Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Revenue sharing sounds nice, but happens if the sport stops making a profit?

What are Cricket Australia's profit forecasts for the next five years. And does this include decent increases in junior development and funds needed to maintain an interest in the game beyond this year's Ashes?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Revenue sharing sounds nice, but happens if the sport stops making a profit?

What are Cricket Australia's profit forecasts for the next five years. And does this include decent increases in junior development and funds needed to maintain an interest in the game beyond this year's Ashes?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The problem is the product is worth less and less every year.
I have no idea why players would want a revenue sharing model on a shrinking pool of revenue.

The product isn't worth less. The domestic tv rights for the home test/one day summer might be worth less but overall the pie is growing (on the back of India and T20).
Isn't that what the revenue based system is built around though ?? Test Cricket that doesn't involve Australia, India or England is a lame duck and ODIs have been for a long time.

Isn't that what the revenue based system is built around though ?? Test Cricket that doesn't involve Australia, India or England is a lame duck and ODIs have been for a long time.
Nah, one dayers are still a massive cash cow. Longer than T20s plus go into prime time. It's why they are still played in copious amounts.

The revenue for tv rights to India is going up massively (eg when India plays here we get the $$$ for them).

Nah, one dayers are still a massive cash cow. Longer than T20s plus go into prime time. It's why they are still played in copious amounts.

The revenue for tv rights to India is going up massively (eg when India plays here we get the $$$ for them).
Do our players benefit from that currently ??

Do our players benefit from that currently ??
Indirectly yes, but not as a % though

I don't know for certain but I'm guessing getting a share of rocketing Indian tv rights is at the heart of this.

Just as an example, naming rights $ for the IPL quadrupled this year.

Indirectly yes, but not as a % though

I don't know for certain but I'm guessing getting a share of rocketing Indian tv rights is at the heart of this.

Just as an example, naming rights $ for the IPL quadrupled this year.

How does the IPL have anything to do with CA contracts?

Their contract with IPL is totally independent? So irrelevant that their rights deal increases.

And how does that impact here when nobody here buys IPL rights?!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How does the IPL have anything to do with CA contracts?

Their contract with IPL is totally independent? So irrelevant that their rights deal increases.

And how does that impact here when nobody here buys IPL rights?!
"Just as an example"

It was an example to show how money for cricket in India is exploding.

Australia gets its slice of this explosion when we sell tv rights for Aus v Ind test, one dayers and T20s played in Australia back to India.

Does anyone remember what the SACA membership fees were last year? Just got my renewal and it's $355 with the associates at $375, feels like a significant jump, especially with the current uncertainty.
I got mine and immediately tried to look for the corresponding letter from last year for interests sake.

Couldn't find it but I agree seems pretty steep

Does anyone remember what the SACA membership fees were last year? Just got my renewal and it's $355 with the associates at $375, feels like a significant jump, especially with the current uncertainty.
They are making the most of the Ashes.

Shouldn't they be saving money, given the players haven't been paid for a month. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got mine and immediately tried to look for the corresponding letter from last year for interests sake.

Couldn't find it but I agree seems pretty steep

I tried checking my bank account, and then remembered I used a different card on it last year and can't get the old bill anymore.

Oh dear. Might have to suit up myself

Sutherland is trying hard to spin it otherwise but the *ers at CA caved, excellent :)

Revenue sharing retained with the changes the ACA wanted and the compromises they were willing to make, including big changes to women's pay and grass roots, and CA got practically nothing of what they were trying to force through.

I see the Strikers have signed a big name international:

Colin Ingram.

Who the heck is that? No idea. Dunk gone, Richardson gone, Hodge gone. Doesn't seem like Pollard or Sodhi are coming back. Is this the worst squad ever assembled?

Current Squad: Wes Agar, Alex Carey, Jono Dean, Ben Laughlin, Jake Lehmann, Michael Neser, Billy Stanlake, Jake Weatherald, Colin Ingram (OS).

Colin Ingram.

Who the heck is that? No idea. Dunk gone, Richardson gone, Hodge gone. Doesn't seem like Pollard or Sodhi are coming back. Is this the worst squad ever assembled?

Reportedly the other international is a 19 year old Afghan leg-spinner ...

Pretty sure Head is in the squad as well, which is good, because he'd want to be available and good for a ton a game.

Colin Ingram.

Would explain why they're desperate for members to renew right now.

Sutherland is trying hard to spin it otherwise but the ******s at CA caved, excellent :)

Revenue sharing retained with the changes the ACA wanted and the compromises they were willing to make, including big changes to women's pay and grass roots, and CA got practically nothing of what they were trying to force through.
Cricket Australia stuffed it up from the start! Plus they are s**t scared the senior players would just go to the 20/20 leagues and make more money for less work.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Colin Ingram.

Keathy might have to go down there during pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back