Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New local Indian restaurant in my area (Revesby) has amazing goat curry but i'll definitely give this recipe a try!

I'm going to try cooking more Asian dishes (Chinese and Thai specifically) over the summer...hopefully I can find a kick ass szechuan chicken. Anyone know a good website/book to start off with?
Ooh, that's just 5 minutes away. Ta Shiv. Best curry I've ever had was a goat curry. I keep trying to get to their standard but never quiet make it:(

New local Indian restaurant in my area (Revesby) has amazing goat curry but i'll definitely give this recipe a try!

I'm going to try cooking more Asian dishes (Chinese and Thai specifically) over the summer...hopefully I can find a kick ass szechuan chicken. Anyone know a good website/book to start off with?
SBS website has about 5000 recipes on it, all types There's some good ones on there to have a look at.
http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes

Ooh, that's just 5 minutes away. Ta Shiv. Best curry I've ever had was a goat curry. I keep trying to get to their standard but never quiet make it:(

It's called ozidesi i think? Don't worry, practice makes perfect! If you visit an Indian/middle eastern spice shop then just ask the middle age-elderly looking shop owners/workers and they'll provide you with the best tips :)

Chicken curry with Coriander pesto
Ticky009 what are you whipping up this week? Excite my taste buds for me while i enjoy a bland chicken breast with steamed broccoli
Are you a thigh man? Got some chicken thighs sitting in the freezer I need to cook, so probably something like this http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/246...oriander+pesto?ref=collections,chicken-thighs

Recipe:

• 1 tbsp sunflower oil

• 1 onion, finely chopped

• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped

• 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste

• 800g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes

• 2 tbsp coriander pesto, plus extra to serve (see note)

• 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock

• 400ml coconut milk

• 4-6 small chat potatoes, quartered

• 1-2 tbsp fish sauce, to taste

• Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve

• Coriander leaves, to serve
  • Step 1
    Heat oil

in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat in paste, then stir in pesto, stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until chicken is almost cooked. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until tender. Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
  • Step 2
    Divide the curry among bowls, season, then scatter with coriander and serve with lime and extra coriander pesto if desired.

Last edited:
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One day your lady is gonna access your BF account and you'll be making the news for all the wrong reasons:gun::hammer::seenoevil:
I will just tell her. Im sorry but love knows no boundary. Im with Ticky now. Whilst i enjoy your beautifully tender juicy thighs.

Chicken & Chorizo Paella
Poor Jaime Oliver, getting caned by the Spaniards for using chorizo in a paella.
Chicken and chorizo paella recipe | Jamie Oliver recipes
And yeah, chorizo is strong, and yes it can overwhelm the other flavours but all you have to do it cook it first and only add it at the end, no biggie.

Ingredients​

• 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 onion
  • 1 carrot
  • ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley , (15g)
  • 70 g quality chorizo
  • 2 free-range chicken thighs , skin off, bone out
  • olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 tablespoon tomato purée
  • 1 organic chicken stock cube
  • 300 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 200 g frozen peeled cooked prawns , from sustainable sources
  • 1 lemon

Method​

1. Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
  2. Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
  3. Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
  4. Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
  5. Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
  6. Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
  7. Season to perfection, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.

Tips​

My advice here is simple – delicious as this dish is, if you’re feeling a bit flush, adding six mussels, six clams and any extra bits of fish you can afford is only going to make it even more of a celebration.

Last edited:
Poached egg over Grilled asparagus
So simple and so delicious!
Grilled Asparagus & Poached Egg on Toast | Egg Recipes | Jamie Oliver

Ingredients​

• 2 large slices of good sourdough bread
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 12 spears of asparagus
  • ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
  • 2 large free-range eggs
  • Parmesan cheese
  • 4 sprigs of fresh mint

Method​

1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
  2. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and toast the bread. Move each slice to a plate or board and drizzle with a little oil.
  3. Snap the woody end off the asparagus, then griddle for a few minutes on each side, sprinkle with the paprika and divide between the pieces of toast.
  4. While the asparagus is grilling, poach the eggs in the simmering water for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs and drain, then place them on top of the asparagus.
  5. Grate over the parmesan, then pick and sprinkle over the mint leaves.

Last edited:
4 Recipes: 2 Mexican & 2 Italian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back