RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought no you need all your forwards fit and playing well to trouble our defence.
GWS seem to be getting on top of their injuries and I think they have started to get it takes teamwork not just great players to win finals.
Bit worried about playing them the first week, a loss could send us over your way for a PF.

Yeah hopefully. JK has definitely been a bit sore this whole season. Hoping Darling can find the form he had early this season too. Our reliance on them is definitely a bit troubling, and to me is probably the main barrier to winning it all.

That scenario would obviously be ideal for us, so the order of the top 4 is going to be very important.

We appeared to be going at 80% for most of the night. The difference is, this was a mini final for your mob and you were at your best, but for us it was just getting through unscathed and taking the 4 points.

If you think we were at our best night you're seriously deluded. Maybe for 20 out of the 120 minutes we were, but most of the night we were bog ordinary.

What seems to have been overlooked is that a pretty good, competitive game of footy was played last night.
Geelong were in the unusual position in that a win would give them a good chance of top four but a loss would put their final eight spot in danger.
For Richmond a win would almost guarantee top two and a loss would have put this in danger.
As I saw it, and it's only my observation, Richmond controlled a lot of territory with less possessions, the inside 50 count backs this up, and Geelong looked very dangerous when they broke through Richmond's pressure, the closeness of the score despite fewer forward entries backed this up.
As a Tiger it was incredibly frustrating that we created but then butchered so many scoring opportunities. Credit to the Geelong side as they were certainly desperate in defence.
Yes, Ablett had a chance to pinch it at the death but Reiwoldt and Caddy should have iced it well before then.
Again, credit to Geelong for fighting to the siren and giving me a heart attack!
Like Collingwood the week before, Geelong's better players had heaps of the ball but didn't hurt us as much as they would have liked.
Credit to Richmond's pressure and team first ethos, love the way we go about it these days.
Can Richmond be beaten? Of course we can be and by any team... however, we will be extremely hard to beat because we are a team and games are won on grass not by "better lists on paper"

Excellent analysis. Spot on.

You've been soso all year, havent been convincing as a serious contender. Still a good chance you wont even play finals.

Something all Richmond fans are obviously hoping for, because after last night, they all know deep, deep down that if Geelong got their s**t together for more than 20 minutes the next time we meet the result will obviously be a lot different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny post.

It's funny coz it's true. Why else would Richmond fans be busy making excuses about umpires and who was or wasn't playing last night after they won if they aren't running scared?

Yeah and all of that dominance is now bygone history for Geelong and Richmond. The wheel has turned. The new record is 3-0 Richmond's way plus 1-0 in recent finals. We Tigers have waited a loooong time for this.
Wonder what the record would be if you had to play us on our home ground. Big fat asterisk there.

That game is played 10 times and we win by 6-7 goals 9 times out of 10, considering the domination we had for large parts.
Last night was the 1/10 and they got within a goal.

Cats are a good team, but just haven't been able string it together for long enough over the course of the season.
Can't see them missing the 8, even if they drop the Hawks game next week. Suns and Freo wins(both at home) will take them to 13 wins and with a healthy % would take a lot for them not to make it

It's funny coz it's true. Why else would Richmond fans be busy making excuses about umpires and who was or wasn't playing last night after they won if they aren't running scared?
So hang on Richmond are running scared and making excuses, but aren't you making excuses because you're saying that the result would be different if Geelong got their s**t together and played more than 20 minutes next time.

On balance of play, should've put us to the sword by about 8-10 goals.
But Salty Scott said that Geelong dominated for large periods of the game

To be fair mate that wasnt an issue till you started losing to us.

Yeah, not true. It has been an issue for Geelong fans for as long as we have been forced to play our home games against ladder leading Melbourne clubs at their home ground. Before you guys it was Hawthorn, and Collingwood.

To be fair, mate, you would play us on our home turf and beat us there if you were good enough. Then you wouldn't have that big fat asterisk beside your recent record against us.

Yeah, not true. It has been an issue for Geelong fans for as long as we have been forced to play our home games against ladder leading Melbourne clubs at their home ground. Before you guys it was Hawthorn, and Collingwood.

To be fair, mate, you would play us on our home turf and beat us there if you were good enough. Then you wouldn't have that big fat asterisk beside your recent record against us.
I guess we'll see over the next few seasons what happens to that asterisk. The Cats are not the force they were, they are in decline. New rule changes could shift the way the game is played for everyone too.

**** me the tigers supporters are horribly arrogant

Can’t stand them at all this year not one shred of humility
Oh I wonder why? Is it the 35 years of s**t we got? Is it the 9thmond for decades. And even when we started playing well and making finals it was then then losing to 9th. And the coin toss. And then Cotch is the worst captain ever.

How bizzare that a supporter base that hasn't been a domintantt team for nearly 4 decades is making sure they enjoy every second of being the leader by being as arrogant as possible.
This could very well be our only year as the top team, so yes we will talk as much s**t as humanly possible while it's impossible for anyone to say anything back.

Edit - didn't realise n i n t h m o n d is auto changed to premiershipmond. Nice.

Wylie Buzza is better than all of them.

He’s interesting Buzza, was looking ok last season but just hasn’t got going this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something all Richmond fans are obviously hoping for, because after last night, they all know deep, deep down that if Geelong got their s**t together for more than 20 minutes the next time we meet the result will obviously be a lot different.

Mate, you guys or Collingwood would be a dream final. Make no mistake. It’s something all Richmond supporters would want.
Please god, make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back