RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

No your judging on past fact, not present. Hell if you want to play that game, ill talk about the tigers in the 70's early 80's and bring that to the present tense. Only fools or those that cant and wont accept there club is now on the downward curve would do that. It is as they say, denial, is the first stage of grief.
What? My brain hurts.

I was just saying there's not enough to call Richmond great yet. Doesn't matter if you can cite Richmond in the 70s. The current team doesn't have enough runs on the board yet to move into that category. Suggesting otherwise is speculation.

And it was spelt Bulldogs the year before.

Tigers came good near the end of last season, and this is their first season of actually looking like the top team in the league. Claims on greatness are really premature. There is a best team in the league every year. No reason to label them all as greats.
This narrative is bullshit. We finished in the 4. We were in the 4 before we "came good". We were in the mix, then smashed everyone in the finals and had, honestly, a better finals series record than any of these great teams you speak of ever did.

And it was spelt Bulldogs the year before.

Tigers came good near the end of last season, and this is their first season of actually looking like the top team in the league. Claims on greatness are really premature. There is a best team in the league every year. No reason to label them all as greats.
who said we were a great side yet? not me

ayn rand said it thusly

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

who said we were a great side yet? not me

ayn rand said it thusly

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
See a few posts above, or a few posts back in the thread I was replying to, where Richmond supporters were trying to compare them to Geelong and Hawthorn eras and suggesting some sort of superiority. Obviously, getting ahead of themselves.

See a few posts above, or a few posts back in the thread I was replying to, where Richmond supporters were trying to compare them to Geelong and Hawthorn eras and suggesting some sort of superiority. Obviously, getting ahead of themselves.
Who were the supporters? I missed those posts

Such a hero

Can’t wait for the tigers to choke like ADL last year and to watch the tears when everyone lays the boots into them

Reads very much like a r21 2017 post.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Lol, what a load of s**t.

Who were the supporters? I missed those posts

Now, now, you know better than to hold people who talk s**t with baseless allegations accountable. It doesn’t work that way for the “hur dur” mob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha only you care about that because you are hanging on to anything as you sook it up. The new era is 3-0 Tigers. How good was it that the Cats decade long reign ended in the first final last year!!?? That was best thing after winning the grand final last year for me. Finally beating the Cats and in a final!!!! Haha brilliant.
Yeah, maybe. But your three wins from a fixed fixture don't equal our decade of dominance over you guys. They don't even equal any string of three wins we had over you in that time, and never will.

If you are happy with knowing that you needed the AFL to help you change that long term trend, that is fine. I guess when you are desperate for some success you will take any scrap thrown your way. :oops:

and if we win 3 in a row or 3 out of 5, they will be correct. only time will tell.

Arogrance

Nope, i just treat ignorant or dumb posts with the contempt they deserve. There’s a difference.

Lol, 'member when Grigg, Houli, Prestia, Caddy played for other teams.

I 'member.

I member how Geelong, particularly Scott and Wells were so desperate to get Delidio they threw Caddy under the bus offering up for trade when he had no idea he was ever gonna be put up for trade.
Prestia wanted to return home, Grigg and Houli more senior game time. None left for $. Funny how Cats fans try and rewrite history. Like trying to include VFA flags in their total and how they went 44 years with nothing.

Yeah, maybe. But your three wins from a fixed fixture don't equal our decade of dominance over you guys. They don't even equal any string of three wins we had over you in that time, and never will.

If you are happy with knowing that you needed the AFL to help you change that long term trend, that is fine. I guess when you are desperate for some success you will take any scrap thrown your way. :oops:
"If I am happy with knowing blah blah blah". Find a weaker mind to spar with mate. I don't allow others to frame my understanding of things in such a silly way.

Here's the deal. You beat up on Richmond for ten years when they were largely no good. We beat you in a final and then whilst you have been contending for top four twice. Three nil Tigers over a Cats team that hasnt been bottom 4, wooden spooner or even bottom 10.

3-0 Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back