Summer RIO 2016 - Cycling (Track and Road) 11th to 16th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole Olympics is a tad shambolic. Can't imagine it going to a non developed country for a long time after this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol bring on the salty tears :p
Okay

Kenny has 3 world championships to his name yet 6 Olympic gold's. Disgraceful that he is level with actual legend of hoy and ahead of that idiot Wiggins.

Been blessed being British at the right time. If he Australian, he would have finished 4th. The fact he looked like bolt disgusts me the most. He is good but not that good and certainly not an Olympic legend.

For comparison, hoy has 11 wc crowns.

It's farcical to have GB almost win every event. Would never happen, but I'd like to see standardised equipment just to neutralise that part of the equation.

Okay

Kenny has 3 world championships to his name yet 6 Olympic gold's. Disgraceful that he is level with actual legend of hoy and ahead of that idiot Wiggins.

Been blessed being British at the right time. If he Australian, he would have finished 4th. The fact he looked like bolt disgusts me the most. He is good but not that good and certainly not an Olympic legend.

For comparison, hoy has 11 wc crowns.
Your posts are ridiculous. They have absolutely no foundation of truth or fact. Kenny has only lost once on the track at a Olympics back in 2008 - to Hoy. He beat him at London 2012. The WC's are secondary to team GB. Unless they are in the UK they don't even send a particularly strong team

Do those grapes taste sour? Suck it up Aussies Britannia rules the waves and the velodrome!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 25
Your posts are ridiculous. They have absolutely no foundation of truth or fact. Kenny has only lost once on the track at a Olympics back in 2008 - to Hoy. He beat him at London 2012. The WC's are secondary to team GB. Unless they are in the UK they don't even send a particularly strong team
Kenny beat hoy at the world champs in 2012, Melbourne. Only one rider per team per event in London. Funny, that sounds like a really important selection trial at a big event on the other side if the world. Surely not.

I remember that world champs well. The only way Kenny could beat bauge was to take off at the start. I may have mentioned it a couple if times.

When every single rider improves their time by 2% and every one gets a medal, then questions are rightly asked. U either have the best coaches in the world(likely) able to peak perfectly once!!! Every 4 years or u have some other advantage. I will repeat that I am talking equipment. Same thing happened in London. Read my early posts.

no legit coach can peak everyone that perfectly across every athlete. U would expect a slip up so where. It never did. Especially since the cycling team was in turmoil after the world champs.

Last point on this, that Brit domination hurts track cycling I love the sport so of course I am sour . So happy Vogel's got the gold. Deserved it for being a rider u had to consistently beat.

But whatever. Go team GB.

Kenny beat hoy at the world champs in 2012, Melbourne. Only one rider per team per event in London. Funny, that sounds like a really important selection trial at a big event on the other side if the world. Surely not.

I remember that world champs well. The only way Kenny could beat bauge was to take off at the start. I may have mentioned it a couple if times.

When every single rider improves their time by 2% and every one gets a medal, then questions are rightly asked. U either have the best coaches in the world(likely) able to peak perfectly once!!! Every 4 years or u have some other advantage. I will repeat that I am talking equipment. Same thing happened in London. Read my early posts.

no legit coach can peak everyone that perfectly across every athlete. U would expect a slip up so where. It never did. Especially since the cycling team was in turmoil after the world champs.

Last point on this, that Brit domination hurts track cycling I love the sport so of course I am sour . So happy Vogel's got the gold. Deserved it for being a rider u had to consistently beat.

But whatever. Go team GB.

Concede the point about Kenny beating Hoy at London 2012.

I also agree that dominance is not ideal for interest, but it happens in other events and has done for years. It's up to the other teams to improve rather than penalising the dominant country. Don't forget it was you who were dominating track cycling in 2000 and 2004. I bet you wasn't complaining then. We looked at your model (even poached the odd coach) and set to task. It's a better mindset than whinging on about it.

The advantage we have is we have the funding available to improve the science and equipment for the team. We are streets ahead in that regard. Its treated the same as F1, where until Mercedes came along, our teams dominated for decades. It's what we are good at.

This whole Olympics is a tad shambolic. Can't imagine it going to a non developed country for a long time after this

In relation to the officials, aren't they drawn from all over the world as they are experts in their sport ?.

As for Rio, well it had to go to South America some time. They have been trying to get it to South America since before 1956, at least.

In relation to the officials, aren't they drawn from all over the world as they are experts in their sport ?.

As for Rio, well it had to go to South America some time. They have been trying to get it to South America since before 1956, at least.
Yep I wrote something similar in the athletics track event, someone was whinging about the doctors not being out there quickly enough when Mickle dislocated her shoulder after throwing the javelin. Just like the IAAF has control of the athletics meet, the UCI has control of the cycling program at the velodrome and the other cycling venues. If you listened closely to Phil and Scot you would have heard that the Chief Commissaire is a German and is an ex professional cyclist. He is employed by the UCI not the RIO OCOG. The UCI have control of how the meet is conducted as its their rules and their meet. There would be some Brazilian nationals who have official positions but plenty form around the world brought in by the UCI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back