Summer RIO 2016 - Cycling (Track and Road) 11th to 16th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone want to remind O'Shea that the points race has started.

Its not gunna happen - i was looking forward to watching him make an attack but that all went out window when that campaigner Cavendish caused the crash that O'Shea was involved in

Cant believe they dont dock pts for careless rding - all he gets is a warning yet he took out 3 riders with a reckless move

Its not gunna happen - i was looking forward to watching him make an attack but that all went out window when that campaigner Cavendish caused the crash that O'Shea was involved in

Cant believe they dont dock pts for careless rding - all he gets is a warning yet he took out 3 riders with a reckless move

I was wondering about that. Will the commissars look at it after the race?

Yeah, need to review that. Cav was eliminated when he overtook someone on the inside in the elimination iirc. Cav dangerous riding could have injured viv . Just think if he did, he would be the gold medalist. I would have lost my fuse. Needs a 10 point deduction if someone causes a crash.

Still medals went to the 3 best riders, though Hansen will have nightmares about that elimination race.

Gav nearly lapped the field in the last section. The peleton was struggling.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

O'Shea ended up the only guy not to have his points change at all during that points race (3 guys lost points)

During the World Champs earlier in the year he lapped the field twice to get the silver - finished on equal pts with the winner but he crossed the final line behind him

Maybe he thought today that he was too far back on pts to challenge - of course after the crash any thoughts / hopes he might have had went out the window

Pretty tough 2 day comp - maybe he was just toast anyway going into the race

Either way another underperforming Aussie - seriously have sort our crap out - forget about the Worlds and mickey mouse comps held early in an Olympic year and concentrate on peaking for the actual Olympics

During the World Champs earlier in the year he lapped the field twice to get the silver - finished on equal pts with the winner but he crossed the final line behind him

Maybe he thought today that he was too far back on pts to challenge - of course after the crash any thoughts / hopes he might have had went out the window

Pretty tough 2 day comp - maybe he was just toast anyway going into the race

Either way another underperforming Aussie - seriously have sort our crap out - forget about the Worlds and mickey mouse comps held early in an Olympic year and concentrate on peaking for the actual Olympics
Yeah. Same field as well. Said he didn't have the legs and u have to agree. Showed nothing before and then after crash.

He got himself in a good position points wise and easily could have taken a lap with gav, Hansen etc, when they went round.

2 medals is not a good outcome for our cycling team regardless of Brit domination. People were expecting big things. Review time for the aoc.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympic...eam-gb-whats-your-secret-20160816-gqtlbh.html

Rio de Janeiro: The mystery behind Great Britain's extraordinary track cycling success has become an open conversation topic at Rio's velodrome with several members of the French team, a German Olympic sprint champion and Australia's Anna Meares among those raising their eyebrows and voices.

After bowing out of the Games bitterly disappointed by her 10th placing in the individual sprint, Australia's Olympic team captain and national cycling figurehead Meares said of the awesome British outfit: "It's not just the Australian team that have questions."

She is right.

France's sprint coach, former Olympic gold medallist Laurent Gané, has told reporters here in French: "The recipe should be asked for from our neighbours because I don't understand. I don't know what they're doing. I'd love to know. These are teams that do nothing extraordinary for four years and once they arrive at the Olympics they out-class the rest of the world."

Continues in article

it is happening again. hopefully, Sutton does get sacked and he unloads all the dirt on the GB track team. i seriously think Hammer from the US, is about to go ape crazy at Trott and GB.

it must be so frustrating that the GB team,which is cannon fodder at world champs as Vogel puts it, is 2 leagues out of the world at the Olympics. i can not stress enough how annoying of a meet it has been and i think, damaging to track cycling in the world. The USA needs gold medals to gain exposure and they were really gunning for a gold here for example

I bet we will be in the same position in 4 years time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cavendish
Pursuit
4:27.453 in the 4K at the World Champs
4:16.878 in Rio.
(3.96% improvement, which can be explained)
1K TT
WC- 1:04.507 (12th)
Rio - 1:02.868 (3rd)
2.54%
flying lap
WC-13.211 (4th)
Rio 12.793 (3rd, so no real change here. Kennett from NZ is a star)
(3.16%)
Mens Sprint
Kenny

WC - 9.767
Rio- 9.551 (OR)
(2.21%)
Skinner
WC - 9.824 (5th)
Rio-9.703
(1.23%)
B.James
WC Didnt qualify for the team
Rio 1st
Marchant
WC 11.046 (11th btw)
Rio - 10.787 (2nd)
(2.34%)
Mens TP
WC 3:53.856
Rio 3:50.265 (WR)
(1.58%)
Women TP
WC 4:16.540
Rio 4:10.236 (WR)
(2.46%)
Mens Sprint
WC 43.507
Rio 42.440 OR
(2.45%)
Womens Sprint
DIDNT QUALIFY A TEAM
TROTT WINS LOL!!!!
Pursuit
WC - 3:32.436 (4 secs behind Hammer)
Rio- 3:25.054 (2 secs in front of Hammer)
(3.44%)
Trotts best time previously was 3:30.547 in the Omnium in the last 4 years in London Olympics 2012.

AROI is 2.61%.(average the rate of increase)
Total is 2.90% (etc, total rate. times from WC - Rio overall)

Should be a grand points race. Annette is not far from silver.

TROTT WINS LOL!!!! though .1 quicker than everyone else.

So happy Vogel beat the Brit 2nd rider. Deserves as much love as meares. Hopefully she has some tricks to win gold

Kenny does not deserve to be close to hoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back