Analysis Rival Improvement Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, I can see Essendon improving and playing finals in 2019.
Melbourne have a real shot at top four.
Brisbane are doing everything right but will finish 9-12.
the North Melbourne Football Club with their big name recruiting of Martin, Kelly, De Goey, Gaff and Heeney will probably be minor premiers.

Yeah, I would have thought that getting Daniher fit and playing alone would improve Essendon a few wins on 2018. Goddard retiring will help too :D

Big call but I think Adelaide will slide further down. 12 wins this year could turn to an 8-win season next year. I don't think anything has been resolved at that club. Much more upside in Port Adelaide imo.

Big call but I think Adelaide will slide further down. 12 wins this year could turn to an 8-win season next year. I don't think anything has been resolved at that club. Much more upside in Port Adelaide imo.

The only thing I can pick with adelaide is another big name player will walk out on them next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most improved will be club that connects the players, has a reflective self aware coach that learns to trust and delegate, a CEO with vision and Board Chair that backs the strategy... you know a rare combination often imitated but rarely matched .... oh and a KPF recruit....

norflol

Melbourne to me is the team to beat even if Hogan goes to Freo then they most likely get May from GC.

West Coast will also be up there, new home ground is a bloody fortress and I hope we dont have to play there in 2019, in saying that it's about time Collingwood had to play an away game against them during the season for a change. They kept Gaff, found a replacement for Lycett and if they can still nab Kelly they will be hard to beat.

Essendon, you would expect them to make the 8 and if they get their tails up could do a Collingwood in 2019, still think we have their measure though.

They are the main 3 teams I can see, challenging us in 2019.

As the others:

Collingwood they got their s**t together but I still dont rate them as highly, think they got us at the perfect time in the Prelim but if we had to play them out of 10 times I reckon we would win 7. Plus with Tom Lynch next year makes us stronger.

Sydney - not sure what they are doing I seriously cant see them make the 8 next year and that usually bites me on the arse as they prove every year that they can, still think they might actually miss finals for the first time in years.

GWS - Still have talent but no where near the talent they have had over the past 3 years, should make the 8 but cant see them winning the flag.

Hawthorn - bit like Collingwood IMO think a tougher fixture next year will send them back to middle of the table.

Geelong - middle of the road they need to inject some pace into their side and getting Dalhaus and Rohan isnt going to work.

Low teams that I see improvement:

Brisbane - self explanatory really starting to build belief and if they get Neale which they should will help them alot, I'm picking they will win a lot of games at the GABBA next year, on the road might be their downfall however.

Fremantle - ONLY if they can get Hogan and Lobb, still will most likely finish bottom 4 but again their new home ground will make them harder to beat especially if they now have a decent target to kick too, will open up their forwardline, midfield will still be good (Fyfe) even without Neale.

Sydney in the middle 6 tier so watch them get a dream draw next yr, Cats as well. Pies & Hawks will have a tougher draw which will sort them out one way or the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back