jpg

Rolled (boneless) lamb shoulder with pepper gravy/sauce & some greenery.

The Lamb was only smallish but still took 4 hrs. Ate some fatty edges tonight & literally shredded the rest with 2 forks... Can eat it with a spoon (& I might now be) :eek:

Guna mix the remaining shredded lamb with some of the jus/gravy/sauce in a container & set it. Hopefully it sets good enough I can slice it & fry it this weekend... Would be good under an egg for brekky actually. :p

Last edited:
View attachment 389590 View attachment 389585 View attachment 389586 View attachment 389587 View attachment 389588

The Lamb was only smallish but still took 4 hrs. Ate some fatty edges tonight & literally shredded the rest with 2 forks... Can eat it with a spoon (& I might now be) :eek:

Guna mix the remaining shredded lamb with some of the jus/gravy/sauce in a container & set it. Hopefully it sets good enough I can slice it & fry it this weekend... Would be good under an egg for brekky actually. :p
Do you have enough left over for a shepherds pie? I use the leftover gravy in mine too.

Do you have enough left over for a shepherds pie? I use the leftover gravy in mine too.
Yeah reckon I would. Good idea Tickster.

The other thing I'm doing this weekend is making a HUGE pot of soup. I have Beetroots, Carrots, Sweet potato, Garlic, Leeks & Brocolli that all need to be used up... Reckon a handful of shredded lamb might be nice with that too.

#options/decisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 389590 View attachment 389585 View attachment 389586 View attachment 389587 View attachment 389588

Holy s**t mate. That looks so good!

Holy jesus how longs this awesome stuff been here.

CHORIZO AND GARLIC PRAWN PASTA
Surely it is to veal?
Decided. Will go the veal and make the pasta, prawns and chorizo at home.
Chorizo And Garlic Prawn Pasta | Donna Hay

Cheats version: Buy 500g of Frozen garlic & herb prawns. You can add the prawns at the same step in the recipe just cook them for a minute or two longer.

INGREDIENTS​

• 400G WHOLE-GRAIN LINGUINE
  • 300G AIR-DRIED CHORIZO, CHOPPED
  • ¼ CUP (60ML) EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
  • 2 CLOVES GARLIC, THINLY SLICED
  • SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
  • 500G PEELED GREEN (RAW) PRAWNS (SHRIMP), HALVED LENGTHWAYS
  • MICRO (BABY) FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY LEAVES, TO SERVE

METHOD​

1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
  2. Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
  3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic, chorizo, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add the prawn and cook for 4 minutes. Add the pasta, reserved cooking liquid and toss to combine. Serve with parsley. Serves 4.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back