Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Hearing Dimma on 360 last week - he didn't seem resolute in restarting a new rebuild, making it clear to Robbo and Mr. Burns that once this list is done, he may be done with them.

Its the first I've heard Dimma speak like this, usually it's very straight lined, PC answer - this answer was more honest, and more importantly, the vibe I sensed was he's maybe mentally preparing for life after coaching.

Richmond senior coach since 2010, by the end of his contract, he'll have completed his 15th season - longer in duration than probably all our coaches since T Shirt Tommy - combined.

So who do we look towards? Here are some potential options for us,

Chris Newman - Newy has built a solid foundation working with Hawthorn for years, life could come full circle if the transition between Newman and Dimma took place, similar to Mitchell and Clarkson.

Kane Lambert - lauded for his leadership and cool composure, if the desire to become a coach follows, he could work as an assistant under Dimma for a few years until he's promoted to the senior position.

Jack Riewoldt - As passionate about the game as ever, they often say a head coach needs to have charisma, and this is Jack in a nutshell. Could he transition into coaching? Looks more likely to follow in the media pathway of his cousin.

Trent Cotchin - Many ventures await outside of football, Cotch seems to be building his acumen away from the football world - in a similar vein to Chris Judd. If Cotch was to commit to coaching, the take over would be tantalising and very exciting for the fans.

Ivan Maric - Another leader, praised for his calmness and honesty, he's got a wonderful rapport with so many of our current eastern European players- he could very well put his hand up, and maybe coach a couple of stand alone games. Could he become senior coach? It's not out of the question.

Some candidates outside the club spring to mind, but Richmond seem like the club that will go through a process to hire a new coach rather than employ an already established coach from another club. It will be interested to see what lays ahead the next five years, what do you think could happen?

My prediction, Dimma coaches until 2027-2028, take over by Lambo or Newy

Yze was an assistant coach at the Demon's, not the head coach. It's not really "on him" if the standards have dropped.

End of the day, i care about the problems at my club, not his old club. Mini had over half a season to wow me and didn't really. Looked like a K-Mart version of Dimma & tbh, i don't even want the real Dimma at our club anymore, let alone a cheap imitation - which is, unfortunately, how Mini chose to present himself as our caretaker.

No fresh ideas. No massive leap in expectations. Played older players over youth and still failed. What is left other than "consistency" is the selling point on Mini?

I've been pretty honest as well, if you asked me at the start of the season who i wanted to coach Richmond, neither Yze or Mini would have even entered my thoughts. But, we can only choose from what we can. Yze = something new Mini = same as before. I want/need change desperately as the past 3 seasons have been amongst the most unenjoyable i can recall. Just did not dig the vibe of the club, has stunk like a boys club since 2020 when the club literally covered up Dimma cheating on his wife in a work hub. Mini was there and drank the kool-aid - have no interest being lead by a company simp
If it's so unenjoyable, maybe stop taking it so seriously. Just remember, the people who you are getting so upset over and probs letting effect your life could not give two shits about you, so why are you letting them upset you.

Bit more about Yze's mindset...

(Don't ask just enjoy the content 😉)

- HATES two captains, with a passion. One of the first things he will change is the leadership group structure. Likes a small leadership group, preferably one across each line. Froffs over dusty, believes our players all admire him and look up to him. That's your leader right now.

- HATES how we keep moving players out of the positions they have trained for. More noticeably, disliked how the McIntosh move in the 2020 GF justified further moves like that, Balta back and forth, Gibcus going forward, Pickett on the wing, then forward, etc. Too much of everything means they're not good at anything. His specific wording is 'how will they learn their role, how will they know each other, if the magnets get moved too often? No one takes ownership. No one has accountability. Loves to tell his players they own this 'spot' until it's theirs to lose. Whats dusty? What's shai? All our players are chameleons, when in the past they were one unit. You knew Grimes, Vlastuin, Rance and how they'd play spare man, the predictability made them so hard to stop. Now because Balta goes back and forth, he doesn't have ownership of his spot so if he concedes 6 against Petty for example, he knows they'll flip the magnets and this fosters laziness and lack of accountability within the playing group.

