Unleash Finbar's Fury
Sep 22, 2016
D'Amico Republic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Cubs, FC Brugge
2b6046a6-7813-4307-82fe-46646e78cff7-png.921142

OK this is written before the Demons game finishes but given what I’ve read here over the few weeks and the general La Saveur of the board I’ll go with 2 early intros

Intro 1 - A Melbourne win
We’re f’ed, season’s over, Teague can’t gameday coach, the game style doesn’t hold up, Murphy should retire, (trade, rest, offer a mega deal, rescind the offer, personal issues are affecting) Cripps...sack the assistants, we’ve overpaid Saad and Williams, Russell is over-rated, Liddell should stay out of list management, and why has MLG remained silent!!

INtro 2 - We beat Melbourne
We were lucky, they played sh*t, see Intro 1

Anyway, on to the Hawks this week!!

Tale of the Tape - meetings since the rebuild started
2020 - Lost and gave up a big lead
2019 - Lost and gave up aa bigger lead
2018 - Flogged
2017 - Win - I was hoping this would see us go past them for the next decade but not to be
2016 - Loss

What I want to see this week
Having seen the Hawks first hand yesterday, they have a few things to look out for:
  • They were belting North whilst they won in the middle and around the contest, as soon as North took that away they were all over them - Hawks have slower contested mids like ours so midfield battle as always is crucial
  • THey have 2 really dumb KPD’s - gave away several free kicks when isolated ball came in quick, plus umps missed a few more that North should have got
  • Impey and Jiath provide their only dare - lock down on Impey and pressure Jiath as he will turn it over - and their ball movement stagnates
  • Breust is super smart, runs through the fwd congestion and seemingly gets cheap goals, but they’re not....must not let him goalside
  • They set up for sides to bomb the ball fwd...FFS...lower the eyes and run it through the midfield - the corridor was open all game yesterday and Kangas went coast to coast several times with fast aggressive ball movement
Other things I’d like to see
1) This bloke...

704D1213-D4F0-4A9D-9DB9-ED61193B4257.jpeg

....running into the Fox Footy booth, Norm Smith majestically draped around the neck, to give Dermie an ear massage and let him know we’re still up for it!!

2) This dent....
035223D7-4953-4F63-98F9-8D1615D31AEB.jpeg

....in the wall after Ian Aitken has burst into the Hawks coaching box and belts the cowardly sniper in a revenge attack 34 years in the making, creating an all in for the ages and reviving Buckley’s recounting of events

“Wallsy was off his head,” Buckley recalled of the half-time break. “He said: ‘I don’t want Clarkson to walk off the ground’ and said he wanted me to do it. I’ve got no idea why.

“So just before they bounced the ball for the second half, I went up to Clarkson and we were into it, punching on for three or four minutes. I was knackered. I said to Rhys: ‘You take over, I’m stuffed’, so then Rhys was hammering the sh*t out of him, and the last thing I remember was him hiding behind the goal umpire down the other end.

(NOTE: Can neither confirm nor deny said picture was taken by laughing wife after last weeks loss to the Dogs)
(NOTE: Yes I hold a grudge)

OK OK, I admit we’re unlikely to see it but I’d take a repeat of this one...

AB17C0E3-EE42-4897-ABD5-F67E4CF8C798.jpeg

INs and Outs
Out: Anyone who is sore, I’m a tad over playing blokes who aren’t right....and Gibbo too, I know we dropped him last week but his crimes against humanity simply can’t be ignored, drop him again
EDIT: Cuners...* it

IN: Hopefuly TDK is fit, other than that, have at it.

Overall thoughts...Bob Santamaria style (showing my age)
  • I am not as pessimistic as others, I think we get the job done this week, but I also think the negativity has been too hard too early. But hey, let it out brothers and sisters, I enjoy unbridled rage more than clinical dissection as it cuts a little too close.
  • We’ve had a stinking draw with 3 of last years prelim finalists and this years top 2 form sides.
  • Game style does Need tweaking, especially against the top sides with better defences/midfields
  • Next 3 weeks are the key, we could come good in the back half of the year with a softer draw decent injury list and some quality additions
Verdict
I’m sick of losing to these f***ers, can we please just win!!
Blues by Christou....Woof!!

