Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what happens when you have to type using a tablet, autocorrect just goes "that's a nice post you have there, be a shame if I happened to misinterpret the words that you use"
I thought you were implying they all stink like dirty socks.

This is a laugh and a half

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-2016-preliminary-final-gws-v-w-bulldogs-sat-sept-24-5-15pm.1146637/page-64

Have a read of the posts by some morons claiming that there were at least three free kicks not paid to GWS in the lead up to Caleb Daniel's goal. Also the ignorance of some more morons not rating the play, tenacity, determination and spirit that lead to the goal.

I'm not sure if it was play of the year like BT claimed, but it would certainly be up there.

That entire thread is a laugh FWIW. I have been reading ten pages each night for the past week.

Bont falling over and placing the ball on the ground is one im not sure of. Is that incorrect disposal? It does look like it but it was so weird I really dont know what the rule is there. The Dickson tackle I originally thought should have been high. It took me about 6 watches to see why it wasnt. Hard to see from the camera angle shown but the recipient of that tackle deliberately drove his head into Dickson which would have been more obvious from the angle that the umpire saw it from. No free. And Dahlhaus handballed correctly after being run down. So thats 1 I'm not sure about and 2 that definitely weren't a free.

Bont falling over and placing the ball on the ground is one im not sure of. Is that incorrect disposal? It does look like it but it was so weird I really dont know what the rule is there. The Dickson tackle I originally thought should have been high. It took me about 6 watches to see why it wasnt. Hard to see from the camera angle shown but the recipient of that tackle deliberately drove his head into Dickson which would have been more obvious from the angle that the umpire saw it from. No free. And Dahlhaus handballed correctly after being run down. So thats 1 I'm not sure about and 2 that definitely weren't a free.

Should also have been a free and 50 for Cameron and Patton laughing at Boyd.

Reasonable penalty for giggling like, umm, you know, at a premiership ruckman.

So youre allowed to dispose of the ball as you wish if its not during a tackle?

You can't throw it, but anything else is a fumble which is play on unless you're being tackled which would make it incorrect disposal & holding the ball

Lots of one-eyed supporters here who cant handle the idea that we might have gotten away with one

I only see people explaining to you how it's not a free. I've never seen an umpire pay an incorrect disposal free when a player accidentally fumbles the ball whilst not being tackled. Have you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Heath Shaw force Bonti off balance by interrupting his momentum and tapping the back of his boot?

That's the way I saw it.

Play on is the correct call.
Surely if he taps bont's boot it's a trip and a free kick to us

Bont was losing his balance and falling to ground, umps should be letting those go
I agree, I was just saying I think the rule is you can't just go and put the ball on the ground, but, if like Bont, you lose your balance and leave it there, not deliberately, it's 'play on'.

I can't see how putting the ball on the ground, while falling over, while not being tackled, can possibly be a free kick. He left it behind and it was swooped on by someone who was immediately tackled by Dickson.

Dahl got rid of the ball legally, if late, but still. Like Dunkley being spun around and then handballing back towards Boyd - Brayshaw :smirk: reckoned that should have been a free. But then JJ took off and Bont kicked the goal that put us in front. Imagine if we'd been robbed of that moment.

The thing is, our boys move the ball so fast, the umps don't have a lot of time to ponder whether technical frees should be paid. I liked that they let a lot go (obviously we benefitted) but it wasn't only in our games, much as jealous oppo supporters would like to believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back