Preview Rnd 12 - Carlton v Fremantle Sat 15th Aug 8.10PM AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game for Teaguey.

Teague has demanded a win in his presser yesterday. There was no "hopefully's" or "maybe's" in his presser. He flatout said "we will win".

I liked it. Just don't know whether he's given himself the best shot at it with selection. But i like it that he's put himself out there. Get the feeling Teague will be holding them to account for this one. I personally think he's had too much faith in quite a few, positionally and in the team itself.

But big game for all tonight.

Teague has demanded a win in his presser yesterday. There was no "hopefully's" or "maybe's" in his presser. He flatout said "we will win".

I liked it. Just don't know whether he's given himself the best shot at it with selection. But i like it that he's put himself out there. Get the feeling Teague will be holding them to account for this one. I personally think he's had too much faith in quite a few, positionally and in the team itself.

But big game for all tonight.

I hope Teague is using this faux expecting victory thing as a last chance for many underperforming senior players. The changes simply must be coming in this next set of matches.

Dow must play AFL football.

A loss tonight, whilst not ideal, should not mean that the club or Teague should be put under pressure really.

Depends on the effort the players bring to the table, we play like we did against West Coast we should win fairly well. However if we serve up the crap against Hawthorn, we will lose.

Would like the players to take some ownership of their own performances, even if this game is for all intents and purposes, a dead rubber.

A loss tonight, whilst not ideal, should not mean that the club or Teague should be put under pressure really.

Depends on the effort the players bring to the table, we play like we did against West Coast we should win fairly well. However if we serve up the crap against Hawthorn, we will lose.

Would like the players to take some ownership of their own performances, even if this game is for all intents and purposes, a dead rubber.

I disagree. It honestly seems like our list managers will have to save our selection committee from themselves.

The frustrating thing for me at the moment is we have options to address our issues but choose to ignore them and continue with the same old tired formula.

If we get to the middle of next year as also ran club. The drums will be beating for Teague to go.

I hope Teague is using this faux expecting victory thing as a last chance for many underperforming senior players. The changes simply must be coming in this next set of matches.

Dow must play AFL football.

The changes are about 3 weeks late already.

Imo Teague is under no tenure pressure at all. He's done more right than wrong in his short tenure so far. I think he has got the makings of a good coach.

I think he is showing a bit too much deference across the board but suring up your position as a new coach at Carlton isn't a stupid thing to do lol.

He'll be alright. The important thing is that he understands the AFL game and industry and knows how to win imo. He came with a good grounding, hit the ground running, is feeling his way through some things, and will be fine imo.

I disagree. It honestly seems like our list managers will have to save our selection committee from themselves.

The frustrating thing for me at the moment is we have options to address our issues but choose to ignore them and continue with the same old tired formula.

If we get to the middle of next year as also ran club. The drums will be beating for Teague to go.

Ridiculous call mate.

Unless we win the Spoon next year, Teague will atill he coach no matter what happens.

Contrary to what many believe, our list is still all not that flash/great, and I admit we are probably 2 wins less right now than what we should have been, but.this has been a very unusual season with mitigating circumstances.

Sacking coaches every 3 years is a sign of a poorly run club, which we have been.

Gotta give Teague at least 5 full seasons IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous call mate.

Unless we win the Spoon next year, Teague will atill he coach no matter what happens.

Contrary to what many believe, our list is still all not that flash/great, and I admit we are probably 2 wins less right now than what we should have been, but.this has been a very unusual season with mitigating circumstances.

Sacking coaches every 3 years is a sign of a poorly run club, which we have been.

Gotta give Teague at least 5 full seasons IMO.

Not saying it's what I want to happen. Just that it would happen if we were say bottom 4 next year.

We are far from a well run club let's be honest. Look at how the SOS situation was handled and even the Bolton sacking. Not to mention Judd training wheels....

Not saying it's what I want to happen. Just that it would happen if we were day bottom 4 next year.

We are far from a well run club let's be honest. Look at how the SOS situation was handled and even the Bolton sacking. Not to mention Judd training wheels....

Even if we finish bottom 4 next year (which I truly doubt, Crows, North, Hawthorn and one of Sydney or Freo will be anchored there) Teague would still be safe, unless he has a massive falling out with the board or players.

I would expect an organic and considerable improvement next year in terms of wins and losses, provided we have a kind run with injuries.

Not saying it's what I want to happen. Just that it would happen if we were say bottom 4 next year.

SOS was messy but what was wrong with the Bolton sacking - we were 1-10 in his fourth year ?

Not sure why were talking about sacking our coach in his first year.

Make no mistake about it though, with where our list is at, if next year we dont make finals or come close to it, then teague is probably gone. Look at the clubs history of sacking coaches, they wont wait to see if teague comes good, not while our list should be good enough to play finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back