State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

A real changing of the guard with Sayers and now Worral gone. I presume he will still play for the Strikers?
He's playing for the Redbacks this season. Last year of his contract. Then heads to Surrey exclusively

Yep, Mennie likely done after this season too, will be a very different line up in 22-23 season

Oct 11-14. First 2nd X1 match starts this week with SA v WA doing battle.

I'll be keenly following this and the other Seconds games. Both teams have some good young talent. Specially the SAussies. I expect to see the Kelly twins in Redback ODD colors this summer. Why has SACA imported a crop of interstate rejects when they have good home grown talent like Brazell, Drew, Capel and the Kelly boys. Will Seconds matches ever be live streamed?

Some good performances on the first day by Drew (111*) Corey Kelly (65) Tom Kelly (50) Brazell (46). Redbacks 5/353.

Last edited:
First 2nd X1 match starts this week with SA v WA doing battle.

I'll be keenly following this and the other Seconds games. Both teams have some good young talent. Specially the SAussies. I expect to see the Kelly twins in Redback ODD colors this summer. Why has SACA imported a crop of interstate rejects when they have good home grown talent like Brazell, Drew, Capel and the Kelly boys. Will Seconds matches ever be live streamed?
Funny you should mention this: SA batting and currently 5/391. Drew 126no, C Kelly 85no, T Kelly 50, Brazell 46, Capel 32. All as you mentioned above!! SACA recruited the interstaters because the Hussey report said so!!

First time I watched the Kelly twins live was in a CA Exhibition red ball match in Tassie earlier in the year. Both impressed me with bat and ball.. specially Tom who picked up a ton.

150 for Drew.

Last edited:

Some good performances on the first day by Drew (111*) Corey Kelly (65) Tom Kelly (50) Brazell (46). Redbacks 5/353.
Could I get a link to the scorecard please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season launch on Wednesday!

One dayer at Karen Rolton Oval vs Western Australia

Redbacks squad
Head (c)
Agar
Carey (vc)
Gibson
Kerber
Lehmann
McAndrew
McSweeney
Nielsen
Richardson
Weatherald
Winter
Worrall
I can see record scores on this road to beat all suburban roads.

Any idea if that is actually being played at Adelaide Oval like the scorecard says? Would be a joke if it is yet the firsts play on Karen Roadlton

Teen Cooper Connolly keeping WA in the contest.. just. Huge wraps on this kid evidently.

Drew with a solid 214 off 126 in a one dayer today. Has to be rewarded with some sort of Cricket at a higher level surely, even if its batting 6 for the Strikers.

Drew has played one Sheffield Shield game in 2019-20 against Tasmania. Had one hit for a score of 9. Some players get an abundance of chances to prove themselves, others aren't afforded the same luxury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back