…”players and managers“ get a say on the new coach

…hmmmm….im taking a stab here….but there is a very high likelihood they will vote for self preservation
Having a say doesn’t mean they are making the decision, just as the committee are asking Cotch, Bucks and other various people what they think all these factors will be taken into consideration but a lot of posters seem to think it’s the only factor

I don’t really understand why it seems like a foreign concept when it would of been one of the factors taken into account when any team selects a new coach

Bit more about Yze's mindset...

(Don't ask just enjoy the content 😉)

- HATES two captains, with a passion. One of the first things he will change is the leadership group structure. Likes a small leadership group, preferably one across each line. Froffs over dusty, believes our players all admire him and look up to him. That's your leader right now.

- HATES how we keep moving players out of the positions they have trained for. More noticeably, disliked how the McIntosh move in the 2020 GF justified further moves like that, Balta back and forth, Gibcus going forward, Pickett on the wing, then forward, etc. Too much of everything means they're not good at anything. His specific wording is 'how will they learn their role, how will they know each other, if the magnets get moved too often? No one takes ownership. No one has accountability. Loves to tell his players they own this 'spot' until it's theirs to lose. Whats dusty? What's shai? All our players are chameleons, when in the past they were one unit. You knew Grimes, Vlastuin, Rance and how they'd play spare man, the predictability made them so hard to stop. Now because Balta goes back and forth, he doesn't have ownership of his spot so if he concedes 6 against Petty for example, he knows they'll flip the magnets and this fosters laziness and lack of accountability within the playing group.
Taking you at face value of course , but not sure if that's good or bad, Dimma would often frustrate many of us for seemingly not making many moves on match day as he could've when things were going wrong - and judging by this, Yze seems to think he made too many (although I do see his general point as well.)

Can they just announce Yze as coach, probs need approval from the AFL when to do it.

Tomorrow = selection night
Friday = prelim
monday = brownlow
tuesday = frothing over winner all day
wednesday = nothing
thursday = GF selection
friday = parade

So i predict wednesday next week Yze will be announced as coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can they just announce Yze as coach, probs need approval from the AFL when to do it.

Friday = prelim
monday = brownlow
wednesday = nothing
thursday = GF selection
friday = parade

tomorow morning

Having a say doesn’t mean they are making the decision, just as the committee are asking Cotch, Bucks and other various people what they think all these factors will be taken into consideration but a lot of posters seem to think it’s the only factor

I don’t really understand why it seems like a foreign concept when it would of been one of the factors taken into account when any team selects a new coach

human nature suggests individuals will vote for what’s best for themselves….save my arse at the expense of others

not sure why players and or managers need to have a say

you know what…I highly doubt they have been given a say…it’s just the dribbler…dribbling garbage

Taking you at face value of course , but not sure if that's good or bad, Dimma would often frustrate many of us for seemingly not making many moves on match day as he could've when things were going wrong - and judging by this, Yze seems to think he made too many (although I do see his general point as well.)
His issue is doing it weekly, with many players. If it's a big game and you need to win, there's a different to doing it weekly with multiple players.

Players train with their groups all pre season. They check in with their line coaches all the time, what happens when you keep moving people around ?

Means you don't trust your process, your program, you teachings. Structure decreases, players lose their accountability, line coaches don't have as much control of their groups.

Now remember doing it weekly during home and away is so so different to doing it in finals and training for an emergency scenario.

human nature suggests individuals will vote for what’s best for themselves….save my arse at the expense of others

not sure why players and or managers need to have a say

you know what…I highly doubt they have been given a say…it’s just the dribbler…dribbling garbage
I would say they would of been consulted at the very least the leadership group

As to how much sway they held and how much the selection committee weighed what they had to say when deciding the final recommendation put forward was probably relatively small when weighted against other factors

Friday = prelim
monday = brownlow
wednesday = nothing
thursday = GF selection
friday = parade

If we announced the new coach this week, we'll take all the attention away from the upcoming final matches

Mini presented for the last time today

Highlights were

Baker captain

Mansell to be deployed as a full time tagged

Put best ball users at half back to create more run

Has 2 key forwards ready to sign one from Victoria other from the swans

Grimes to only play when an emergency

Balta and gibcus to stay in back half

Highlights were

Baker captain

😂😂😂
Considering Mini isn’t getting the job, it’s impressive you’re still trying.

Highlights were

Baker captain

Sydney don’t have any keys forwards that are not long term signed. Only one is Mc Donald, but he is a WA boy. Sam the toothpick Reid also qualifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back