Preview Rnd 10 - Carlton v North Sunday 28th May 3.20PM @ Etihad - Final Team post #608

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Market moving to the Roos.

Can't argue with the ins as they consistently said its not about the scoreboard and Macreadie was demoted for a rest, not form.

We need some spark up forward so Sumnuts makes sense.

The forward set up will be interesting as will the back.

Hope they aren't flat, that would s**t me.

But note.. this means we are playing 14 "youth" an absolute record for us. One more than we ever have before and that suggests to me that a late change could potentially come in to lower that number. I'd be ecstatic to roll 14 youth but i wonder if the MC would be

You just don't want to adjust the scale on the charts in the youf thread.... :p

They won't take it easy.

They'll see us as an easy kill.

We better be on.

Worried that there forward line is going to stretch our defence, Ben Brown, Waite and Wood with Goldie and potentially Presuss also spending time there.
Goldie smashed us last year, Kruezer and Phillips were out injured, Gorringe got a gig and Goldie just did as he pleased, was one our worst performances for the year IIRC.
Kruez and Cas will need to have big games and limit Goldie's influence, for us to be a chance.

Market moving to the Roos.

Can't argue with the ins as they consistently said its not about the scoreboard and Macreadie was demoted for a rest, not form.

We need some spark up forward so Sumnuts makes sense.

The forward set up will be interesting as will the back.

Hope they aren't flat, that would s**t me.

Better not be flat with a week off for everyone next round. Nothing left in the tank when the final siren goes, regardless of the scoreline.

Worried that there forward line is going to stretch our defence, Ben Brown, Waite and Wood with Goldie and potentially Presuss also spending time there.
Goldie smashed us last year, Kruezer and Phillips were out injured, Gorringe got a gig and Goldie just did as he pleased, was one our worst performances for the year IIRC.
Kruez and Cas will need to have big games and limit Goldie's influence, for us to be a chance.

I'm only concerned about our ability to pressure all over the ground that way their forwards shouldn't get hold of us.

Waite won't beat 2 men if the ball is coming in s**t.

If it comes in to one on ones you may as well go do some gardening.

Great ins. Macreadie has all the skills for a key defender just lacking in terms of muscle. But he's the right choice if LJ wasn't available.

I don't rate Sumner. Feel he drifts in and out of games. But, again, he's the right choice. Has shown great defensive pressure - to his credit - in the VFL and that's what I want to see from him. We struggled to bottle it up last week in our forward 50.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Weitering 100% plays forward this week!

Hoping we see one last Effort from the buys before the bye. SPS and Weitering have been quiet for 2 weeks....let's hope they can spark us on Sunday
Doubt it.

Think we will keep him down back this week. He looked so much better back last week. With Rowe going down he will need to play back this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming back from WA is going to be tough, hopefully North take us a bit lightly and get complacent.
They've been pretty good this year and doing much better then many expected.
Not just the travel factor to worry about, the wet conditions could see some very tired and sore bodies with heavy legs.

They all played down back last week. The only change is Macreadie for Rowe.

So if anything we are going in shorter and more nimble than last week

And we make Norfs smalls look AA, just as we have done for Freo's last week

Also with all the tall timber in the back half Cas will get double teamed by Tarrant and Thompson......

just hope sumner can get more possies then tackles this year.☺
turner an garner are keys keep them quiet early north lack speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back