Autopsy RND 15: "Another 100+ Loss" Negatives v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

He put in a huge effort tonight but I'm going to call out Yeo's lack of composure as a senior player. Whatever that was tonight was more akin to the kick off in rugby. No point winning the clearance if that's the best you can offer the forwards.

Both he and Shuey put in huge shifts but we need them to provide steady heads, not just hardened bodies.

Gaff, on the other hand - was it 12 touches in the end? He's on big time money and to produce that as a senior player was frankly embarrassing. I don't give a toss if he's the only Eagle in the WAFL next week. Until he's held accountable for his efforts on-field I won't take Simpson nor this club seriously.

What Can I Say Lol GIF by Max

Saints next week at home... heck me we are a glutton for punishment this year.
Simmo needs to drop experienced players for that effort (lack thereof).
Anything short of Gaff in the WAFL next week is just taking the piss.

If i thought for a second it'd be possible i'd say Nissie should fall on his sword and piss right off tonight.

With only 3 players in the Beagles side today and only Trew an option. what can you even do player wise after that miserable performance
I would love it if the players all just sat on the ground at the opening bounce next week.

It's a total farce anyway, we have multiple players out on the ground who shouldn't be selected as they are injured.

Just call the AFL out on our situation.

I think there will be some ramification from that game. It may not necessarily be Simmo leaving but I think some hard calls may be made on some players. We may even see a retirement.

We are taking short steps if Simmo doesn’t leave directly as result of that game. Period.

Anything else is just us making noises but not really doing anything.

I don't know what the take-away from this is.

• We lost every 1-on-1 contest.
  • No sign of any game plan. New, old or otherwise.
  • Nobody gave a s**t. Nobody.
  • When the ball was turned over, everyone just jogged. No pressure, no desperation to win the ball back.
  • When we won the ball, everybody jogged. No urgency, no desperation to offer a target.

But this result won't change anything. Not a thing. The club will come out with some cliche'd bullshit about sticking together, learning from this, needing to get better. Nothing will be said about wtf is happening. What is being done. Who's heads are on the chopping block.

And sure as hell, no senior players will be dropped. Gaff will continue being the statistically worst player in the AFL.
Sheed will continue jogging around not giving a s**t, knowing that he has a nice juicy contract and enough credits to never play WAFL again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How nice is nice watching Johnson look totally comfortable at AFL level, impacting games regularly for Cockburn and hitting the scoreboard.

It's almost like the melts on draft night in 2021 were completely justified.
Almost as good as watching Nic Martin run around dominating for Essendon

How are you guys going to celebrate the 25th anniversary of our last win at the SCG next year?

Putting my signed Will Collins jersey at my door

Seriously though. The Nic Martin miss is the worst trade/drafting decision this millennium. Will should thank god for McLeod/Chris Groom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back