Autopsy RND 15: "Another 100+ Loss" Negatives v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Hewett and Maric look today?
Hewett was good enough from limited opportunities.

Maric is only playing because nobody else is available.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

So is the player you are referring to start with an M and end with a McGovern? Lol

If I was the Eagles, I'd stay well away from Mitch. I just can't see how he helps you. It would be accommodating the brothers so they can play together, but with their durability issues, it's just more of the same for you guys.

Having said that, I feel like he's playing fairly careful for us this year. That suggests he wants to stay healthy for next year. I just feel like he's gone and obviously Eagles are the likeliest landing spot.

You will still need senior guys around to bring the young guys through so stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

If I was the Eagles, I'd stay well away from Mitch. I just can't see how he helps you. It would be accommodating the brothers so they can play together, but with their durability issues, it's just more of the same for you guys.

Having said that, I feel line he's playing fairly careful for us this year. That suggests he wants to stay healthy for next year. I just feel like he's gone and obviously Eagles are the likeliest landing spot.

You will still need senior guys around to bring the young guys through so stranger things have happened.
Are you trying to send me to the depression thread?

Positive: I raised the banner for the first time ever, and nobody can take that experience away from me
I also stayed until the end as always

Neutral: Shuey, Darling and Allen

That’s all I’ve got as it was a painful game :(

Oscar Allen is probably the best key forward in the AFL playing in the worst team in history.

Are you trying to send me to the depression thread?

I apologise. I'd be upset if I was an Eagles supporter and that happened. It would be incredibly irresponsible. He'd come cheap of course and if he stayed fit, he'd be a good stop gap. It's just such a risk for a rebuilding list that has such an incredible ongoing injury list.

I apologise. I'd be upset if I was an Eagles supporter and that happened. It would be incredibly irresponsible. He'd come cheap of course and if he stayed fit, he'd be a good stop gap. It's just such a risk for a rebuilding list that has such an incredible ongoing injury list.
Was only joking mate, shit posting is all I've got left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A positive was moving Petrucelle to the backline , I hope we persist till at least the end of the season he looked better with the ball coming at him ..
Long tried his little heart out
Hough seems to have put a little more muscle on and is showing a bit ..
Ginbey is developing well and will be a beast ..
Hewett in his 2nd game is showing some glimpses and also learning the pace and skill at this level can be brutal on any mistakes ..

We began well initially but kudos should be heaped on Sydney they were clean white hot and pumped to do well , it was amazing they could barely do anything wrong ,they had the ball bounces and the knock ons from skill and lady luck ..

Hopefully Wce will be better next week to keep the wolves at bay ..

A positive was moving Petrucelle to the backline , I hope we persist till at least the end of the season he looked better with the ball coming at him ..
Long tried his little heart out
Hough seems to have put a little more muscle on and is showing a bit ..
Ginbey is developing well and will be a beast ..
Hewett in his 2nd game is showing some glimpses and also learning the pace and skill at this level can be brutal on any mistakes ..

We began well initially but kudos should be heaped on Sydney they were clean white hot and pumped to do well , it was amazing they could barely do anything wrong ,they had the ball bounces and the knock ons from skill and lady luck ..

Hopefully Wce will be better next week to keep the wolves at bay ..
I didn’t see last week game but is Chester not in your best 22

Forgive the intrusion folks.

As a Blues supporter, I'd happily have won a flag 5 years ago and been where you are right now. We have been there without any success to hang our hat on for a long long time.

This is where you go from revelling in good games, to appreciating good quarters, and then good passages of play.

Seeing a young player show some vision and skill. You just reset your parameters for a while.
This is where most people here are at. The melts today aren't as bad as some over the last 6 - 12 months. And todays game is the worst we have ever seen.

However, you don't want players to leave so you will want to see a circuit breaker to make the pain worthwhile. There will have to be a cleanout of sorts to give hope.

I think appealing to WA boys to come home is a good strategy.

At least you know exactly where you are. Your Freo rivals are kind of middling at the moment and won't have the opportunity you have to address it in the draft.

You will be back much sooner than some clubs make it back.

WA players - maybe one or two over the next 2-3 years but the priority has to be the draft. Maybe a senior player here and there to balance the list, but hit up the expats when we're eventually approaching top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back