Reece Conca

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He deserves a feather, he's done very well. Plays within his limitations, therefore doesn't hurt the gameplan

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Imagine losing Neale and not bringing in a strong body. We would be vulnerable. He is the kind of player who steps up in finals. Now with Blakely back we have a bit of beef in the middle.

Plus....he brought the cuddles.

Yep. I often look at the tough, contested play in the middle and have to stop and wonder who that player is. Often it’s Conca.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
IMO has been a really useful pickup but arguably has also left Banfield with no role.

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's been feedback around the leadership and comradery Reece's brought to the club which is important. I think his experience will be valuable this year and next for the team while we are rebuilding. However long term think he's easily replaced on the footy field.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
There's been feedback around the leadership and comradery Reece's brought to the club which is important. I think his experience will be valuable this year and next for the team while we are rebuilding. However long term think he's easily replaced on the footy field.
I understand what you are saying, but also think he can be a major contributor in a finals situation.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
He was strong in that third qtr against the Pies..kept the ball headed to our F50 time and again.
That is a fair comment about the precision of his disposal. You're not going to read about his pinpoint delivery into the forward line on a regular basis.

(Wonder how much skills training they got into him at Richmond?)

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's been playing well for weeks, I wasn't really a fan of recruiting him but he's a harder nut than I realised and does a lot of the small things well. Seems a best 22 lock currently.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
He's been playing well for weeks, I wasn't really a fan of recruiting him but he's a harder nut than I realised and does a lot of the small things well. Seems a best 22 lock currently.

That pretty much sums up what most Richmond fans thought of him.

Was always regarded higher internally than he was by those watching outside and now he's at Freo, with our attention on him a bit more, us purple fans are seeing the same thing.

He came in to the AFL as a highly regarded player good at everything (inc. good character/leadership qualities) but not stand-out spectacular at anything in particular. Though he has the reputation as a bit of a ball burner, and even as a junior he was never an elite ball user, he was a neat efficient player with ball in hand - I think the pace of AFL found him out a bit and now he mostly plays within his limitations. Hard to compare because I watch him so much more closer at Freo, but I reckon he's having career best year with us now.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
That pretty much sums up what most Richmond fans thought of him.

Was always regarded higher internally than he was by those watching outside and now he's at Freo, with our attention on him a bit more, us purple fans are seeing the same thing.

He came in to the AFL as a highly regarded player good at everything (inc. good character/leadership qualities) but not stand-out spectacular at anything in particular. Though he has the reputation as a bit of a ball burner, and even as a junior he was never an elite ball user, he was a neat efficient player with ball in hand - I think the pace of AFL found him out a bit and now he mostly plays within his limitations. Hard to compare because I watch him so much more closer at Freo, but I reckon he's having career best year with us now.

Yeah he's a Xavier Ellis type pick up although Ellis might have been a better ball user - both rated highly inside both their original and second clubs, whereas outside observers don't seem to get what the fuss is about. Luckily Conca seems to have a more reliable body than Ellis, touch wood.

Back