Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
resident-evil-village-chris-redfield-werewolf-uhdpaper.com-hd-7.3034.jpg

Couldn't see a main thread so decided to start one. How many people are keen for Resident Evil Village? Personally it's my most anticipated game of the year.

Anyone getting up early to play the timed demo tomorrow morning or used a US account to play earlier today?

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Looks really good. In saying that I bought RE7 during a steam sale and never played it, is on my list but so are many things.
You must play it. It's one of the better games on the PS4.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looks like a YouTube job for me. I hate myself for not being able to play horror games yet being a big fan of the horror genre.

I've watched countless people playing the demo. Looks stunning and finally something worth while on next gen.

Same as you. Cannot play horror games but they're very fun to watch on YouTube.

Thought the demo was okay, could have been a little more gameplay wise (was pretty story driven) so hopefully the game opens up a bit later on.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I expect it to be game of the year.
Big call with the likes of GOW etc coming out but it will be up there for sure. I can't wait.

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has anyone played the Re:Verse beta? I played about 15 minutes, the character select is probably the best thing about it. They're using the old Chris Redfield model from RE7 which should be updated.

It's pretty unnecessary, I'm not sure they'll build a strong player base around it. Capcom are wanting to expand into multiplayer mode with the RE series.

Resistance was pretty poor and fizzled out quickly, I wasn't a fan of the characters and games felt too unbalanced or ended too quickly.

I'm not a fan of the automatic queuing, they should open it up to the players to join different pools or create one of their own that people they know can join.

Haven't played an RE game for a while but watched a video on this one that got me intrigued problem is I prefer to chill with these types of games, just how difficult is it expected to be?

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Haven't played an RE game for a while but watched a video on this one that got me intrigued problem is I prefer to chill with these types of games, just how difficult is it expected to be?

Im wanting to know also, I’ve watched a few vids as well, looks amazing and a day 1 purchase for sure. I got through RE:7 relatively easy, not sure if this one is mixing a bit of that with RE:2 & 4 as well, the 9ft woman seems to chase you around much like Mr.X did which will no doubt get the heart racing when it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im wanting to know also, I’ve watched a few vids as well, looks amazing and a day 1 purchase for sure. I got through RE:7 relatively easy, not sure if this one is mixing a bit of that with RE:2 & 4 as well, the 9ft woman seems to chase you around much like Mr.X did which will no doubt get the heart racing when it happens.

Watched a video where a guy is just casually avoiding her and I know if I play I'll probably be crying trying to escape.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Playing horror games I find is 10x worse than watching a horror movie, in a movie you can close your eyes or what not until a scene passes, with a game, you’ve gotta be the one to head down that dark hallway.

Also I know headphones add to the experience, but no thanks.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Playing horror games I find is 10x worse than watching a horror movie, in a movie you can close your eyes or what not until a scene passes, with a game, you’ve gotta be the one to head down that dark hallway.

Also I know headphones add to the experience, but no thanks.

With horror movies I never feel any fear because I know it's not me. Horror games feel like it's me and the sense of dread gets real.

One thing I started doing was just running around and letting stuff kill me the first time. But there are some games where that doesn't seem to work still lol. I told myself I was going to will myself through Medium but I just didn't find it scary at all, so that was a disappointment as I thought it would be a good chance to become more climatised.

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Playing a Resident Evil game is about overcoming nerves through repeat playthroughs. On your first playthrough your hands are shaking and you usually see the game over screen more times than you'd like.

You slowly begin to master the controls, anticipate events and realise their is a strategy to face every enemy. At least for me, you play the game and it's kind of like an adrenaline controlled experience.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Huge game spoilers from someone in Brisbane who got the game a few days ago. My opinions.
Not a fan of how they've done the back story, apparently Mother Miranda taught the bloke who created Umbrella (Spencer) all he knew, he even copied her insignia and made it Umbrella's logo, hence why you will see the familiar logo several times during the game. Apparently Mother Miranda had a young daughter that died from the Spanish flu, she spent her research trying to bring her back to life and created the Mold as a result. Eveline, the big bad from RE7 was supposedly a creation to mimic the dead girl, but she was flawed. Ethan and Mia's baby daughter Rose was kidnapped as the baby was believed to be the best chance of bring the daughter back to life. Also, Heisenberg sounds like a fun character, you find out at some point that he's a bit of a double agent, he sends his werewolves to kill you but helps you later on. Towards the end of the game he betrays you, and transforms into a huge robot in an attempt to kill you.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Playing a Resident Evil game is about overcoming nerves through repeat playthroughs. On your first playthrough your hands are shaking and you usually see the game over screen more times than you'd like.

You slowly begin to master the controls, anticipate events and realise their is a strategy to face every enemy. At least for me, you play the game and it's kind of like an adrenaline controlled experience.

Or. I could just watch a play through on YouTube. 🤣 #scared

Capcom could have ditched the Resident Evil name and made this a new ip as a first person horror game imo

Whilst I'm still going to buy and play it would prefer the next Resident Evil game to be in line with the RE2/RE3 remakes those to me a Resident Evil games
The part where they made RE7 into a "Resident Evil" game was definitely the worst bit about RE7. I really hope they don't compromise the story/gameplay and overall themes of the game just to cram in some "Resident Evil" portion of the game, like RE7's woeful ship sequence.

May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Capcom could have ditched the Resident Evil name and made this a new ip as a first person horror game imo

Whilst I'm still going to buy and play it would prefer the next Resident Evil game to be in line with the RE2/RE3 remakes those to me a Resident Evil games

There will be Resident Evil lore and trademarks like Umbrella and Chris Redfield.

Unfortunately since Raccoon City was nuked at the end of RE3, they've had to expand the locations/characters.

Best is the first 3 games I agree.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
There will be Resident Evil lore and trademarks like Umbrella and Chris Redfield.

Unfortunately since Raccoon City was nuked at the end of RE3, they've had to expand the locations/characters.

Best is the first 3 games I agree.

Chris seems to be a bad guy in this which has me intrigued cant wait to play it.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

Its a bit like how the assassins creed games are now, Ubisoft could ditch the whole assassins creed connection now, could’ve just called the last 3 games Valhalla, Odyssey & Origins.

Agree that RE:7 was awesome until the actual ‘RE’ part, hoping village doesn’t have those ‘moments’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back