Stay Classy Carltonians :)

Last edited:
Out: Gibbons, Cuningham, Murphy and McKay and Pittonet
In: Silvagni, TDK, Honey and Durdin.

Out: Gibbons, Cuningham, Murphy and McKay and Pittonet
In: Silvagni, TDK, Honey and Durdin.
Honey
Ah, sugar, sugar
You are my candy girl
And you got me wanting you

OUT: Cottrell, Cuningham, Pittonet, Newman
IN: O'Brien, Ramsay, TDK, Dow

FB:
Plowman Jones Parks
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Walsh E.Curnow Williams
HF: Fogarty Casboult Ramsay
FF:
Betts McKay JSOS

R: TDK
Cripps Setterfield

INT: Stocker, O'Brien, Dow, Murphy

EMG: Pittonet, SPS, Owies, Williamson

To dare is to do.

OUT: Cottrell, Cuningham, Pittonet, Newman
IN: O'Brien, Ramsay, TDK, Dow

FB:
Plowman Jones Parks
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Walsh E.Curnow Williams
HF: Fogarty Casboult Ramsay
FF:
Betts McKay JSOS

R: TDK
Cripps Setterfield

INT: Stocker, O'Brien, Dow, Murphy

EMG: Pittonet, SPS, Owies, Williamson

To dare is to do.
WHy drop Newman after one game? He was fine today and deserves more time in the side. Plenty more passengers that deserve to go before him

WHy drop Newman after one game? He was fine today and deserves more time in the side. Plenty more passengers that deserve to go before him
He was mindlessly fed the ball around 15 times. For the first three quarters he had something like 5 pressure acts, 2 intercepts and zero spoils.

At the end of the game he had zero score involvements, four turn overs.

He was a walking tactical instruction, not a contributor.

He was fed the ball almost 15 times. For the first three quarters he had 5 pressure acts, 2 intercepts and zero spoils.

He was a walking tactical instruction, not a contributor.

Blame the coaches. I was shocked he was included this week. Not because he isn’t good enough but because he wasn’t ready and didn’t demand the spot. Add the treatment of SPS and some other selections and the result shouldn’t and isn’t a surprise. The coaches, including Teague, are letting this team down.

Jones and Casboult cannot kick the football. They both need to go.

Plowman is soft as butter. He needs to go.

We need to play the kids. Newnes at least provides a contest and can tackle.

In: De Koning, O'Brien, Kennedy, SPS, Newnes, Dow, Honey
Out: Jones, Plowman, Cripps (inj.), Cuningham (inj.), McKay (inj.), Cottrell, Casboult

B: Docherty-------------------Parks-------------------Newman

H: Williams------------------Weitering------------------Saad

C: SPS----------------------Setterfield----------------O'Brien

H: Fogarty-------------------Newnes-----------------Murphy

F: Betts----------------------Pittonet-------------------Owies

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Kennedy, Stocker, Honey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones and Casboult cannot kick the football. They both need to go.

Plowman is soft as butter. He needs to go.

We need to play the kids. Newnes at least provides a contest and can tackle.

In: De Koning, O'Brien, Kennedy, SPS, Newnes, Dow, Honey
Out: Jones, Plowman, Cripps (inj.), Cuningham (inj.), McKay (inj.), Cottrell, Casboult

B: Docherty-------------------Parks-------------------Newman

H: Williams------------------Weitering------------------Saad

C: SPS----------------------Setterfield----------------O'Brien

H: Fogarty-------------------Newnes-----------------Murphy

F: Betts----------------------Pittonet-------------------Owies

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Kennedy, Stocker, Honey
That’s an interesting forward line brother …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back