Preview Rnd 10 - Carlton v Hawks Sat May 22 at 1.45 at MCG - Team Post #357

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the free ones go pretty quickly and that you will have to pay for a seat. It's happened to me with the members away game tickets, might be a similar situation for home games, not sure as i have reserved seats for home games.

Thanks. Pretty rough having to pay full retail for a ticket when you’re a member with supposed GA access.

Have been a member for 22 years, they should just about be paying me to go!

That would mean a 6-3 ledger, which is unrealistic with the draw we have had and what progression really looks like for this team

5-4 really should have been, not showing up vs Collingwood and the fade out vs WBD & we’re there. % is a worry, burying the Dockers should have been on the cards (was looking the same vs WBD again)

Missed opportunities against PTA & BL when chances beckoned (even Richmond for that matter). Lacking composure, footy smarts & some class.

We must beat HFC this w/end, and hopefully play some watchable footy at the same time.

Changes I think will happen;
Ins - Silvagni Martin Newnes Kennedy
Outs - Cuningham (inj.) Betts (managed) Parks Gibbons

Think I saw Betts nursing the calf and he may be due for a rest.

The 22
Plowman Weitering Docherty
Saad Jones Williams

Cottrell Cripps Newnes

Martin Casboult Fogarty
Murphy McKay Silvagni

Pitto Walsh Curnow

int.
Stocker Setterfield Newman Owies
Sub Kennedy

I think we need to play a more settled & experienced backline where Doch may need to play a lockdown role on Breust. Plowman on Wingard and flow on from there. I like Cottrell and the only things he needs to work on are what he does with the ball.. what he does without it is what’s keeping him in the team. Silvagni and Martin will help with i50 ball movement and I would bring in Martin if he passes the test immediately as this is a must win. Newnes & Setters to play more tight at stoppages. This is a fairly strong lineup and I expect us to win by 30+ this weekend. Go baggers!

After some help with buying tickets for Saturday. For Saturday, I want to get one adult and one kid entry - both members without a reserved seat.

I have the email from the club saying redeem tickets here, I click the link, enter one or both codes provided in the email and it says nothing available.

If I don't enter details, it says I can buy tickets.

1) am I doing something wrong 2) is the members non-reserved seat sold out?

Would appreciate help, first time getting a ticket in the new arrangement.

Also, just noticed I'm going at an average of a post every 1.5 years :)

AFL have to try and get as much money out of people as they can. They had about 2 top sections of the top of the northern stand for general admin (no extra charge for normal members). Do they think the other 95,000 will sell out? No, but want you to pay more money - and if you do pay more then you just give them more reason to do it.

Thanks. Pretty rough having to pay full retail for a ticket when you’re a member with supposed GA access.

Have been a member for 22 years, they should just about be paying me to go!
I have found when getting tickets for family members (reserved or GA) that sometimes the ticketek website bugs as tries to charge you for GA tickets.

let the timer expire, close the window and reload if it is trying to charge you entry.

After some help with buying tickets for Saturday. For Saturday, I want to get one adult and one kid entry - both members without a reserved seat.

I have the email from the club saying redeem tickets here, I click the link, enter one or both codes provided in the email and it says nothing available.

If I don't enter details, it says I can buy tickets.

1) am I doing something wrong 2) is the members non-reserved seat sold out?

Would appreciate help, first time getting a ticket in the new arrangement.

Also, just noticed I'm going at an average of a post every 1.5 years :)

Hi Motts,

That seems really odd, I'm also a member without a reserved seat, I used the 2 barcodes (I have 2 memberships) the club provided and got my free seats on level 1.
If you are struggling to figure it out, perhaps give the membership line a call. I have had only good experiences with them. No way this game is anywhere near a sellout, and I highly doubt our members bays are sold out. Would be lucky to get 30k there. Hope you can figure something out!

The 22
Saad Jones Williams

Cottrell Cripps Newnes

Martin Casboult Fogarty
Murphy McKay Silvagni

Pitto Walsh Curnow

int.
Sub Kennedy

I think we need to play a more settled & experienced backline where Doch may need to play a lockdown role on Breust. Plowman on Wingard and flow on from there. I like Cottrell and the only things he needs to work on are what he does with the ball.. what he does without it is what’s keeping him in the team. Silvagni and Martin will help with i50 ball movement and I would bring in Martin if he passes the test immediately as this is a must win. Newnes & Setters to play more tight at stoppages. This is a fairly strong lineup and I expect us to win by 30+ this weekend. Go baggers!

