Preview Rnd 16 - Carlton v Sydney Tues 8th Sept 8.10pm AEST @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up on Footy Classified pre GWS game.

Noticed our CB attendence numbers. Cripps & Curnow 80%+ Setterfield 76% and next is Murphy at 42%. Jack Martin 5th 26%.

I really wish we added some pace to that mix. Would love to see SPS or Fisher get some time in there or even Walsh.
For me those attendance numbers are out of whack, Martin Cunners Fisher Walsh should be through there way more, way too dependent on three players all of the same sort of inside types as well...

heatleystandend, no need for the angry face bud. The purpose of my request is to get a balanced report of those things, rather than angry, emotional responses. You usually find that things are never as bad as people first thought.

Cannot believe we are giving Murhy so many games, and yet we drop Dow after one game?

No wonder we are a joke.
Mark Murphy 19.5 disposals 3.6 marks 2 tackles 0.2 goals per game 0.4 goal assists
Dane Zorko 21.7 disposals 3.5 marks 4.8 tackles 0.5 goals per game 0.3 goal assists

Two players in similar roles, smaller mids, and Murph is not far off the mark in a very cursory examination. Holding his own against a highly regarded player. Murphy is not a star anymore, but he is hardly stealing games.

By any measure, might be time to leave Murphy alone.

This is my one gripe so far with Teague. Guys drafted as mids not playing there.

Cuningham, Dow and SPS just off the top of my head all drafted as mids and none playing there. You could throw Fisher in there as well.

Is it really a surprise that Cuners best game this year was when he spent more time up field? Or that Dows season really fell apart last year once he was taken out of the middle and played forward? Or that more people are giving up on SPS than ever before now he's playing defence?

Dow in particular has shown time and time again that he is not a forward and kind of has to only play mid, at least right now. Yet as soon as he gets into the 1s up forward he goes.
Yet last year, Teague was widely lauded when he played older heads and bigger bodies in the midfield when he took over and was successful almost immediately. Must be a happy medium somewhere!

Think Bolton went too young, Teague to hard the other way

Not suggesting Murphy shouldn't be in the side, just that he should be playing a less pivotal role

I would play Muphy in the forward line replacing Betts, with stints further up the ground
Bit of a myth. Teagues just played best available with a fitter list, Bolton did the same but played half the team out of position

Mark Murphy 19.5 disposals 3.6 marks 2 tackles 0.2 goals per game 0.4 goal assists
Dane Zorko 21.7 disposals 3.5 marks 4.8 tackles 0.5 goals per game 0.3 goal assists

Two players in similar roles, smaller mids, and Murph is not far off the mark in a very cursory examination. Holding his own against a highly regarded player. Murphy is not a star anymore, but he is hardly stealing games.

By any measure, might be time to leave Murphy alone.

A conservative political commentator would call it Murphy derangement syndrome..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over to the game day thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back