Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

all good if you plant new ones, but i agree keep the grand old ones that are not causing issues, nice messmates and mountain ash round this area, swampies (strezlecki gums ) also grow well all though comparatively slow and dont mind having their feet wet. have a box of mesmates , grey gums and sheoaks to plant on the new property after we settle tomorow,

New property ? Pics Kosh ( once you're settled ) City acolytes gotta dream.

New property ? Pics Kosh ( once you're settled ) City acolytes gotta dream.
yep , settle on new property tomorrow, holiday house settled yesterday, the house in town will go on the market in the next few weeks, pretty busy time atm, plenty of moving, fencing and spraying to do before we move some stock. but its a lovely property however needs a fair bit of work which sort of was the reason it was relatively affordable for us.

this is a drone pic from the listing,
1624926152797.png

yep , settle on new property tomorrow, holiday house settled yesterday, the house in town will go on the market in the next few weeks, pretty busy time atm, plenty of moving, fencing and spraying to do before we move some stock. but its a lovely property however needs a fair bit of work which sort of was the reason it was relatively affordable for us.

View attachment 1166886

Can I have a sleepover plz

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1166886

Livin' the dream Kosh. Good on ya' 👍

View attachment 1166886
Now that's a proper f***ing shed.

Yeash. If you take all the good trees and leave all the s**t ones there will come a time soon enough when all you have is s**t treesI've probably planted a million trees over the years and helped raise tens or hundreds of millions. I used to work in a wholesale euke nursery for forestry plantations where we'd do 100K a day from seed as well as tree planting. I also used to design rainforest soft wood cabinet timber plantings back when the government paid (ie gave generous tax breaks to) people to put them in as well. Some of those planting have started producing useable timber in the last few years.

Tho it takes hundreds of years to produce proper good timber. There is * all of that left.

Its good to plant trees. They suck carbon out of the atmosphere and are a renewable resource if properly managed. And they are way better for your country than flat empty paddocks on all sorts of levels. Better for stock too. Especially if you get extremes of weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To paraphrase Kev Kavanagh, if God didn't want trees to be cut down then why did he invent chainsaws?

Got you a beauty there, 'eh 'eh!
$130 a cube sounds good tho. I did about half that by hand today to sell to someone. I was gonna give it to them for $50 bucks if I decide to. It was hard work. I might keep it for myself so I don't have to do any more this year.

$130 a cube sounds good tho. I did about half that by hand today to sell to someone. I was gonna give it to them for $50 bucks if I decide to. It was hard work. I might keep it for myself so I don't have to do any more this year.
you should get a hydraulic splitter ferbs.

I know I've posted this before, but I really hate the post 9pm realisation that it is bin night and I have a better part of a 10km round trip in the rain to put them out.

that's more than my work commute !

you fellas have a BIG country !

ps how often do you get to the gate and realise you've forgotten something ?

that's more than my work commute !

you fellas have a BIG country !

ps how often do you get to the gate and realise you've forgotten something ?

I remember driving 50 minutes and remember leaving my wallet at home.

I had to forgo going to the game

It was a mid 2000’s game, last Round of the year. We had to beat Port to make the finals. We lost unexpectedly.

Do you recall Marstermind or am I dreaming this?

I remember driving 50 minutes and remember leaving my wallet at home.

I had to forgo going to the game

It was a mid 2000’s game, last Round of the year. We had to beat Port to make the finals. We lost unexpectedly.

Do you recall Marstermind or am I dreaming this?

yeah I've got the memory of a goldfish. Been to the airport more than once and left my passport behind........
Bit easier in NZ to zap home and grab it. (Unless you live in Auckland where a 20k trip will take 2 hours ( which is why I will never live in Auckland !)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back