If these changes occur, then we have lost it.

Definitely need to bring TDK in this week. Either Pitto or Cas out, I don't care which one as both are a liability.

JSOS to come straight back in.

Harry is supposed to be ok, so I'll assume he's fit. If he's grimacing at his shoulder again and unable to get his arms up this week then whoever is accountable for the decision to let him play should be sacked.

Plowman and Jones you have to take the good with the bad, but ffs last week they gave me the absolute shits. That Neale-Bullen goal that Plow gave up.... he needs an old fashioned clout around the ear hole for that.

JSOS in for Cuners.

TDK in for Levi.

Let Jack M get a run in the reserves. If he does come in he probably replaces Owies.

Obviously I’d like to see SPS in the team as well. Instead of Murphy. But who am I kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He can come in instead of Gibbons

IDid not see the game v Melbourne.
How did Setterfield go?
His stats look alright but how was he in actually real time?

The 22
Saad Jones Williams

Cottrell Cripps Newnes

Martin Casboult Fogarty
Murphy McKay Silvagni

Pitto Walsh Curnow

int.
Sub Kennedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IDid not see the game v Melbourne.
How did Setterfield go?
His stats look alright but how was he in actually real time?
He wasn’t as bad as people are making it out. Played inside and on the wing, made an impact. Had a couple of bad moments but I think that’s more of a confidence thing that can be fixed. I would persevere.

We should put the Hawks to the sword but nervous about this game given last years schmozzle.

Not talking to any Hawthorn supporting mates until after the Fat Lady has sung.

We should put the Hawks to the sword but nervous about this game given last years schmozzle.

Not talking to any Hawthorn supporting mates until after the Fat Lady has sung.
I would have preferred if they had steamrolled Norf.

Let's see. Everyone been on Hawthorns back, Mitchell and the veterans slaughtered by the press and their own supporters, Clarkson would be demanding they make a statement to the football world...Cripps and Walsh will be hunted like the nearly extinct Sumatran Tigers, and they will get smashed at every opportunity. We may have DeKoning facing a very experienced and big body ruckman... It has Greek tragedy written all over it this Saturday at the G.

This is why sometimes it is worth looking at the big picture. I agree we're one game behind expectations as well.

My main concern is more about our inability to stop teams kicking runs of 4+ goals in a row against us.
Once we learn to stop momentum, I think we will take the next step.
I share this concern too but think there's a couple other big ones to consider as well... like why have so few players improved this year on last year? Why do we continually have defensive lapses and concede so many I50's each game? Why are our skills so poor each week? Why are so many clearances hack kicks forward? And most importantly... Why are these things not improving?

On the positive side our entry into 50 this year is so much better than last year.

Stats certainly can be misleading. I thought he was piss poor. But at least he got it a few times before coughing it up.
Not sure he was that bad. Setters only had 4 turnovers which is less than Weitering, Stocker, Cripps, Fogarty, Betts, Saad, Curnow & Walsh.

Casboult, Gibbons, Newman & Docherty had the same as Setterfield.

Harry, Jones, Owies, Cottrell, Murphy, Parks, Williams, Pittonet, Plowman all had less.

Equal 8th for most disposals, equal 9th for least turnovers.

Not sure he was that bad. Setters only had 4 turnovers which is less than Weitering, Stocker, Cripps, Fogarty, Betts, Saad, Curnow & Walsh.

Casboult, Gibbons, Newman & Docherty had the same as Setterfield.

Harry, Jones, Owies, Cottrell, Murphy, Parks, Williams, Pittonet, Plowman all had less.

Equal 8th for most disposals, equal 9th for least turnovers.
Okay, seems I was bit hard on him. So many of our players had mares. Weits, Jones, Plow, Parks, Gibbo and Cunners going down in the first minute. No wonder we were beaten and could possibly have been by a greater margin quite easily.

Losses
Richmond - Not a shock
Collingwood - This was a bad result
Port - Not a shock
Lions - Not a shock
Doggies - Not a shock
Melbourne - Not a shock

Those are some of the best teams this year and Richmond which should be close to premiership favourites by the end of the year.

Collingwood is the one loss that really should not have happened.

We may need to adjust our expectations a little. (I will say the Doggies loss was bad as well)

We still haven’t played Geelong, Sydney or West Coast to round out the current top 8. We also haven’t played GWS (9th) or St Kilda (11th).

If readjusting our expectations means accepting we’ll finish 12th - 14th, this is probably why we’re annoyed after another wasted season and 0 progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back